PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken for a Chick

Laddy
02-20-2011, 03:47 AM
Have you ever been confused for the other sex?

On the internet I get it quite a bit, and that's perfectly valid.

However, in real life, it's only been a couple times. Once was when I Glammed up for a concert, and once when I was a young kid with long hair. xD

Clo
02-20-2011, 03:51 AM
Sometimes people think I'm a girl.

fire_of_avalon
02-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Nope.

Unbreakable Will
02-20-2011, 04:01 AM
When I was about 2 or 3 I had really long curly blonde hair and got mistaken for a girl alot. :mad:

G13
02-20-2011, 04:12 AM
I used to have long, long hair and was a pretty skinny fella. One time me and my gf at the time were walking through the mall and I stopped to give her a quick kiss when all of the sudden I hear some dumb:bou::bou::bou::bou: kid shout "Hey check it out, two hot lesbians!" I turn around to look for these supposed lesbians and see him staring at me, wide eyed. All his friends begin laughing and making fun of him and he's just sitting there with a horrified look on his face.

I couldn't help but laugh. I had long hair, honest mistake, but I don't understand how he couldn't have seen my full beard from where he was standing. :p

Vermachtnis
02-20-2011, 04:23 AM
Nope, I've never been mistaken for a girl. On or offline. At least as far as I know.

Unbreakable Will
02-20-2011, 04:26 AM
Nope, I've never been mistaken for a girl. On or offline. At least as far as I know.
Y...your not a girl? :eek:

Agent Proto
02-20-2011, 04:30 AM
I don't believe I've been mistaken for a girl in person. However, it did happen before online, and right here on EoFF. Back when I was using a girl avatar, I was mistaken for a girl. :p That was rather amusing.

Jentleness
02-20-2011, 04:42 AM
Once

Bunny
02-20-2011, 07:24 AM
People think I'm a girl online for some reason.

Wolf Kanno
02-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Once, my friend bought this awesome female trenchcoat and brought it to school. We we're checking it out and since her and I are about the same height, I jokingly put it on in which ended up annoying her a bit cause I looked better in the coat than she felt she did.

I ended up keeping it on and went outside to get some fresh air cause it was frozen and a friend of mine saw me from behind and was apparently thinking some nasty thoughts cause he came out to check me out only to be completely horrified when he found out it was me. Apparently I walk like a chick.

This and many other instances have convinced my friends that I am secretly gay and just waiting for the most fabulous moment to reveal it.

Shlup
02-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Seems like EoFFers used to think me a male more often than not, but for the last three or so years it's been very rare.

Never in real life.

Yeargdribble
02-20-2011, 11:25 AM
I used to have long, pretty, spiral curls. Its just the way my hair was naturally... like Hurley from Lost. It used to be most of the way down my back and I would often get mistaken as a woman from behind.

I guess it's because most guys who grow their hair long don't know how to take care of it and either never brush it or keep it in a greasy ponytail.

Thing is, once I turned around I either had a 8" spiked goatee or a full on beard. It always threw people for a loop.

Mirage
02-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Three different sales clerks have mistaken the picture on my debit card to be of a girl in the past year. This picture is however also 8 years old.

Mainly because I had long hair and no facial hair, while I now have medium hair and both a moustache and a beard.

On the internet, all the time. Partially because I'm often being ambiguous.

Once, my friend bought this awesome female trenchcoat and brought it to school. We we're checking it out and since her and I are about the same height, I jokingly put it on in which ended up annoying her a bit cause I looked better in the coat than she felt she did.

I ended up keeping it on and went outside to get some fresh air cause it was frozen and a friend of mine saw me from behind and was apparently thinking some nasty thoughts cause he came out to check me out only to be completely horrified when he found out it was me. Apparently I walk like a chick.

This and many other instances have convinced my friends that I am secretly gay and just waiting for the most fabulous moment to reveal it.

Sounds like wishful thinking!

Jiro
02-20-2011, 12:46 PM
This happens to me so often that I barely even rate it any more. As a youngin' it happened a lot because, like a lot of other people, I had curly blonde hair. And then long blonde hair. I looked like a girl until I was about 9.

Now people just judge me on my name.

Loony BoB
02-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Nah. I guess I'm just too damned rugged.

Remon
02-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Nah I'm too manry to be confused for a chick

Psychotic
02-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Depends if I'm wearing my LBD or not.

Jiro
02-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Pix plz

Levian
02-20-2011, 05:32 PM
On Monday I didn't have to pay for the bus, so I bought a brownie for the money I saved. I could've easily been mistaken for a chick in that moment.

Iceglow
02-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Actually when I come to think of it there was this one night out with Paul where he got so decidedly pissed he was trying to cuddle up to me and calling me babe. I'm not sure if he mistook me for a girl or if the alcohol was just bringing out his latent homosexuality.

In all seriousness, in person no. I don't believe I've ever been mistaken for a girl. When I was younger and had shoulder length hair I went out from a party to meet some friends and due to the heavy rainstorm going on I borrowed a friends leather trench coat. I got told by some chavs on the way up to the station where I was meeting these people that I reminded them of "that dude in the Underworld advert" I laughed myself silly at that and replied "I wish mate, Underworld? That's Kate Beckinsdale!" to which they were like "oh ok...thought it was a dude" idiot chavs.

