PDA

View Full Version : Wasted

Shlup
02-19-2011, 09:57 AM
It seems like a lot of people make threads declaring themselves drunk. It doesn't bother me or anything, but I've never "gotten" it.

But then I was thinking... maybe a lot more people are posting while intoxicated without saying it. I mean, I've kinda been posting regularly-ish while under the influence and I type normal and have only admitted to it a couple of times.

So I'm asking if your post history is full of stealth intoxicated posts. Out of curiosity.

Loony BoB
02-19-2011, 10:02 AM
It's pretty rare that I'm drunk, and even rarer that I post while drunk. So I'd probably declare it in some fashion. But mostly I just chat instead of post. The chatroom is far more fun than the forums when you're intoxicated.

Shlup
02-19-2011, 10:07 AM
No way. Last time I tried to go in #eoff while wasted I could not keep up and just stared at it.

Loony BoB
02-19-2011, 10:18 AM
It's been some time since #eoff went so fast I couldn't keep up. xD

Clo
02-19-2011, 11:40 AM
I think I might have declared myself drunk a few times. :confused:

I occassionally post drunk or buzzed without saying anything. I would say the majority of my drunk posting has been unannounced.

Jiro
02-19-2011, 11:58 AM
A couple times I've had a drink or two and could post alright, sometimes I got lazy and didn't fix up some errors.

But last time.. I'm surprised I managed to turn on the computer, put in the right password, find my way to eoff etc etc.

G13
02-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Every time I'm :bou::bou::bou::bou:faced I'll announce it, but by the way I type I'm sure it need not be. I've stealth drunk posted a few times as well but it's more buzzed posting than drunk, and I only ever make a thread if I'm chatting with someone who eggs me on to do it.

I've also fake drunk posted a few times just to have a little fun/act stupid. A few of my drunk threads started out as a mild buzz and grew into full blown drunkenness.

theundeadhero
02-19-2011, 01:12 PM
I've posted buzzed thousands of times but when I'm drunk this place will put me to sleep.

Psychotic
02-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't know, can you tell from my posts that I'm a meth addict?

Rantz
02-19-2011, 01:59 PM
I occassionally post drunk or buzzed without saying anything. I would say the majority of my drunk posting has been unannounced.

That, yeah. I also once posted a thread where people assumed I was :bou::bou::bou::bou:faced but I was really just in a weird mood/bored.

Rase
02-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I try to avoid getting drunk in general, and if I was I doubt I would get on a computer.

Bunny
02-19-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't recall how many times I've openly admitted to being wasted but I do post on the forums while tipsy quite a bit.

escobert
02-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Probably at least half of my posts I've been under some kind of influence. Of course I do smoke pot daily :p

Also I've been drunk tanked like 45987983753 times.

NorthernChaosGod
02-19-2011, 08:17 PM
I've posted while buzzed/drunk at least a few times and not said anything. It's usually kind of slow when that happens though, if there are people on I'll probably say something or make it obvious.

I don't recall how many times I've openly admitted to being wasted but I do post on the forums while tipsy quite a bit.

Didn't you get on people's cases for getting on EoFF while drunk? :mad2:

Bunny
02-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Didn't you get on people's cases for getting on EoFF while drunk?

Probably. Do you still make the mistake of taking anything I say seriously?

NorthernChaosGod
02-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Yes, I look up to you. :(

Bunny
02-19-2011, 10:48 PM
We all make mistakes.

Shoeberto
02-19-2011, 10:50 PM
This topic is very amusing to me.

Leeza
02-19-2011, 11:20 PM
I have posted many many times while having a beer or a glass of wine or two. Stealthly intoxicated? Maybe once or twice from what I remember but it's nothing that I feel that I should inform anyone about while doing it ... and I still type normally.

