PDA

View Full Version : shud marawana be legalized

Shoeberto
02-22-2011, 11:34 PM
I mean, really, shud it?

Shlup
02-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Do we really need a whole thread of people just saying "yes"?

escobert
02-22-2011, 11:39 PM
yes
yes

Levian
02-22-2011, 11:39 PM

Don't worry, the cast of EoEO will say No, if only for the sake of keeping an argument going for 3 more pages.

Shoeberto
02-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Can it, you jive-ass turkey! You just don't want to have anyone asking the HARD questions!

cuz you know how hard I am after last night :jokey:

edit: that was directed at jive-ass turkey shlup, not any of you other turkeys.

escobert
02-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Stu, I think you've smoked yourself retarded :bigsmile:

Shoeberto
02-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Stu, I think you've smoked yourself retarded :bigsmile:
It is humorous to me to be able to appear high while just being my normal weird self.

Except for when I think about who might be reading and misconstruing it in the future. Hello, Future Employer Performing Background Check! Oh lawd.

Guess it can't be too much worse than them finding my bromance prayer.

Bunny
02-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Jesus was a stoner.

NorthernChaosGod
02-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Jesus was a stoner.

And then they crucified him.

Shiny
02-23-2011, 01:42 AM
i think dat when it does get leegal it will.

Mirage
02-23-2011, 01:46 AM
Yes, but not just marijuana. I want legal access to nice stims too.

Laddy
02-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Sure.

G13
02-23-2011, 01:59 AM
What's the point in legalizing it? Are there really people out there just waiting for the green light to start smoking?

But yeah sure, whatever.

Laddy
02-23-2011, 02:09 AM
I do wish people would stop acting like it's more important than say, same-sex marriage, but I still think it should be legal. But I'm not going to act like it's some unalienable right everyone is entitled to.

Shlup
02-23-2011, 02:15 AM
What's the point in legalizing it? Are there really people out there just waiting for the green light to start smoking?

But yeah sure, whatever.

Firstly, yes, there are. Secondly, there are a whole lot more people just waiting for the green light to not be arrested over something so ridiculous.

Clo
02-23-2011, 02:27 AM
Legalize it, buy it for me.

Fun times.

Commence.

Unbreakable Will
02-23-2011, 02:31 AM
Yup

Jentleness
02-23-2011, 02:40 AM
Apparently, Californian's every where decided the answer to that question was no. However, I believe this is because the potheads all got high the night before, passed out and forgot to go to the polls.

The purpose of legalizing marajuana was to create a new source of taxable income for the state. Which I believe to mean is that the guy on the street would still be selling his "illegal" pot, but now he will be charged with tax evasion instead of possession to sell. :p

Yar
02-23-2011, 02:40 AM
I do wish people would stop acting like it's more important than say, same-sex marriage, but I still think it should be legal. But I'm not going to act like it's some unalienable right everyone is entitled to.

If you're a heterosexual cannabis consumer I don't see why it couldn't be more important.

NorthernChaosGod
02-23-2011, 02:42 AM

But yeah sure, whatever.

Firstly, yes, there are. Secondly, there are a whole lot more people just waiting for the green light to not be arrested over something so ridiculous.
I really believe the people that want to smoke are going to smoke it anyway. Who the hell actually gets caught for smoking? o_O

Unbreakable Will
02-23-2011, 02:44 AM

But yeah sure, whatever.

I really believe the people that want to smoke are going to smoke it anyway. Who the hell actually gets caught for smoking? o_O
Unlucky bastards. :p

Shlup
02-23-2011, 02:47 AM
I really believe the people that want to smoke are going to smoke it anyway.
You're telling me you don't think it's at all likely that there are people out there who would like to try it but just don't want to break the law?

Because you would be wrong.

Who the hell actually gets caught for smoking? o_O
Too many people.

Seriously, do you not go outside? Do you have more than five friends? Neither of these things are all that rare.

Mirage
02-23-2011, 02:51 AM

It should be an unalienable right to be able to put something you grew in your mouth, especially when no one has ever died from doing so.

NorthernChaosGod
02-23-2011, 02:54 AM
You're telling me you don't think it's at all likely that there are people out there who would like to try it but just don't want to break the law?

Not a significant number, no. Especially not for something so many people view as a silly law. I can't even imagine the rationale behind "I want to smoke, but I can't because it's illegal."

Too many people.

