PDA

View Full Version : [XIII-2] Would you like to see Serah become a fighter in her own right in XIII-2?

SuperMillionaire
02-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Would you like to see Serah become a fighter in her own right in Final Fantasy XIII-2? If so, what would you like her fighting style to be like?

Loony BoB
02-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Simply put... no, not really. She probably will be, though, as a replacement for Vanille.

As for how she would fight, I imagine she would be set up a la Aeris and be a fairly obvious mage edging towards white magic more than black.

Shaibana
02-19-2011, 05:22 PM
serah as a fighter... hmm dnt know about that ^^ and i agree with what Loony Bob says: she wil problably be the healer

woudnt mind it though ^^

Jiro
02-21-2011, 06:48 AM
I don't know much about this XIII-2 business but having Serah as a fighter would probably mess with Snow's character. I mean the only reason he stopped being a wimpy :bou::bou::bou::bou: and fought hard was because of her, or her memory, or something. So no, I'd prefer she reprised her role as useless eye candy.

LunarWeaver
02-21-2011, 03:23 PM
I say go for it. If Hope can yank a boomerang out of his ass, then Serah can whip battle skills out of hers.

DMKA
02-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Yes please. I really wanted her to be a fighter in the first one.

In fact, the only thing I hate more than wimply fainting characters who are heal-centric in battle are wimpy fainting story characters. Serah having a chance at redemption in this department is a nice thought.

Shaibana
02-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Doest the 4th picture in this thread maybe confirm it? by the looks of it it could be Serah :o (though im not even that confinces myself xD)
http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiii/135732-final-fantasy-xiii-2-a.html

Ouch!
02-22-2011, 10:14 PM
That's an image from Final Fantasy Type-0, not Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Roogle
02-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes please. I really wanted her to be a fighter in the first one.

Yes, I felt that Serah should have been a playable character, too. I am interested in seeing if Serah will be a playable character in Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Ouch!
02-23-2011, 04:39 AM
Given that Final Fantasy XIII was already lacking in significant non-playable characters, I thought having Serah outside of combat was a good move. With perhaps the exception of Cid, the non-playable cast was pretty dismal. Serah at least served a function in the plot.

Roogle
02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Given that Final Fantasy XIII was already lacking in significant non-playable characters, I thought having Serah outside of combat was a good move. With perhaps the exception of Cid, the non-playable cast was pretty dismal. Serah at least served a function in the plot.

I know that Serah was originally intended as a playable character at some point in development, actually. I wonder if your point is one of the reasons why they made her a non-playable character instead. Does anyone know what weapon Serah was going to wield?

Shaibana
02-23-2011, 06:20 PM
That's an image from Final Fantasy Type-0, not Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Type-o?

Ouch!
02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Formally titled Final Fantasy Agito-XIII. It's been renamed Final Fantasy Type-0 and the titles Type-1, Type-2, and Type-3 have been copyrighted.

AstonMartin
02-28-2011, 08:57 PM
i sure would pay to see serah as a fighter! she would would probalby be a black mage/white mage kinda thing

Shaibana
03-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Formally titled Final Fantasy Agito-XIII. It's been renamed Final Fantasy Type-0 and the titles Type-1, Type-2, and Type-3 have been copyrighted.

euuuh.. what?:confused:

Loony BoB
03-02-2011, 11:03 PM
It's an upcoming game for the PSP which is in the same 'universe' as the other XIII games. In other words it is completely different from them in every way but the mythology. The gods, the fal'Cie, the l'Cie, the crystals are a common theme in all of the following games which make up the awkwardly titled "Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy".

More information can be found here: Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabula_Nova_Crystallis_Final_Fantasy)

Shaibana
03-03-2011, 06:01 PM
aha ok ^^

SuperMillionaire
06-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Hello everyone; I am pleased to announced that Serah WILL be a playable character in XIII-2. Her weapon will be a shape-shifting sword/crossbow that fires arrows, and she specializes in the same battle roles as Lightning (Commando, Ravager, and Medic).

Serah And Noel Playable In Final Fantasy XIII-2, Moogles Return | Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/06/serah-and-noel-playable-in-final-fantasy-xiii-2/)

Del Murder
06-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks for that breaking news, SuperMillionaire!

Shaibana
06-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Cool!! im really looking forward to this game.. though i havent even finished the first one :(

... i really dont feel like it.. darn u boss-thingy!!:objection:

SuperMillionaire
06-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks for that breaking news, SuperMillionaire!

You're welcome.

