PDA

View Full Version : Commence Materia Generation!

Vermachtnis
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Those scientist were awesome! And the music just made that scene all the more great.

Also, when do I get the Materia Fusion thing in the menu? Story wise Tseng just blew Bonera to kingdom come. I've done all the side missions available except for the Behind the Scenes and To Hell and Back.

Also should I have Chocobo and Cactuar at this point? I'm asking cause I have Tonberry and those are the two silhouettes above it?

ONE MORE THING, does the difficulty ever pick up? I know I probably shouldn't complain about the difficulty when I'm going through all the side missions and grabbing all that stuff and leveling, but there as been almost no challenge except for when I hit like three "Very Hard" missions in a row. Part of the reason I'm holding off on Behind the Scenes and To Hell and Back, cause what ever I get from that and ontop of the levels would just kill the difficulty right out. Also I'm LV21 and getting ready to start Chapter 4.

Wolf Kanno
02-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Those scientist were awesome! And the music just made that scene all the more great. They are fun.

Also, when do I get the Materia Fusion thing in the menu? It unlocks once you reach a certain point in the story.

Also should I have Chocobo and Cactuar at this point? I'm asking cause I have Tonberry and those are the two silhouettes above it? Cactuar is a bit ways off but Chocobo might be missing. Most of the Chocobo/FF mascot summons are obtained in treasure chests during the optional missions, so make sure to search the maps. Especially the ones by the Chocobo Ranch cause they are easy to miss.

ONE MORE THING, does the difficulty ever pick up? I know I probably shouldn't complain about the difficulty when I'm going through all the side missions and grabbing all that stuff and leveling, but there as been almost no challenge except for when I hit like three "Very Hard" missions in a row. Part of the reason I'm holding off on Behind the Scenes and To Hell and Back, cause what ever I get from that and ontop of the levels would just kill the difficulty right out. Also I'm LV21 and getting ready to start Chapter 4.

No... The later missions get extremely annoying cause you'll need to get materia with max stats bonuses attached to complete some of them without getting into too much frustration but the actual main story is pathetically easy. The average level for beating it is something like Lv. 30.

Here's what makes the game annoying, don't play expert mode cause unless you go in to the mode with New Game Plus and all your materia and equips from the previous entry, you will not get very far. The enemy stats are ridiculously high and most normal enemies can one shot you so dodge role is essential but sadly, since their is no way to neutralize bosses special cutscene attacks, you'll be killed repeatedly by the time you get to the Wutai section cause you can't do anything to protect yourself from the bosses special move unless you have all your stats and items from a previous completed game.

Mirage
02-11-2011, 10:17 PM
I wish there was wind and water magic materia.

wait which game is this?

Vermachtnis
02-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Crisis Core