PDA

View Full Version : Would you do it?

Caboose
02-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Imagine you are broke, unemployed, going mad at home (I mean literally insane!), have a good degree in science and are more than capable of producing high purity illegal compounds (drugs mostly).
Would you make them, if it meant you could move out of home, and live comfortably?
Feedback would be very much appreciated. I am very seriously considering doing this.

Iceglow
02-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Considering the criminal justice system in Ireland and the UK would probably give you more time in prison for making and distributing drugs than they would for going out and robbing a bank it's probably not going to be worth it. You have a science degree, a good one so you say I would be more interested in applying to any position worldwide in a pharmeutical company lab somewhere who knows maybe if you apply for those you might even get to move abroad to somewhere interesting. Ofcourse if you fancy spending xx many years in prison if and when you are caught go ahead.

Peegee
02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Please explain to me your plan for acquiring ingredients for narcotics without being caught and I will sign your guild charter.

Until then you will make more money being an intern at an actuary.

Caboose
02-16-2011, 07:06 PM
I have been applying for jobs for 2 years and not so much as a ripple in the proverbial pond. I have an MSc in analytical chemistry and a Degree in Forensics. Because of the forensics, I am not so worried about the justice system here as I know the ins and outs of the system. Not to mention, I have had advanced training in evidence retrieval (so evidence destruction is easy to do). But should I do it for a short term solution?

Agent Proto
02-16-2011, 07:06 PM
I doubt you even have the proper ingredients around to produce the illegal drugs you may be planning to make if you strongly consider doing this. That said, I would have to answer your question with a strong no because of the risks involved. The rewards of doing this isn't great if I don't know the proper people involved with this.

Remon
02-16-2011, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't do it. I would work my ass off as a waiter or something.

Caboose
02-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Please explain to me your plan for acquiring ingredients for narcotics without being caught and I will sign your guild charter.

Until then you will make more money being an intern at an actuary.

All the ingredients required to make Methylenedioxymethamphetamine are readily available by order over the internet and fo order in a number of widely available shops. The only difficult objects to obtain are the glassware needed for synthesis, reflux, cooling, condensing and collection not to mention hot plates and analytical balances but all are easily obtained at a reasonable cost.

Miriel
02-16-2011, 07:26 PM
If it were something like weed, I'd say go for it. But anything else... eh. Too risky.

Caboose
02-16-2011, 07:29 PM
If it were something like weed, I'd say go for it. But anything else... eh. Too risky.
Actually I was considering enhancing cannabis. By synthesising THC which is perfectly legal and adding it to the cannabis, it would enhance the high several fold. But I don't know where I would get the Gallic acid I'd need for synthesis.

Shlup
02-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't condone making anything that could explode on you. I don't really know what it takes to make most drugs though. I know a few people who make their living off growing weed though, so I say go for it.

Peegee
02-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Also I don't is scared of you. So you will not be a menacing enough debt collector.

Bunny
02-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes. It worked for Walter, it can work for you.

Though regardless of the amount of knowledge you have of the system, and the idea that you have to destroy whatever evidence you can to make it impossible for you to track, you will still get caught because you have left a digital footprint with this thread. Congratulations.

theundeadhero
02-16-2011, 09:06 PM
I would join the army. I know this because that is exactly what I did when faced with the situation of being bored at home to the point of going mad without much hope of a good job when it would have been entirely too easy to continue and prosper in the drug subculture.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Synthetically created THC itself is still legal in many areas, so why not make that instead? I'm sure there's some stipulation for selling and making it without a license, but it would almost certainly be less than being caught for operating a meth lab.

There's also the risks of the distribution network and the contacts you make. Anyone you sell it to is a potential risk. None of that says, "Good idea." to me.

Caboose
02-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Synthetically created THC itself is still legal in many areas, so why not make that instead? I'm sure there's some stipulation for selling and making it without a license, but it would almost certainly be less than being caught for operating a meth lab.

