PDA

View Full Version : Lost Stylus

Yeargdribble
02-08-2011, 09:04 PM
What's the deal with people losing their styli? There's a spot right in the DS for it, so how are they so easily lost. I've yet to have this problem with my current old DS Lite (that I've had for around 3 years) or my DSi XL. I've even managed to keep up with the giant pen stylus that comes with the latter, though I do keep that one in my nightstand drawer.

JKTrix
02-08-2011, 09:53 PM
I've lost a few simply because the little nub that secures the stylus in place gets worn down enough so that the thing would just slide out if I tilt it that way. In fact I used to do it on purpose, flicking my DS from the wrist and catching the stylus in the other hand, as a little flourish to show off to myself before I played more Planet Puzzle League.

As far as the screen scratching thing goes (because I refuse to post in two different threads with similar-enough topics), yeah, people just aren't careful. Elite Beat Agents is no excuse, because I have all 3 of the games in that 'series' and I have zero scratches on my screen. I also don't use protection. *insert sleazy emoticon* Some people just really get into it.

Mirage
02-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Some people are more forgetful than others. Consider yourself lucky.

Vyk
02-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah, when I got my DS used, it didn't come with a stylus. So I bought a package of them, and I've only ever used one out of that package. Gave one to a friend. And was left with a spare, that I eventually lost track of. Not that it matters about that, 'cause I still have the first stylus I used

VeloZer0
02-13-2011, 05:46 PM
The DS even comes with a spare to begin with.

Vermachtnis
02-13-2011, 06:55 PM
I've never lost a stylus either and I still have the fat DS. My screen's a little scratched up though. Not like deep gashes or anything and the only way you'd know they were there is if the sun hits them.

escobert
02-13-2011, 07:07 PM
I never had any problem losing mine.

Bunny
02-13-2011, 08:03 PM
I threw mine away because they suck.

Yeargdribble
02-15-2011, 06:30 AM
Some people are more forgetful than others. Consider yourself lucky.

I never considered it an issue of forgetfulness. I simply put it in the hole made for it when I'm done using my DS. I don't just leave it lying around, so I don't really see what there is to forget. When you finish using it, put it away. It's not like you use the bathroom and then "forget" to wipe. B follows A. Thing is, if you're a person with a propensity for forgetfulness, learn to compensate. I know that if I took my XL's pens stylus with me somewhere it would be more likely to get lost... so I don't.

The situations where I could see it is when you have idiot siblings who don't care about your stuff and take it out and lose it. But if it's your own and you're the only one who uses it, I just can't imagine losing it.

@Bunny
Do you have another preferred stylus? I have to admit that I was comfortable with the stylus for my Lite and though the pen that comes with the XL was laughable at first. I played through almost all of Hotel Dusk and Last Window exclusively with the pen stylus and now even the larger normal XL stylus seems small. I have a feeling the old Lite stylus would give me a good deal of grief now.

ITT: Yeargdribble is a judgemental douche who doesn't understand why people can't take care of their things. I also could never understand my friend who would have the labels peeled half the way off of their NES carts. WTF was going on there? Take care of your s**t people!

Jessweeee♪
02-16-2011, 03:45 AM
I think the little nub just wore down or something. I never ever lost it once for four years straight, but one day it just fell out and after that I'd occasionally pick up my DS to find that the stylus wasn't in the slot, but somewhere on the ground nearby. One day it got lost forever. It was annoying because I couldn't find any that would fit the bulky gray DS in any stores and at the time I didn't have the means to shop online. I just cleaned out a mechanical pencil and used that.

Bunny
02-16-2011, 04:01 AM
@Bunny
Do you have another preferred stylus? I have to admit that I was comfortable with the stylus for my Lite and though the pen that comes with the XL was laughable at first. I played through almost all of Hotel Dusk and Last Window exclusively with the pen stylus and now even the larger normal XL stylus seems small. I have a feeling the old Lite stylus would give me a good deal of grief now.

I use my thumb because a smudge here or there is preferable to the possibility of a scratch.

Yeargdribble
02-16-2011, 04:17 AM
I just cleaned out a mechanical pencil and used that.

@.@

That's horrifying.

Also, as the finger thing, I can see that. I hear people talk about the stylus wearing down and potentially getting an edge as a result, but I just have never managed to put enough pressure on mine to do so. They are all as soft and round as ever. But better safe than sorry I suppose.

Of course, most of the games I play that require the stylus end up needing a little more accuracy than my fat finger can command.