PDA

View Full Version : Soul of Chaos: designed to destroy your sanity

Tokimadoushi
02-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Did anyone actually complete all these dungeons? I was nearly driven to violent madness from them. Not only were the ridiculously easy monsters horribly disproportional to the bosses at the end (fooling you into believing they'll be easy, only to be killed in two rounds) but the length of the dungeons and the high random encounter rate made it totally unenjoyable for me. The random treasure chest thing was also annoying, as most of the items were substandard anyway.
What are your thoughts on these extra dungeons?

LowCaloriePie
02-13-2011, 03:16 PM
If you play it with a guide, it shouldn't be too bad. I don't remember having a lot of difficulty with it. Although it was the GBA version, so make of that what you will.

VeloZer0
02-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I tried one and found it incredibly lame. I fought through like an hour of imps to finally get to a boss that was way above my level. Needless to say, I never bothered to try it again.

Tokimadoushi
02-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I had a guide, Pie. Actually made it worse, the writer didn't know his easts from his wests!

LowCaloriePie
02-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls/Soul of Chaos (http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_I_%26_II:_Dawn_of_Souls/Soul_of_Chaos)

This was the one I used and it was good enough. There's also the official guide that has more detailed maps and such, but I doubt anyone cares enough about Soul of Chaos to buy a guide.

Hot Shot
02-14-2011, 01:00 AM
I didn't have much of a problem with any of the bosses. It was just boring and repetitive.

Fynn
02-14-2011, 08:00 AM
I actually kind of liked them. Especially the two latter ones - some floors had interesting twists to them.

Hollycat
02-14-2011, 04:43 PM
easy peasy

FFIX Choco Boy
07-02-2011, 10:05 PM
I beat the SoC with a 4 lvl 99 Master setup. It wasn't really that bad - especially being able to destroy any boss in like 3 rounds.