This is a picture of Lightning and Serah in XIII-2:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110613165614/finalfantasy/images/thumb/5/55/LightningAndSerah.jpg/271px-LightningAndSerah.jpg

Serah is in the foreground, carrying her sword/bow weapon. I have to say, she looks sexier now, as does Lightning aka Claire.

Loony BoB
06-15-2011, 05:01 PM
So basically they have her replacing Vanille.

Jiro
06-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Eating my words now. Not only does she fight but she is the damn main character. What in god's name

Roogle
06-24-2011, 10:19 PM
I was disappointed to find out that she has a Moogle that transforms into a bow and arrow or a sword based on what she needs at the time. It looks a little too cutesy to be the weapon of a real warrior, and I am disappointed that they had not learned to rid themselves of the overly feminine undertones that people criticized Final Fantasy X-2 for having.

Del Murder
06-24-2011, 11:28 PM
What the hell? Is that really what happens?

TrollHunter
06-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Final Fantasy 13-2 Snow's angels
OnTopic: Serah as a fighter would be pretty awesome. Not as a mage though :\ Something like a tank or a bowman would be the tit.

Roogle
06-28-2011, 12:19 AM
What the hell? Is that really what happens?

Yes, Serah was revealed to use a Moogle as a weapon that transforms into a weapon depending on her role in battle. It was shown turning into a sword and a bow and arrow. I have to admit that I am really disappointed about this. I think that the process of becoming a hero or warrior can be a very good story, but it is ruined to me when an item is too cutesy and convenient like that.

TrollHunter
06-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Holy crap my prediction was completely right. :o
I actually skipped every post just because I wanted to state my opinion. I was a touch too lazy to look at previous posts.

nirojan
06-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Good job OP! never thought it'd actually pan out, but here I am staring down E3-demo footage.

SuperMillionaire
06-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Serah's moogle pet transforms? That's... interesting, to say the least.

I have to say that along with the toughness augment, she also got a sexiness augment. Look at her outfit; it's not as skimpy as Yuna's X-2 outfit or Tifa's classic VII and Crisis Core outfits, but it's still pretty revealing.

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 09:33 PM
But...she's a stick. I guess that's what the Japanese like, though.

TrollHunter
06-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Some people find anorexia attractive.

SuperMillionaire
06-28-2011, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't exactly describe of her appearance as anorexic; she just has a very lean, lithe, and toned physique. If she really was stick thin, I would be seeing bones poking out, which I do not see in this photo (or any of the other screenshots of her), so she is not anorexic. Tifa, Yuna, Rikku, Vanille, and Lebreau all have similar physiques.

TrollHunter
06-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I was kidding, I personally don't find her to be super-skinny i just wanted to say that. I do like the implementing of a bow in this game though, I've always been a bow/sniper freak. I would love it to be a lazer bow like in star ocean 4. :hyper:

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Tifa?

Jiro
06-29-2011, 10:41 AM
If you pretend she had a reasonable sized rack.

Oh god transforming moogle weapon what are they thinking :nonono:

Loony BoB
06-29-2011, 02:11 PM
The more I find out about XIII-2, the less I like it, which is a real shame as I enjoyed XIII. Hopefully I end up enjoying the game anyway. If not, there's always Versus. And then I hear that Versus will have rapping in the battle theme and suddenly I don't even know what's going on anymore.

TrollHunter
06-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Final Fantasy.... It's becoming more confusing than mgs but not for any good reasons.

Del Murder
06-29-2011, 06:19 PM
The more I find out about XIII-2, the less I like it, which is a real shame as I enjoyed XIII. Hopefully I end up enjoying the game anyway. If not, there's always Versus. And then I hear that Versus will have rapping in the battle theme and suddenly I don't even know what's going on anymore.
Same here but, mighty morphin moogle weapons and Serah's uselessness aside, I am excited to try out the tweaks to the battle system and see if they are actual improvements. I did enjoy the battles of FFXIII at first but as the game wore on I fould the lack of control I had over individual actions to be annoying.

nirojan
06-29-2011, 10:33 PM

wait a minute...it's XIII-2 that has the rapping during battle! Where did you read about VERSUS having rap-based battlethemes?

Loony BoB
06-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Oh, someone I was chatting to mentioned it. I asked them which of XIII-2 and Versus they were talking about and they said Versus. I guess they got the games confused somewhere. :S

nirojan
06-30-2011, 04:03 AM
Yeah I guess so. I've stayed on top of VERSUS XIII pretty well and the only gameplay they showcased was that trailer back in January. FFXIII-2 on the hand, had it's rap-induced battles showcased at E3 and raised quite alot of eyebrows during the demo. What is it about 2's that devs feel the need to smurf up the soundtrack. I remember when Prince of Persia: Warrior Within had this s**ty heavy metal track that was soo out of place for the game. Thankfully Two thrones went back to the Sands of Times theme. Hopefully SE lets us customize BGMs for XIII-2.

