PDA

View Full Version : Edge

ReloadPsi
02-12-2011, 12:12 AM
About six weeks from now it'll be three years I've gone without drinking alcohol, added to the fact I never smoked and have done weed literally only once just so I could say I'd done it and refuse ever to have to touch it again. 'Cause I'm straight edge. (No I'm not a vegan, no I don't listen to nothing but hardcore punk.) So far I've still felt no incentive to start drinking again, not even socially (though I was never exactly close to alcoholism) as I only ever did it out of peer pressure in the first place.

Here's question: in light of us being six weeks into the new year, with people having had plenty of time to violate their New Year's Resolutions and whatnot, what's something you've given up either recently or a long time ago, how long did you keep/have you kept it up, and if you're still at it, is it foreseeable that you'll continue for an indefinite period of time?

Jiro
02-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Oh crap I forgot to make myself a NY resolution. I haven't died yet so I'm doing alright

Chris
02-12-2011, 11:54 AM
My NY would be to keep doing what I have been doing for the past couple of years. Working out and excercise for a minimum of forty minutes a day. Keeping clear of all things containing sugar, and keeping up my healthy eating habits. :p

theundeadhero
02-12-2011, 02:25 PM
My goal this year is to blow somebody up with a hand grenade. Seriously. Come on fate don't let me down!

kotora
02-12-2011, 02:45 PM
lost my vegan edge today

who knew there's milk in ice cream

rubah
02-12-2011, 05:30 PM
try sherbet, kotora.

I mean to go all week without drinking colas, but I forgot and drank some at dinner the other night, but that's still like 500% better than most weeks! 8D

sharkythesharkdogg
02-12-2011, 07:06 PM
lost my vegan edge today

who knew there's milk in ice cream

:p

My friend was Hari Krishna, so I used to give him :bou::bou::bou::bou: all the time about being vegan and selling pencils and roses at the airport.

I did the raw food diet for about 2 years, and honestly didn't feel different or healthier. Shrug. I just watch my intake. The only resolution I've made is to finally go back to school. So far so good.

cloud_doll
02-12-2011, 07:56 PM
My resolution would be to keep one job. And only quit for good reason. I have an addiction to quitting jobs.

btw, I'm happy for you that you've stayed away from alcohol, especially since you only did it under peer pressure. I know a friend of mine who does that and it's just aggravating because he hates being drunk, but he feels out of place if he's not drinking when other people are. So good job =)

Blue Harvest
02-12-2011, 09:05 PM
I didn't bother making any resolutions this year. I never keep to them so I figured why bother?