PDA

View Full Version : Is it strange to wear goggles at the beach?

blackmage_nuke
02-07-2011, 10:58 AM
It seems like Im the only one who ever does it.

topic: things that seem weird to others that doesnt seem weird to you.

asukaevaunit02
02-07-2011, 11:50 AM
It's not that strange, I was shopping with my mate for goggles. He wanted them so he could check out whats under water when he swims under the pier.

Chris
02-07-2011, 12:19 PM
People (meaning my macho, macho friends) thinks that it's weird that I remove the hair from between my eyes. Excuse me for not wanting to look like a suspicious character!

Laddy
02-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Well, people like to look underwater. :cool:

Meat Puppet
02-07-2011, 12:24 PM
But the goggles do nothing.

Laddy
02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm not saying they work!

NorthernChaosGod
02-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I can understand. I wear contacts now and I probably should wear goggles if I go to the beach, but I don't really go in the water anymore.

Jiro
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh exploitable.

That seems weird now, but only because I just open my eyes and feel the burn. It's gotta be good for me, or something.

NorthernChaosGod
02-07-2011, 07:06 PM
The water itself doesn't really burn much, if I remember correctly. I'm just afraid that I might lose a contact if I'm in there. It's weird to only have one contact in. :|

Mirage
02-07-2011, 09:44 PM
If you use them to swim underwater, I don't see why anyone would think it was weird. If you put them on while you lie on the beach to tan, I would call you pretty weird.

Tai-Ti
02-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Snorkling? No, but just jumping over waves and shiz, yes.

Things I do? Don't get me started.
I have to have the volume on my TV either on a multiple of 2, or 5.
Most people only express when they need to pee really badly, I do the same thing with no.2's, and apparently that's weird :/
I do up my bra at the front, then twist it around.
Beef strog doesn't go on pasta, it can only go on rice, you all suck if you put it on pasta!
Books must be in order or size. Height, not width.

etc etc

NorthernChaosGod
02-08-2011, 01:09 AM
That sounds... uncomfortable.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-08-2011, 01:11 AM
I love to wear my little douche bag hat. You can see the type I'm talking about in my profile picture. Only now they're popular, and I hate that.:(

If I rub/scratch something one direction, I have to rub it the other direction an equal number of times to balance it out. OCD.

When I chew a piece of gum I fold up the wrapper the exact some way it was with out the gum and put it back in the package.

I fold up my straw wrappers.

I DON'T remove the little plastic sticker things off the top of any CD/DVD/Video game I buy. All those items on my shelves are organized by system and alphabetized.

I peel the chocolate off of a 3 Musketeers and then eat the nougat separately.

Edit: I unravel swiss cake rolls and eat them flat. (I forgot, first I peal the chocolate coating off, just like the 3 Musketeer.)

Sometimes I eat oranges, lemons, and bananas whole. Peel and everything. Especially oranges and lemons.

I have a specific routine I follow for cleaning and sharpening my throwing knives and throwing axes. The local sporting goods store didn't have another Arkansas stone for me to buy, and it's making me a little fidgety because my axes are dull. :(

There's other stuff I'm sure.

NorthernChaosGod
02-08-2011, 01:17 AM
I love to wear my little douche bag hat. You can see the type I'm talking about in my profile picture. Only now they're popular, and I hate that.:(

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8481/1228780206034.jpg

blackmage_nuke
02-08-2011, 01:26 AM
If i get pulled under I'll already be struggling to breathe, I dont want to be struggling to see as well.

Iceglow
02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
The water itself doesn't really burn much, if I remember correctly. I'm just afraid that I might lose a contact if I'm in there. It's weird to only have one contact in. :|

Carry spares duh!

This is a surprisingly not weird thing, most of my ex-girlfriends do this because it's easier than trying to hook it up behind your back, especially since the bra strap goes right between the area where you find it difficult to do yourself. Though my last girlfriend got incredibly lazy and pretty much every morning simply got me to do her bra up. That was a little weird because frankly I am male, I wanted to be undoing the bra an pulling her back in to bed lol.

Tai-Ti
02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
This is a surprisingly not weird thing, most of my ex-girlfriends do this because it's easier than trying to hook it up behind your back, especially since the bra strap goes right between the area where you find it difficult to do yourself. Though my last girlfriend got incredibly lazy and pretty much every morning simply got me to do her bra up. That was a little weird because frankly I am male, I wanted to be undoing the bra an pulling her back in to bed lol.

That's what I originally thought, but then all my girlfriends started telling me I was somehow a failure of my gender because I couldn't do it up behind my back :/ I've tried, and I fail every time.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-08-2011, 04:33 PM
No I'll back Iceglow up on this one. Most of my girlfriends did it your way.

I also learned about the occurrence of "clitty litter" from a few of my girlfriends.........so yeah.....that what I get for asking questions while doing some laundry.