Loony BoB
06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Hopefully SE lets us customize BGMs for XIII-2.
I would be extremely surprised if they did such a thing. Stunned, almost.

SuperMillionaire
06-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Marvel vs Capcom 2 had a smooth jazz soundtrack.

Anyway, back to the main topic.

Mikain
07-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Same here but, mighty morphin moogle weapons and Serah's uselessness aside, I am excited to try out the tweaks to the battle system and see if they are actual improvements. I did enjoy the battles of FFXIII at first but as the game wore on I fould the lack of control I had over individual actions to be annoying.

Great.... morphin moogles... boomerangs outta asses.... what's next SE, Nukes from..... oh nvm.

TrollHunter
07-19-2011, 06:01 AM

Great.... morphin moogles... boomerangs outta asses.... what's next SE, Nukes from..... oh nvm.

-winks- you know you'd enjoy that.

SuperMillionaire
07-21-2011, 06:04 PM
LOL, Serah's pet moogle is her weapon. Then again, Rinoa teamed up with her dog in Final Fantasy VIII, so...

SuperMillionaire
08-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, it's been a little while, but check this out: I just found this article:

Serah Finds Lightning's Knife, But It's Usually In Her Room | Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/22/serah-finds-lightnings-knife-but-its-usually-in-her-room/)

There are some pictures of Serah in battle, and I have to tell you, this former damsel-in-distress has taken not just one, but multiple levels in toughness and strength! She is very agile in battle, and moves very gracefully; thus, she has become a new lady of war, just like her sister.

Also check out this render of Serah:

She looks serious, judging by the look on her face, and along with taking a level in badass, she also took a level in sexy! Look at her skimpy outfit; I think she could be the new "Ms. Fan-service" of this game, replacing the crystallized Vanille. For some odd reason, I also hope they give her the orgasmic moans that Vanille had in battle in the first game.

Shaibana
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
For some odd reason, I also hope they give her the orgasmic moans that Vanille had in battle in the first game.

.. i just lost all my respect for you

TrollHunter
09-01-2011, 11:30 PM
For some odd reason, I also hope they give her the orgasmic moans that Vanille had in battle in the first game.

.. i just lost all my respect for you

You had respect for him?

Shaibana
09-02-2011, 12:29 PM
its just an average respect to a person that u dont know...but thats gone now

sir helix
09-02-2011, 03:06 PM
what i want know more about is the pet system, according to what iv read, different paradigms allow different monsters to join the battle as bonus party member, (flan for ravager, behemoth for commando) and that you can choose rather to kill or crystallize your foes, making them all shiny apparently add them to your roster, and i haven't seen any characters other than noel and serah, I seriously hope that SE doesn't only have 2 party members in this one, I already ordered the game and really don't wanna be extremely pissed by seeing the same 2 ppl through out the whole game, ffx2 was like that, i enjoyed the game but got so tired of not having some random useless person in my party that would only get me killed (such as messing up caitsiths reels, or wasting your time trying to get Gau to do the right thing......and my favorite.....vanille whos best asset is death)

SuperMillionaire
09-03-2011, 12:33 AM

I don't know why, but I kinda liked those noises...

I still have respect for you, though.

Rodney
09-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Why's the thread title even a question? It was a given she'd be a fighter in this game.

Shaibana
09-03-2011, 11:40 AM

I don't know why, but I kinda liked those noises...

I still have respect for you, though.

I just dont like those sex comments :S

Jiro
09-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Why's the thread title even a question? It was a given she'd be a fighter in this game.

It wasn't when the thread was made! Or possibly it was, I don't know the ending of FFXIII yet!

I don't know if I like Serah's outfit. I preferred her old one that didn't have stupid cut outs to show her...what, her hips?

Shaibana
09-04-2011, 12:59 PM
i still havent finished XIII either -.- im stuck at the last boss, and since it took me an hour and i got killed than i dont feel like going for it another hour :S
im just gonna check youtube sooner or later for the ending.

SuperMillionaire
09-10-2011, 10:09 PM

It wasn't when the thread was made! Or possibly it was, I don't know the ending of FFXIII yet!

I don't know if I like Serah's outfit. I preferred her old one that didn't have stupid cut outs to show her...what, her hips?

No, it's showing the sides of her core, her lower torso, and apparently, her boobs appear to be protruding out more, too.