PDA

View Full Version : questions for FF2 NES fightint system

Daralyn
02-21-2011, 08:23 PM
i have some questions for fighting system so if someone can respond i will be grateful

1.) i CAN'T change party order... only find out that i can pull some character one square behind. how i can change order? im just started game and only heading to Phin but maria in middle from those 3 char received massive DMG. - in FF1 game i was possible to change characters and characters in lower section was less likely attacked (generaly mages)

2.) MAGIC - i give Maria Cure spell which occpupies her "ITEM" slot - how can i teach her that spell permanently?, and can all characters have more spells or not?

3.) Fighting - when i'm fighting against more monsters...generaly 5 or 6 (didn't notice more in one fight at beginning of game) i CAN'T attack those most behind

for Example:

X - is one type of monster
O - is second type (with poison)
P - is my party
---- - is empty space betweeen my party and monsters

OXX ------------- P
OXX ------------- P
---- ------------- P

in this fight i CANT attack monsters "O" in furthest row untill i kill at least both monsters "X" ir closest row...even when i want to take care of more annoing or dangerous monsters first - it is normal?

but instead of that i CAN attack my own party (and was pissed off because i killed Maria by accident by one hit and bash Guy for 15 HP in one round... then need to load game and lost 15 minutes of gameing until realized that SAVE SAVE SAVE is key to victory) - it is also normal?

thanks for your responds

Wolf Kanno
02-22-2011, 07:32 AM
i have some questions for fighting system so if someone can respond i will be grateful

1.) i CAN'T change party order... only find out that i can pull some character one square behind. how i can change order? im just started game and only heading to Phin but maria in middle from those 3 char received massive DMG. - in FF1 game i was possible to change characters and characters in lower section was less likely attacked (generaly mages)

Sadly you cannot change party order in this game. On the brightside, it doesn't look like the party order works the same as it did in FFI but it's possible I just never noticed. When you move the character back on the menu screen, it means they will be in the back row in battle which will help minimize damage. This game first introduced the "back row" to the series.

2.) MAGIC - i give Maria Cure spell which occpupies her "ITEM" slot - how can i teach her that spell permanently?, and can all characters have more spells or not? Go to item menu and just use the spell as if it were a normal item like a potion to teach the spell to the character. You can purchase more spells in magic shops and you have free reign to give the spells to anyone you want though you are limited to a certain number so it is impossible to teach a character every spell. The best bet is to just make one character a White mage and another a Black mage, then focus on building the appropriate stats or you can teach everyone the basic essential white magic and then upload them on more useful black magic spells.

3.) Fighting - when i'm fighting against more monsters...generaly 5 or 6 (didn't notice more in one fight at beginning of game) i CAN'T attack those most behind

for Example:

X - is one type of monster
O - is second type (with poison)
P - is my party
---- - is empty space betweeen my party and monsters

OXX ------------- P
OXX ------------- P
---- ------------- P

in this fight i CANT attack monsters "O" in furthest row untill i kill at least both monsters "X" ir closest row...even when i want to take care of more annoing or dangerous monsters first - it is normal?

This is completely normal so don't worry, these enemies are too far away to be hit by conventional weapons. Bows I believe do have the ability to strike any row but magic is the safest bet.

but instead of that i CAN attack my own party (and was pissed off because i killed Maria by accident by one hit and bash Guy for 15 HP in one round... then need to load game and lost 15 minutes of gameing until realized that SAVE SAVE SAVE is key to victory) - it is also normal?

Saving all the time is pretty normal for the older school RPGs, these games can be brutal so don't get discouraged.

Actually, attacking your own party is also pretty normal for this game cause of the way the leveling system works. Its based on how much you use your abilites and take damage but the programmers failed to distinguish between friend and foe, so it's possible to get huge stat bonuses by killing all but one weak enemy and then have your party beat the crap out of each other. It's tedious, but it does make itself out as a quick way to make the game more easy and manageable.

Daralyn
02-22-2011, 02:14 PM
thanks a lot man

i just finished FF1 nad went to second part

I'm maybe weird but... i want to complete all (books...games..series) in order

so i will never play FF8 until completed previous parts for example - so don't worry - i WILL complete it but..
need some advices first because - it is far more different that first part - more than it seems by graphic

anyway thanks for your help

Yar
02-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Unless you are playing the NES version, their order does not matter.

If you are playing the NES version, there is a bug in which the characters in slots 2 and 3 (Maria and Guy) are more likely to be hit. And if Maria is in the back row, Guy is even more likely to be hit.

rubah
02-23-2011, 03:42 AM
That may be intentional, so that the big brawny muscle man has higher HP as a result of being hit more often.

(btw, the more often you lose HP, the more your hp levels up in this game)