There's also the risks of the distribution network and the contacts you make. Anyone you sell it to is a potential risk. None of that says, "Good idea." to me.

Unfortunatley THC on its own won't make you high. It is a combination of various canabinoids in cannabis that crate the High effect!

escobert
02-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes.

Shiny
02-16-2011, 11:28 PM
The risk is too high. There are other jobs you could try to get where there isn't a high risk that you'll be arrested, killed, or stolen from. People give up away too easy in this generation. /old granny

Crop
02-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Possibly the main thing you need to consider is the people you will be selling to, meeting with, and associating with. They are not likely to be friendly folk and I know a few people who have turned out far worse after realizing that the "easy and prosperous" life they chose in making and dealing drugs involves dealing with some pretty mean characters.

It's not as simple as "it'll be a short term solution", it's a hard life to get out of once you're in it. And it is a life, not a hobby or easy source of income.

fire_of_avalon
02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Do it.

Jiro
02-17-2011, 05:48 AM
This is a strange hypothetical. I wouldn't do it because I'm a lameoid, but man if you reckon you can get away with it...

Skyblade
02-17-2011, 06:18 AM
I have been applying for jobs for 2 years and not so much as a ripple in the proverbial pond. I have an MSc in analytical chemistry and a Degree in Forensics. Because of the forensics, I am not so worried about the justice system here as I know the ins and outs of the system. Not to mention, I have had advanced training in evidence retrieval (so evidence destruction is easy to do). But should I do it for a short term solution?

I'm sorry, with your avatar and signature, I am getting all of this in Caboose's voice, and that does not help with your intellectual credibility.

Shlup
02-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Possibly the main thing you need to consider is the people you will be selling to, meeting with, and associating with. They are not likely to be friendly folk and I know a few people who have turned out far worse after realizing that the "easy and prosperous" life they chose in making and dealing drugs involves dealing with some pretty mean characters.

It's not as simple as "it'll be a short term solution", it's a hard life to get out of once you're in it. And it is a life, not a hobby or easy source of income.

I would argue that it depends on the drug, and a dealer can be selective about who they do business with.

In the circles I run in, everyone is very nice. The pot growers, the acid dealers, even the cocaine addicts when they're not completely out of money (then it's best to avoid them).

I guess I shouldn't be encouraging people to dive into drugs, but as long as you're not an idiot about it I don't see a problem with it...

Bunny
02-17-2011, 07:22 PM
That's a very nice circle you have, Shlup.

Shlup
02-17-2011, 08:36 PM
I know right.

Okay, I admit the speed freaks and etards are irritating, but I don't hang out with them anymore anyway.

Basically I'm saying stick to weed.

Peegee
02-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I know right.

Okay, I admit the speed freaks and etards are irritating, but I don't hang out with them anymore anyway.

Basically I'm saying stick to weed.

You're some sort of super accepting super-human :love:

Shlup
02-17-2011, 10:55 PM
As long as they're not Canadian it's all good.

Shattered Dreamer
02-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Nah not a good idea :/

kotora
02-18-2011, 05:05 PM
I would join the army. I know this because that is exactly what I did when faced with the situation of being bored at home to the point of going mad without much hope of a good job when it would have been entirely too easy to continue and prosper in the drug subculture.

lol our army is broke, they're not taking anyone until like 2012 and even then it's probably only in limited numbers.

Peegee
02-18-2011, 05:10 PM
As long as they're not Canadian it's all good.

I'm going to hunt down those oriental speaking relatives of yours. which province are they in and are their surnames the same as your maiden name?

(I'm not going to DUH)

but seriously your matter-of-fact 'duh' responses to moral perils like gay marriage and drugs and stuff is a shocking breath of fresh air

Shlup
02-18-2011, 11:54 PM
My mother's ex-husband's extended family is in no way related to me.

Peegee
02-18-2011, 11:58 PM
I had congee for lunch. n___n

it had chicken in it.
@OP any way you can try to get hired for something legit like pharmacist?