Jessweeee♪
02-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Salt water is terrible, especially salt water with urine in it. It's not weird to wear goggles at the beach! Also I used to do my bra that way too. It's much easier to do it behind you if you use the first set of hooks. Or the last set of hooks. Whichever set is the furthest from the end :confused:

Shiny
02-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I use to wear goggles because my eyes would burn or sting if I went underwater. Then I stopped wearing goggles when I realized that it's gross to go underwater anyway seeing as how people pee in the water.

NorthernChaosGod
02-09-2011, 12:40 AM

Carry spares duh!
That would just be bothersome.

Iceglow
02-09-2011, 01:09 AM
I use to wear goggles because my eyes would burn or sting if I went underwater. Then I stopped wearing goggles when I realized that it's gross to go underwater anyway seeing as how people pee in the water.

Ok, just out of curiosity, how many billion gallons of water are there in Earth's oceans, all of which though we name differently essentially are 1 consistent conjoined water basin. Even if all 6 billion people on Earth piss in the ocean around a quarter gallon each, how diffused is that urine in the ocean? Also as most people are aware, there is a thing called the water cycle. Water falls from the sky as precipitation, through rivers, streams, canals, storm drains, underground runoffs ect ect the water mostly returns to the ocean, sometimes it evaporates on land but lets not get in to that, then evaporation occurs out over the ocean and clouds form, which eventually leads to rain and so forth and so forth. Essentially everything we touch what is wet, everything we drink, everytime we get rained on there is a diffused amount of urine in that water. Ok so water cleaning plants for drinking water yes, and swimming pools are chlorinated but otherwise pee, pee everywhere. Get used to it you get pissed on all the time and most christians say God doesn't have a sense of humour....

NorthernChaosGod
02-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Are you really saying the water in the ocean's is of uniform composition throughout? o_O

Iceglow
02-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Are you really saying the water in the ocean's is of uniform composition throughout? o_O

No that would be silly but if you think about it, everything from the days of the dinosaurs onwards has pissed in water that has joined the water cycle. There is pee everywhere in every ocean source ofcourse if you shoved your head under right when I pissed about a ft in front of me then there would be a higher frequency of pee particles and you might feel the warm flow on your face but to say that all water in the ocean is icky because people pee in it is ridiculous because at the end of the day all water sources except treated water sources contain pee.

Tai-Ti
02-09-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Shiny was referring to pools.....
I only wear goggles if I have something to see, basically. Once upon a time, I couldn't swim unless I was wearing flippers..... then I realised THAT was strange and I stopped going to the beach/pool looking like a duck

Shiny
02-09-2011, 11:24 PM
I was referring to pools. The chlorine makes my eyes burn. My eyes don't sting in fresh water and I don't swim in salt water.

NorthernChaosGod
02-10-2011, 01:43 AM

No that would be silly but if you think about it, everything from the days of the dinosaurs onwards has pissed in water that has joined the water cycle. There is pee everywhere in every ocean source ofcourse if you shoved your head under right when I pissed about a ft in front of me then there would be a higher frequency of pee particles and you might feel the warm flow on your face but to say that all water in the ocean is icky because people pee in it is ridiculous because at the end of the day all water sources except treated water sources contain pee.

Had to make sure, Broseph Stalin.

Wolf Kanno
02-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Ignoring my actual OCD crap...

I occasionally like to dress up for normal occasions. I actually enjoy wearing dress shirts, ties and suit jackets. I'll dress up to go see friends or to school. I have no issues getting dirty while wearing it as well.

I hate overhead room lights, I tend to use lamps or even hang up Christmas lights to use as my primary light source. I just like having shadows and darkness around me I guess.

I love Liver, I have no idea why no one else does. :confused:

My bedroom is always a disaster area with clothing everywhere and crap piled on the floor, yet I will meticulously keep everything else in the house clean.

I like the taste of blood. If I eat a steak at a restaurant, I will take bread or my mash potatoes and use them to soak up the blood to slurp up every delicious drop.

Quindiana Jones
02-10-2011, 11:15 AM
I dislike volumes being at an odd number. Even if there are no numbers, I hate turning something down by only one notch.

Jiro
02-10-2011, 12:38 PM
I occasionally like to dress up for normal occasions. I actually enjoy wearing dress shirts, ties and suit jackets. I'll dress up to go see friends or to school. I have no issues getting dirty while wearing it as well.

I wore a suit to Sizzler once. No, twice it was. A friend of mine is a suit guy too so we continually try to out-dress each other when going to the simplest places. I think we wore suits to the beach once.

EDIT: The volume thing too. Multiples of 2 and 5 only. I have almost crashed my car trying to fix this. But if I don't notice it, I'm okay. It's alright. It doesn't hurt anyone. *twitch*

ReloadPsi
02-11-2011, 11:53 PM
I correct myself if I end a sentence with a preposition, and re-word my previous statement.

I play Yugioh.

I dislike football. Scratch that, I hate it with every living cell of my body to the point of going out of my way to be a complete tosspot about it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRmFpwFk0h0) (This is considered very strange in the UK as not being stupidly obsessed with football apparently means you're a wanker.)