Seriously, do you not go outside? Do you have more than five friends? Neither of these things are all that rare.
To answer both of you, I don't usually associate with retards, so that might be part of it. It's really quite easy to smoke and not get caught. Or I know a bunch of criminal masterminds.

That and it's ridiculously easy to get a card these days.

McLovin'
02-23-2011, 03:03 AM
Everyone has a medical card in California. Reason people were iffy on Prop 19 was because it wasn't clear on many points such as what would happen to medical patients.

And with a medical card it IS legal...and going to the marijuana store is always wonderful! Always free stuff! :jess:

Hollycat
02-23-2011, 03:09 AM
meth is better

Shlup
02-23-2011, 03:10 AM

Not a significant number, no. Especially not for something so many people view as a silly law. I can't even imagine the rationale behind "I want to smoke, but I can't because it's illegal."
I assure you that the number of people who don't smoke because their employers test is significant. The number of people who simply don't break the law, admittedly, is probably pretty small, but they exist.

Too many people.

To answer both of you, I don't usually associate with retards, so that might be part of it. It's really quite easy to smoke and not get caught. Or I know a bunch of criminal masterminds.

Not everyone lives in a place that offers cards.

Admittedly, I only know one person who has been arrested for possession. He was searched because campus police asked him for ID, and he didn't have any 'cause he's a Mexican illegal. Now he's been deported and took one of my best friends with him. Boo.

Still, it's something that shouldn't happen. "Not many people get caught" isn't much of an argument against legalizing marijuana.

NorthernChaosGod
02-23-2011, 03:15 AM
I wasn't arguing against legalization, just that getting caught for it is ridiculous.

Are there actually employers that do regular drug screenings? o_O

G13
02-23-2011, 03:18 AM

But yeah sure, whatever.

My point is that the people who really want to don't care that it isn't legalized. I understand that there are people who have thought about it but haven't done it because it's illegal, but I have a hard time believing that they lay awake at night praying that the next day holds good news for their marijuana desires.

Edit:
Are there actually employers that do regular drug screenings?

Yes, there are.

Yar
02-23-2011, 03:26 AM
I wasn't arguing against legalization, just that getting caught for it is ridiculous.

Are there actually employers that do regular drug screenings? o_OWe can't all be sexy lifeguards.

My internship requires drug testing. Internship!! I even tell my bosses about the excessive drinking I do but pot is a no-no.

rubah
02-23-2011, 03:27 AM

But yeah sure, whatever.

*raises hand sorta*

It'd be nice to have the option!

NorthernChaosGod
02-23-2011, 03:42 AM
We can't all be sexy lifeguards.

My internship requires drug testing. Internship!! I even tell my bosses about the excessive drinking I do but pot is a no-no.

I've been drug tested for every job I've held, but never after the initial offer. How often are you tested?

Yar
02-23-2011, 03:47 AM
It's random so I don't know and in theory I have to stay clean because it could happen "whenever", but my boss has said that if I ever start appearing to be druggie they will ask me to go get tested anyway.

theundeadhero
02-23-2011, 07:38 AM
I get random drug tests and I hate it. I wanna get hiiiiiiiiiiiigh. By random I mean I've had one every day for three days straight before and I've also gone a full year without a drug test before.

Rantz
02-23-2011, 07:52 AM

It should be an unalienable right to be able to put something you grew in your mouth, especially when no one has ever died from doing so.

Are you promoting autofellatio?

Jiro
02-23-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't care, really. Not my deal, not interested. But it's not like it deters many people anyway so legalise it and enjoy your economic boom

kotora
02-23-2011, 12:35 PM

Are you promoting autofellatio?

goddamnit you beat me to it

Mirage
02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh, I'm promoting both.

Yeargdribble
02-23-2011, 05:07 PM

Don't worry, the cast of EoEO will say No, if only for the sake of keeping an argument going for 3 more pages.

I resent that. I'm not contentious for the sake of being argumentative.... usually :tongue: But seriously, the answer is a giant yes for me.

But yeah sure, whatever.

I'll confirm that I'm in the crowd that's waiting for legalization. I would probably enjoy the effects of weed on occasion just like I do with alcohol... but not if I have to risk my job and my freedom for it.

I don't know where to acquire any if I did want some. My mom does, but she doesn't want to risk trafficking it across the state to visit me with it. It's actually pretty ironic considering the school where I work, but I can't exactly ask my students where their source is and keep my job.

As for who gets caught... ummm... the ridiculous percentage of people rotting in jail for possession charges.

