PDA

View Full Version : Wanna see pictures of me getting booted out of a plane at 10,000ft?

Iceglow
02-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Ok this is part self promotion (though for a good cause admins so please don't go mad) and part a topic.

I'm looking to do a charity skydive 10,000ft in the month of May the only requirement being I get £365+ sponsorship. The charity in question is Clic Sargent (http://www.clicsargent.org.uk/Home) my work (yes another mention of HMV by me guys lololol) has long supported this charity through many means some have been quite simple affairs of "come dressed up for halloween and donate £2.50 to charity for doing so" Other times we've written off old stock and donated it to the cause so they can sell it on at charity auctions. Many of the UK members may have seen that Tesco's are also championing this charity this year it's a worthy cause imho looking after children with cancer.

If anyone here is willing to sponsor me at all in this pm me about it or grab me on msn or something and we'll sort the details of how we're gonna work it out and how much you'll donate to the cause privately. :)

So as a topic of discussion other than my desire to be kicked outta a plane with a giant hankie strapped to my back to preserve my life which is entertaining enough! What would you do for charity or what have you done in the name of charity and was it worth it?

Jiro
02-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I read a :bou::bou::bou::bou: load of books and made people give me money so I could help out people with MS.

What I'd do for charity depends on how much I was getting. I'd jump out of a plane for charity but probably not for a couple bucks. :p

G13
02-08-2011, 09:27 AM
I talk to you on msn, that's charity enough.

If I had extra cash laying around you bet your sweet ass I'd hand it over to watch you get pushed out of a plane. Hell, I'd pay extra to be the one to kick you out of it.

The most extreme thing I'd do for charity is write the check. I've done a car wash but we were safely on the ground the whole time.

kotora
02-08-2011, 09:29 AM
So we have to pay you and you get to jump out of an airplane? Where does the charity come in?

G13
02-08-2011, 09:45 AM
The orphanage breaks his fall. :}

Bunny
02-08-2011, 04:42 PM
No video? Do you live in some backwards ass Stone Age version of the present?

Peegee
02-08-2011, 04:59 PM
there's over 100 active members in EoFF - if we all chipped in 4 lbs he would shut up and we can go back to sleep

Iceglow
02-08-2011, 11:18 PM
There may well be video too lol in which case it will be funnier still.

NorthernChaosGod
02-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Find out if there's video, I'll fork over a couple dollars.

Iceglow
02-09-2011, 01:11 AM
It's like 110% sure that there will be a video of this, hell what sky dives don't get video'd it's like me and 2 other people from work who are up for the idea, we all just need to get the sponsorship together :)

Jiro
02-09-2011, 01:26 AM
My currency is worthless but pg is right (whut) - if we all hand over a couple pounds then you'll be there in no time.

I think pg has the wrong pounds though. I haven't got lbs to spare.

NorthernChaosGod
02-09-2011, 04:58 AM
It's like 110% sure that there will be a video of this, hell what sky dives don't get video'd it's like me and 2 other people from work who are up for the idea, we all just need to get the sponsorship together :)

Okay, but if there's no video then I get to put you in the cage for an hour.

Rase
02-10-2011, 06:31 AM
I was on board until I saw parachutes were involved.