PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears coming to PSN this week

Wolf Kanno
02-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Booya! One of my favorite games of all time is getting released on PSN which means I can get me some Xenogears on the go. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new Memory stick for the PSP.

Still, it's XENOGEARS!!!!! :plumcheer:

ZeroFusion
02-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Great! Any information if this is US-only release or if Europe can join the fun? I want to buy Xenogears in a legit way and don't want to have to pirate it. Or I guess I should go get a Visa card instead of my current Visa Electron, which US Store doesn't accept.

Wolf Kanno
02-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Forgot to post the link, but it looks like its U.S. for now. (http://www.gamingunion.net/news/xenogears-comes-to-north-american-psn-this-week--4082.html)

Fynn
02-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Hope Europe gets this along with Chrono Cross as well. We always get left out ;(

VeloZer0
02-21-2011, 12:59 PM
If it makes you feel better you had FF9 months before the US did.

On the plus side you can just create a separate US PSN account. Wish I had known that earlier.

In relation to this thread. Finally! I was just thinking about how long it was since I played Xenogears last.

Flying Arrow
02-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Totally getting this tomorrow or the day after. I've been playing some 3D Dot Game Heroes recently which has reminded me how much I miss old-school RPG/adventure game design.

kotora
02-23-2011, 02:53 PM
You can just make a US PSN account and pay with them prepaid cards you can find on internet stores.

it's pretty retarded how we still have to go through this nonsense in this era of globalization and worldwide interwebs

Fynn
02-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Oh well, I'm patient, I guess. And I'm not trying to be mean, but we got Vagrant Story on PSN first! Nye nye! :D

Wolf Kanno
02-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Just picked it up with Front Mission 3. Now I just need Einhander and Saga Frontier 2 and I'll have all the Square games from the PS1 era that I like in one form or another. :cool:

Flying Arrow
02-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Playing this in some of my spare time. Totally re-into it. Confession-time: I've never finished it before. This will likely be my first complete playthrough.

Can't wait for more of those announced Squaresoft games to hit the PS Store. Wolf, now that you've mentioned Saga 2 I'm hoping for a new set of announcements that include it. Maybe Parasite Eve, Chrono Cross, SaGa Frontier 2, and Einhander? :eek:

VeloZer0
02-26-2011, 12:51 AM
I completely forgot how primitive all the UI for this game is :D Hopefully this weekend I have the time to actually get somewhere.

Flying Arrow
02-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Completely embarrassed, but I need some help and the rest of the internet just isn't cutting it. Potential spoilers ahead.

I am in the Recapturing Aveh sequence, taking Fei up the platforms to fight Elly and her troop. I smurfing foolishly killed the repair bot at the save point just before the fight and then went ahead and saved, thinking I could handle it because I'm a big boy now. Well, I can't. I've got 1200 fuel/3000 HP with two deathblows (TT and TS). My armour is, I believe, still 7.5. My current equipment is Extra Ar+2 x2 and Magnetic Coat (don't have the Beam Coat on me).

Since leveling up doesn't have an effect on Gears, how in the hell am I supposed to make myself more powerful for this fight? Is there any way I can learn some deathblows here just so I can eke out a victory with some extra muscle? Have I outright smurfed myself over?

Thanks in advance.

Wolf Kanno
02-28-2011, 04:09 AM
Did you pick up one of the HP restore accessories for the Gears? You should have a 10% and 30% available at this point. If you equip one of those, you should be fine, just be careful not to lose track of fuel consumption.

If not... well you're going to have problems. Especially when you face the heavier hitters in Elly's unit, not to mention Elly herself who is actually pretty damn mean for this fight. At this point, I recommend activating Booster as soon as the battles start and try to blitz your way through. Ignore fuel until you get to the Elly fight, part of it is scripted so you may have a few rounds to charge before she unleashes her Aerods (which will smurf you up if you have low HP).

If that doesn't work... you may have to restart. :(

Flying Arrow
02-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Nope. Nothing. I went in with no healing units or healing accessories. Thinking back, I have no idea why I saved after I fought the fixbot (although the fight was still an accident) knowing there'd be a tough boss after.

Basically, I was able to take out the first two guys losing minimal health, boosting the entire time. Then, boosting again, I'd take out the Swordknight and Clawknight and Charge back to 1200 since the Aegisknight does minimal damage. Going into fight Elly (I'm so glad skippable cutscenes are the standard these days) with full fuel and about 1700-1800 HP. No matter how I played it, I'd run out of fuel before I could do enough damage to win (2000+) even if she got lenient with her aerods.

Yeah. I re-started. Thanks for the help, though. Much appreciated.

Dignified Pauper
04-21-2011, 06:25 PM
So I just restarted this game this morning. I haven't ever played more than about six hours into it. I'm hoping that I can actually finish through the game. Wish me luck peeps!

Wolf Kanno
04-28-2011, 05:16 AM
Good luck and I'll help you if I can if you get stuck. ;)