I can't even imagine the rationale behind "I want to smoke, but I can't because it's illegal."

How about the logic behind, "I don't want to potentially lose my job and have a drug conviction on my record ensuring that I'll never have another job in my field." You may think it's only a small risk, but any risk is too much for completely losing your livelihood (at least to me personally).

Are there actually employers that do regular drug screenings? o_O

Quite a few actually. I've worked jobs that had random screenings and my cousin, who is an abysmally idiotic pothead, has gotten fired more times than I can count because of said screenings in various lines of work.

Psychotic
02-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Based on the identities of the people who have said "yes" in this thread, I would like to say "no", and furthermore, I would like the penalty to be increased to death.

Loony BoB
02-23-2011, 07:43 PM
No, because it stinks. While we're at it, illegalise the breakdown of sewage pipes and most certainly illegalise whatever it is that drifts over to our workplace a few times each year. I think it's a chicken farm. It's awful, whatever it is.

Remon
02-23-2011, 07:48 PM
This thread cracked me up yesterday XD

Yeah I think it should be legalized, but make it like cigarettes, labeling them as harmful and stuff. Also criminality would decrease drastically. Or is it the opposite?

Shlup
02-23-2011, 07:52 PM
It is now illegal for BoB to make bowel movements because "it stinks."

You're welcome, Edinburgh.

Madame Adequate
02-23-2011, 07:56 PM
It's a Jewishj plot to corrupt the white youth of Euro-America

Loony BoB
02-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I can't control them! And they're natural! Smoking, the hanging out of large quantities of chicken flesh and the bursting of sewage pipes are all man-made and avoidable.

Also, my bowel movements don't linger or invade other people's private spaces. When the guy at the bottom of the stairs smokes pot, the smell stays in our flat's stairwell all morning.

If a compromise could be made I would be all for it. ie, don't allow it in places such as city streets, bus stops or just outside the homes of other people. If the smell doesn't reach me, I don't have a problem with it, obviously. I'd also be happy if the smell could somehow be removed altogether as that would solve the problem for everyone. I'd also not mind cigarettes so much if they could do something about that, too.

Something tells me that no matter what we do, the stink of a broken sewage pipe can't be masked very well. =/

Shlup
02-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, there are many anti-smoking (cigarette) laws in the US that are just what you're asking for for pot. In a lot of places, you can't smoke in public places, and somewhere they recently added a law that you can't smoke outside your apartment.

And there are lots of ways to consume marijuana that don't produce smoke or a smell.

So there you go. Now quit saying it shouldn't be legalized for your stupid selfish reasons.

And don't eat chicken if you don't like the smell that chicken production makes.

Remon
02-23-2011, 08:13 PM
I heard the cake is delicious :p

Loony BoB
02-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Well, there are many anti-smoking (cigarette) laws in the US that are just what you're asking for for pot. In a lot of places, you can't smoke in public places, and somewhere they recently added a law that you can't smoke outside your apartment.
Over here a public place apparently doesn't include all the places I mentioned. It only includes indoor places. I hope that someday we get those laws you're talking about. =/

So there you go. Now quit saying it shouldn't be legalized for your stupid selfish reasons.
I just said I'd be okay with a compromise!

Bunny
02-23-2011, 08:27 PM

I can't even smoke inside my apartment.

(Well, I can smoke inside, it is just against the rules and I could get in trouble for it. My landlady does not have cameras inside of my apartment)

Shlup
02-23-2011, 08:42 PM
True, you can't smoke in most apartments either. The rules vary a lot from place to place though, BoB. Most theme parks, though, have just a couple of "smoking areas" per park. If you attempt to smoke in line the mob will have your head.

If it were legal, there would be a lot more people enjoying edibles, I think, rather than smoke anyway. It's hard to get edibles and they're a pain to make with marijuana being illegal.

Miriel
02-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I want weed to be legal not so I can smoke it, but so I can go down to a store and pick up a dozen cookies and get high. I've made edibles before but it's a pain and it stinks up your whole house. I'd rather just be able to buy it.

Laddy
02-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Of course you have the right, but to say it's more important than other individual freedoms seems pretty over-the-top.

escobert
02-23-2011, 10:09 PM

Too many people.

Yes because, we all live in cali and can get cards.

Shlup
02-23-2011, 10:13 PM
And, even then, getting cards is kind of iffy and can still affect your employment. I don't directly know anyone with a card. Other than my dad, grandpa, and my friend's dad... but I'm not asking them to pick up budder for me! Nonono.