Online I suppose it has happened on a few occasions. Mostly when I was interacting with players of the online game I worked on for several years. Those who didn't know me as a player or developer often initially thought I was female because of the fact that my main character was a female lesbian dark elf. One of the girls who played the game even thought I was a girl until she spent a few minutes talking to me away from the game world. (It had serious RP and staying in character rules going on O.O.C. chat wasn't exactly forbidden if kept to a minimum but it was highly frowned upon in the in game chat client) I spent most of my time interacting with people in game and so people figured since I actually managed to portray my character well I was female and lesbian in real life. I didn't really help myself when later as the main server had to go down for almost a year and a half to fix a problem in the "temporary" server I ended up role playing a female human called Guinevere, she was an experiment for me seeing if I could do a certain type of character a character who was naive and innocent at first making choices and leanings what were based entirely on experiences she had in game. I basically created a character who had little or no back story other than she was the daughter of a noble who was away from her home town when the war swept over it leaving her alone in the world. She eventually ended up being one of the toughest warriors of her people and led them in to battle with an elven warrior named Raffallos. In the course of the story (Raff being a friend of mine in the game community) we carved out for ourselves Raff and Guin even had a love affair. Like I said, I didn't help myself none with that but once people got to know me they saw the hillarity of me and Raff playing this story because we'd sit there in group discussions working out the next part of the story and we'd be like "eww this is so homoerotic!"

theundeadhero
02-20-2011, 08:41 PM
As a teenager I was really skinny and had long blond hair so I'm sure it happened more than once. Now, it's not gonna happen.

Hollycat
02-21-2011, 12:10 AM

this

escobert
02-21-2011, 12:11 AM
No.

Hollycat
02-21-2011, 12:14 AM

this

I used to get confused for a girl a lot because of my unique eyes that have been described as "too innocent to be a guys" (until I started wearing colored contacts) and I used to have long hair and be skinny
Not since I hit puberty, and started growing a beard.

Jentleness
02-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Nah I'm too manry to be confused for a chick

manry? really?

Hollycat
02-21-2011, 12:41 AM
rearry

Madonna
02-21-2011, 12:51 AM
http://i51.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/sopvdg.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
02-21-2011, 01:41 AM
I used to have really long hair and an ex of mine used to make fun of me by saying I looked like a girl. I think she was just being a bitch though.

The closest thing to being mistaken for a girl was being told I had better legs than my girlfriend when I put on her pants. :|

Hollycat
02-21-2011, 01:44 AM
HOLY :bou::bou::bou::bou:!
I was just on Rika (Neisho's) facebook because she said something to me...

SHES HAVING A SEX CHANGE OPERATION

I need to go hide now
Edit: I need to correct that, I misread her messege, shes changing what sex she is interested in

NorthernChaosGod
02-21-2011, 03:45 AM
Read slower, you might want to try that from now on.

Bunny
02-21-2011, 03:47 AM
The closest thing to being mistaken for a girl was being told I had better legs than my girlfriend when I put on her pants.

That's one of my biggest complaints about the look and feel of RealDolls™.

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Once in middle school.

Unbreakable Will
02-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Once in middle school.
Hold on now... :shifty:

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2011, 05:55 AM
Once in middle school.

Once in middle school.

I hope that clears up any confusion!

Tai-Ti
02-21-2011, 07:32 AM
although I can very easily pull off looking like a dude, I don't tend to wear guys clothes, so it's unlikely I'll get mistaken for one. I've been toying with the idea of seeing if I can dress the part and convince someone I'm male, just for shiz n gigz.

Iceglow
02-21-2011, 01:33 PM
although I can very easily pull off looking like a dude, I don't tend to wear guys clothes, so it's unlikely I'll get mistaken for one. I've been toying with the idea of seeing if I can dress the part and convince someone I'm male, just for shiz n gigz.

Boobs might prove to be a problem here. Seriously guys tend to notice these things.

Unbreakable Will
02-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Once in middle school.

Once in middle school.

I hope that clears up any confusion!
Haha thats what I get for not paying closer attention :p

fire_of_avalon
02-22-2011, 01:40 AM
Wait, if online counts, everyone used to think I was a boy. foa's not a little boy!

Jiro
02-22-2011, 04:53 AM
It's because you ooze masculinity the likes of which none of us could hope to obtain.

Bunny
02-22-2011, 05:16 AM

Boobs might prove to be a problem here. Seriously guys tend to notice these things.

There are ways in which a girl can hide the appearance of boobs.

NorthernChaosGod
02-22-2011, 05:32 AM

Maybe they're really big?

Yar
02-22-2011, 05:36 AM
only at a bk drive thru

Bunny
02-22-2011, 05:51 AM

Even those.

Pheesh
02-22-2011, 07:18 AM
I think back when I had my awesome pink sig I heard a few people thought I was a chick. Offline I used to get teased for having long hair but no one actually ever thought I was a girl.

NorthernChaosGod
02-22-2011, 07:38 AM

Even those.
How big are we talking here?

Iceglow
02-22-2011, 10:44 AM
ah shouldn't that question be indicated towards Tai-ti not Bunny? In all seriousness I doubt he has much experience with boobs unless Bunny is secretly just an uber butch lesbian.

Jiro
02-22-2011, 11:32 AM
You just like, bandage them flat or something, right? I dunno, read it in a book once. Obviously there's a point where you're just not going to be able to hide them any more.

Hollycat
02-22-2011, 03:16 PM

Even those.
How big are we talking here?

pics or it didn't happen.

Really this is getting very funny

Depression Moon
02-22-2011, 09:15 PM
I thought you was a chick.