PDA

View Full Version : That dam Proudclad

ScottyRedXIII
02-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Why is this guy so hard!?!? i managed to beat him first time round (and it took a while, so i tried the same system second time round but get my :bou::bou::bou: kicked soo many times

any one got any tips??

Shaibana
02-12-2011, 03:19 PM
and who/what/where is this Proudclad?

silentenigma
02-12-2011, 04:04 PM
grind like it's 1992

Ouch!
02-12-2011, 04:25 PM
If you're having trouble, just go super conservative: Sazh, Hope, Fang. Have the following paradigms set up:

SYN, SYN, SEN
SYN, MED, SEN
RAV, RAV, COM
RAV, MED, COM
COM, MED, SEN
COM, RAV, COM

Start off in the first one. Switch to the second when he wipes buffs and you need to heal up a bit. You may not have much of an opportunity to use the third often, but if you're ever comfortable with your help and you're close to staggering him, it's useful. RAV, MED, COM is probably going to be where most of your damage is dealt. COM, MED, SEN is useful for still throwing out some damage to keep the stagger gauge up while you recover. The last is really only useful when the enemy is already staggered. Cycle through as appropriate.

Failing that, grind. The l'Cieth immediately before the Proudclad are fantastic for grinding as they not only give solid progression on the crystarium but also have drops that sell at a premium which you sell turn in at the nearby save point to purchase items towards upgrading equipment (I had almost fully-upgraded STR+ and MAG+ accessories and multiple second-tier weapons by the time I decided I wanted to move on).

Wolf Kanno
02-12-2011, 06:53 PM
This is my strategy I mentioned in another thread:

If it was Proud Clod, he was the last boss that gave me issues. Go in with a party of Fang, Hope, and Lightning. SEN/SYN/MED. Once Hope has a decent chunk of the buffs up go COM/RAV/RAV. The important paradigm role to have in this fight is SEN/MED/COM. Like Jessweeee mentioned, you don't want to lose the chain so you need to keep a Commando in there to slow down the Chain Break gauge. After that, its just a matter of switching between healing and all out offense, occasionally bringing back you synergist to keep haste up.

I had a hard time at first cause I was using Lightning, Snow, and Vanille and it turns out Saboteur doesn't work on the boss. Throwing in the more powerful Fang and placing Hope who is good at all magic changed the tide of battle for me dramatically.

Having the whole active party go in with sprint shoes is also advisable.

Jiro
02-13-2011, 06:58 AM
I came in here and thought "Damn that Ouch! be trollin'". Then I saw it was the XIII forum.

ScottyRedXIII
02-13-2011, 01:32 PM
worked a treat :) many thanks

Ouch!
02-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I came in here and thought "Damn that Ouch! be trollin'". Then I saw it was the XIII forum.
Wasn't trollin' the OP, just you Jiro.

Hollycat
02-13-2011, 11:55 PM
waitaminute.
proud clod is in 13 also!?!??!
is it the same thing as in 7?

Skyblade
02-14-2011, 05:42 AM
It's called the Proudclad, and it is nowhere near as awesome as the red juggernaut from VII. It's a walking Devastator mech that can switch to a flying form, wiping its chain gauge in doing so, and uses Limiter Removal (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Limiter_Removal) Limiters Deactivated to make itself more powerful.

Shaibana
02-14-2011, 08:55 AM
.. i think i know wich one yr talking about ^^