Loony BoB
02-19-2011, 10:05 AM
I'd have to be insane to do that.

But since you're asking if I'd do it if I were going insane, I guess it's possible. I also guess it's possible that I'd cure cancer, piss on the face of a heavyweight boxer and get laid by an 80-year old guy.

I'm kind of hoping that I never go insane.

Psychotic
02-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Imagine you are broke, unemployed, going mad at home (I mean literally insane!), have a good degree in science and are more than capable of producing high purity illegal compounds (drugs mostly).
Would you make them, if it meant you could move out of home, and live comfortably?
Feedback would be very much appreciated. I am very seriously considering doing this.Don't sample your own product. See: Goodfellas.

McLovin'
02-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Alright, first, synthesizing THC is detrimental to your health. You could be completely healthy and have some lab-made weed and in a week you have schizophrenia. But you grow it naturally and everything is fine. Look up k2 if you want to know more.

Second, you could consider making DMT. It's not that hard to make and each batch comes out to be about 130 grams or more. The average dosage anyone requires is merely 50-60 milligrams and they pay like $30 maybe. You do the math. I have a friend who makes a batch every month or so and he's a happy mother fucker.

rubah
02-20-2011, 09:59 PM
If the wealth you'd earn is worth the destroyed lives, well I guess you'd have to!

(it would not be worth it for me, though)

(and if you carefully consider and still think it is worth it, you might be a little sociopathic.)

[edit- For Your Consideration (http://www.darcypadilla.com/thejulieproject/intro.html), an account of how drugs can enter into a person's life, and the consequences that may arise.]

Jentleness
02-20-2011, 10:09 PM
All the ingredients required to make Methylenedioxymethamphetamine are readily available by order over the internet and fo order in a number of widely available shops...

My doctor prescribes me methylphenidate hydrochloride in high doses (60 mg), so I would not need your services. :tongue:

I understand that the economy is bad and that you are highly educated and yet can not find a decent job doing what you spent your time and money to become educated in, but I don't believe that this is the way out. From what I understand creating the drug is highly dangerous and finding a way to dispose of the waste created by processing it isn't easy.

Also, who would be your customers? Do you have people lined up who want what you would be selling? Or are you just going to mass produce and put it out on the street where kids might get a hold of it? Are you able to live with that on your conscience? Is money really worth it?

I am not really worried about whether or not you get caught because if you are caught you will not have to worry about being unemployed or living at home anymore because the government will give you a place to live and I am sure will keep you busy while they house you.

kotora
02-20-2011, 10:11 PM
If the wealth you'd earn is worth the destroyed lives, well I guess you'd have to!

(and if you carefully consider and still think it is worth it, you might be a little sociopathic.)

[edit- For Your Consideration (http://www.darcypadilla.com/thejulieproject/intro.html), an account of how drugs can enter into a person's life, and the consequences that may arise.]

what if he was thinking about opening a perfectly legal liquor store? Would that still be sociopathic? I'm sure there's tons of sob stories to be found on the internet about alcohol addicts.

Shlup
02-20-2011, 10:29 PM

THEY GOT TO YOU.
http://i52.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2ps1rah.png

rubah
02-20-2011, 11:55 PM
perfectly legal implies that it goes along the grain of what is socially acceptable, so no

I know it's hard for you, but you should try not being an ass so much. You'll turn into one and people will start sitting on yoU!

Shlup
02-20-2011, 11:59 PM
You're killing me, rubah. You're trolling, right?

Aerith's Knight
02-21-2011, 12:00 AM
If I were you I would make and sell those drugs, buy a gun, and then shoot yourself.

Then you can apologize to all the ODing kids in person. Yay.

rubah
02-21-2011, 12:45 AM
If you think that meth is on par with weed or alcohol, shlup, you're supremely mistaken!

at least, I think that's what you were going for there. Was it the sociopath thing? or calling kotora an ass. Hmmm, choices!