Hollycat
02-20-2011, 12:00 AM
for all you drinkers, I'm the guy you want to take you drinking, I literally cannot get drunk, my body rejects the alchohol, so I am always the DD (no reference to noded emu)

Shlup
02-20-2011, 12:25 AM
I was pretty intoxicated when I made this thread. I am not feeling very curious today.

To answer my own question, I think pretty much the only times I've outed myself as posting under the influence has been after I've sobered up.

Rye
02-20-2011, 12:34 AM
When I still lived in the UK, most of the time I posted on the forum, I was buzzed. XD

kotora
02-20-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm usually not at home when I drink and if I do get home drunk then posting on EoFF is the last thing I feel like doing.

Hollycat
02-20-2011, 01:04 AM
what does it feel like to be drunk? or even tipsy?

Bunny
02-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Stand up and spin around in a circle a few dozen times or until you find it hard to stand up or are vomiting everywhere. After you've done this, sit down anywhere and begin giggling to yourself or waving your hand in front of your face as fast as you can.

Hollycat
02-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Stand up and spin around in a circle a few dozen times or until you find it hard to stand up or are vomiting everywhere. After you've done this, sit down anywhere and begin giggling to yourself or waving your hand in front of your face as fast as you can.

I do this kind of thing all the time, I don't even get dizzy any more, in fact, I could easily be an ice skater

fire_of_avalon
02-20-2011, 03:24 AM
No, I'm usually not near my computer when I'm super drunk.

Shiny
02-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Some of the best instant message convos or phone calls I've had with EoFFers is when they were drunk as hell. S'why I love funny drunk people. :love:

Wolf Kanno
02-20-2011, 07:44 AM
I never drink to the point of being wasted, and since I have a high tolerance for alcohol, having a few doesn't get me buzzed so I'm rarely that (alcohol is expensive, I can't afford enough to be drunk). On the other hand, its not uncommon for me to be drinking while I post so it's usually safe to assume I'm drinking while I'm posting and that does include the middle of the day as well. There's a reason I deserve my avatar.

escobert
02-20-2011, 03:28 PM
I think I'm still drunk from last night :/

Baloki
02-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I some post once while forum browse comment. You know what you, I have at ye!

NorthernChaosGod
02-21-2011, 01:38 AM
I totally thought of this thread when I got home last night because I got absolutely trashed. I was going to post but it was 6 AM.

Hollycat
02-21-2011, 01:42 AM
I WANNA GET DRUNK

DMKA
02-21-2011, 03:54 PM
I think it's the same reason people can't shut up about being drunk IRL or tell stories about stupid things they did while drunk and are like, all proud of it. This used to get on my nerves until I became a fairly normal drinker and then I found it entertaining.

I used to drunk post but not anymore because the last time I did I ended up banned. I was drunk a lot around that time, and I think Roto posted something I disagreed with and I went all ape:bou::bou::bou::bou:, as I've been known to do while wasted. Which is why I don't really drink anymore aside of on outings/special occassions where everyone else is drinking.

Of course one could ask why people do all sorts of the stupid stuff they do while drunk? Because they're drunk, is really the best answer.

Iceglow
02-21-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm not one to normally point out I'm drunk with a thread but I will post and be noticeably drunk when doing so (typos, sometimes a response of "fuck it I'm drunk" towards someone querying my spelling mistakes ect) Though frankly when there are people like Paul over mine the posts are nearly always drunk and it's hard to tell regardless of whose account it is posting who is actually posting it me or Paul or Quin...because it was funny as hell with the 2 of them over for my 25th we gotta do that again some time soon :D

Peegee
02-21-2011, 05:10 PM
It took so long to drag my well-past-the-limit friend to the subway station that I was sobering up

So within 40 minutes I went from a laughing nimrod to being jealous that I wasn't as drunk as everybody else, because the antics slowly moved from 'hilarity' to 'I want to get drunk shut up'

IOW I think when people are upset at the behaviours of drunks it means they aren't drunk enough (or high enough, w/e)