PDA

View Full Version : Scratched DS

Yeargdribble
02-08-2011, 09:07 PM
What's the deal with people having scratched up DS screens? My 3 year-old DS Lite has no visible scratches and isn't really even scuffed despite a good deal of use. However, any time I see other people's DSes, especially those of younger people, it looks like they decided to play their DS with a straightened out paper clip.

I get that there are games that use the screen more than others and that these gimmicky games are probably popular among the retards whose screens I notice, but I've played games with a lot of stylus control as well without consequences. Are they just over-zealously baring down with all of their weight constantly?

Why can't people take care of things?

Mirage
02-08-2011, 09:46 PM
they probably just throw them in their school backpack, along with all the dust, sand, and crumbs that you find down in those.

Iceglow
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Not to mention some people just don't have the right pressure control for the stylus or their stylus gets damaged meaning it's got a sharp tip.

Skyblade
02-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Wait, people actually use the DS's touchscreen?

I mean, yeah, I played through Metroid Prime: Hunters, but after that I never touched the stupid thing again. There's a reason 95% of DS games allow you to stick with buttons, people.

KentaRawr!
02-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Sometimes I think their screen is scratched, but it turns out their stylus is just dirty and they're smudging the screen.

JKTrix
02-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Well, since these threads didn't get merged and this one seems more active, guess I'll just post it in here.

As far as the screen scratching thing goes (because I refuse to post in two different threads with similar-enough topics), yeah, people just aren't careful. Elite Beat Agents is no excuse, because I have all 3 of the games in that 'series' and I have zero scratches on my screen. I also don't use protection. *insert sleazy emoticon* Some people just really get into it.

The styli themselves can get worn down if you manage to hold them the exact same way every time. It will eventually flatten a bit and lose the soft, round edge, leaving a sharper edge around the flattened area that could potentially scratch the screen. I've had devices that used styli before and their cheap stylus always wore down too quick.

Also Skyblade has not played 99% of the DS games. Though really, who has. Maybe I'll augment that comment to say that Skyblade has not played 90% of the *good* DS games.

Psychotic
02-09-2011, 09:22 PM
I had a DS but then my wife broke it.

Jiro
02-10-2011, 01:13 PM
My screen was perfectly fine if you exclude the colour going spastic. But occasionally my stylus seemed to scratch at it a bit, which I can only assume was the result of dust/dirt on the screen or the stylus. Or perhaps as Iceglow said, the tip was sharpened a little.

Taking care of a DS isn't difficult. If you let it get super dirty and then press too hard when you're playing gimmicky games then of course you will have a ruined screen. Tossing them around also isn't good for it either.