Shlup
02-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Who's talking about meth?

Madonna
02-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Methylenedioxymethamphetamine
You know, in case you need things broken down in small blocks to digest and comprehend.

Shlup
02-21-2011, 12:56 AM
Methylenedioxymethamphetamine
You know, in case you need things broken down in small blocks to digest and comprehend.

You took the question a little more literally than I intended. I meant to imply that rubah's post gave no indication that she specifically meant meth.

Shiny
02-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Feedback would be very much appreciated. I am very seriously considering doing this.Don't sample your own product. See: Goodfellas.

And Scarface!

Crop
02-21-2011, 01:23 AM

I would argue that it depends on the drug, and a dealer can be selective about who they do business with.

In the circles I run in, everyone is very nice. The pot growers, the acid dealers, even the cocaine addicts when they're not completely out of money (then it's best to avoid them).

I guess I shouldn't be encouraging people to dive into drugs, but as long as you're not an idiot about it I don't see a problem with it...

It sounds like you've had a fairly ok experience with drugs and drug dealers, and all I can say is I'm very glad for you.
I've had first hand experience with users and dealers from Heroin to Weed, and I have not enjoyed any of it, and I am strongly against the use of any illegal drug. I've seen many types ruin lives, from 'soft' to hard.

Shlup
02-21-2011, 01:31 AM
I've seen all types ruin lives too. But I've also seen driving, sex, pizza, surfing, and sunlight ruin lives and I'm not against any of those.

Madonna
02-21-2011, 01:36 AM
Coincidentally, all the things you mention are heavily peddled in sunny California. When were you hired as an advertiser?

Crop
02-21-2011, 01:36 AM
I've seen all types ruin lives too. But I've also seen driving, sex, pizza, surfing, and sunlight ruin lives and I'm not against any of those.

I'd rather my parents did all of those things rather than do heroin, wouldn't you?

Shlup
02-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Coincidentally, all the things you mention are heavily peddled in sunny California. When were you hired as an advertiser?
You mean the whole world isn't like that??

I'd rather my parents did all of those things rather than do heroin, wouldn't you?
Well, yeah, of course. And I'd rather they ate turkey sandwiches than pizza. I'm just saying that being against all use of illegal drugs just because they are illegal drugs is kind of dumb.

rubah
02-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Why wouldn't I have been talking about meth? I thought that cooking methamphetamines was the subject of discourse.

Shlup
02-21-2011, 04:48 AM
The topic is drug dealing in general. Like, any of them.

I agree that cooking meth would be a bad plan. Ew.

rubah
02-21-2011, 11:04 PM
ah, I see now. I missed some posts on the first page. I guess we're agreed then!

Shlup
02-22-2011, 03:45 AM
Good. You scared me for a second.

Mirage
02-22-2011, 04:17 AM
I'd do it if I didn't risk getting caught.

The biggest problem with drugs is that they are illegal, and the "war on drugs" creates more victims than the drugs themselves. Not to mention the social stigma, which prevents them from doing work they would have been perfectly capable of doing even if they smoked a joint in the weekends, shot heroin on friday afternoons, snorted cocain in a strip club on a saturday night.

The illegality keeps the drugs more impure than they have to be, because the production needs to go through more stages to avoid showing up in red flashing letters on the watch lists for purchase of various chemicals. The more stages, the more dirty the drugs get. I would love it if Novartis made my MDMA in their million dollar super high tech labs (if I had used illegal drugs anyway). It also makes dealers sometimes mix other chemicals into whatever they're selling to make bigger profits. Normal amphetamines being mixed with methamphetamine, for example.

Legal drugs that were traceable back to the manufacturer would ensure that you always got the right mix of substances, and the amonts of it you wanted. I firmly believe this would lead to fewer overdoses and fewer health risks. Most of the long term damage dealt to heroin users isn't from the heroin itself, but the health risks associated with needle sharing, impurity, lack of a real place to live, etc.