Crop
02-23-2011, 10:17 PM
No I don't think it should be.

Mirage
02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Why not?

Peegee
02-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Because it's an illegal substance.

Actually I'd like to know too. It's completely harmless unless you drive/operate heavy machinery/swim while intoxicated

escobert
02-23-2011, 10:54 PM
But even then it's not. It's not like getting drunk where you fall all over the place and :bou::bou::bou::bou: like that. most stoners want to sit and watch TV or play video games. And I'd say at least 66% of the driving I have done in my life I have been stoned for. Actually the only two accidents I've been in I was completely sober at the time.

Peegee
02-23-2011, 10:56 PM
But even then it's not. It's not like getting drunk where you fall all over the place and :bou::bou::bou::bou: like that. most stoners want to sit and watch TV or play video games. And I'd say at least 66% of the driving I have done in my life I have been stoned for. Actually the only two accidents I've been in I was completely sober at the time.

But bert bort surely you know it's not safe to swim or to drive or operate heavy machinery while high?

Also personal experience is not a good measure for reality. I've never had an accident while driving drunk - all of my accidents were not-at-fault or while sober. So should I drink more and drive?

escobert
02-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Maybe for an idiot who doesn't know how to drive in the first place.

Peegee
02-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Maybe for an idiot who doesn't know how to drive in the first place.

well I am azn

I'm going to send you a msg on fb

Loony BoB
02-23-2011, 11:00 PM

But bert bort surely you know it's not safe to swim or to drive or operate heavy machinery while high?

Also personal experience is not a good measure for reality. I've never had an accident while driving drunk - all of my accidents were not-at-fault or while sober. So should I drink more and drive?
Wow. It's not often I see Peeg being the one talking sense at EoFF these days. I like it.

Peegee
02-23-2011, 11:28 PM

Wow. It's not often I see Peeg being the one talking sense at EoFF these days. I like it.

What are you implying :mad2: :aimmad::mad2:

escobert
02-23-2011, 11:40 PM
that was loves PG ;)

Peegee
02-23-2011, 11:59 PM
It actually scares me how the us gov't treats something this harmless. If I ever consume this substance in usa I will be so giddy

escobert
02-24-2011, 12:10 AM
No you will be fun fun time with Bert :D

Shlup
02-24-2011, 12:39 AM
I agree that driving while high is bad. A lot of my friends do it and claim they're comfortable with it, but I sure as hell know I'm not.

DMKA
02-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Only in California, Nevada, Colorado, Florida, New York, Vermont, Hawaii and Alaska.

It shud remain illegal everywhere else.

kotora
02-24-2011, 08:46 PM
I agree that driving while high is bad. A lot of my friends do it and claim they're comfortable with it, but I sure as hell know I'm not.

It's only about as retarded as driving drunk

Mirage
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
You should not be operating machines that can smurfing kill people when you're under the influence of mind-altering drugs, unless your doctor has recommended it for you.

And yes, that also means you shouldn't drive if you've consumed lots of caffeine to be able to stay awake. If you're tired enough to think that you need to rely on caffeine, you're too tired to drive safely.

I might be welcoming to much more liberal drug laws, but driving under the influence of that :bou::bou::bou::bou: is one of the worst things I can think of, and to be quite honest, I feel good when i hear about drunk drivers killing themselves in traffic accidents, as long as they didn't also kill someone else who had nothing to do with it. Sadly, that is rarely the case.

Raistlin
02-24-2011, 09:22 PM
First off, yes, there are plenty of employers, including thousands of government jobs, that do drug screenings for pot (among other things). Secondly, yes, there are thousands of people arrested for marijuana possession each year, and that drug conviction on their record can keep them from getting jobs for employers (including almost all government jobs) that do criminal background checks. A significant portion (even a majority in many areas) of most ADA's cases involve non-violent drug offenses, many of them for marijuana. The vast majority of defendants plead guilty, so you don't hear about them. Thirdly, yes, it seems almost certain that there are plenty of people who would smoke (or at least smoke more) if it was perfectly legal to buy and use. It is a silly law, but buying an illegal drug from an illegal dealer is a little bit more than speeding -- and can have much more significant consequences.

Which is fine for people who never want to get a federal job anywhere (including post office or some other very common jobs) or job at a private hospital/medical facitility or police department or outside the state and are willing to bank on the DEA not having a random whim and raiding a local facility and arresting everyone involved. And on the hope that the police never come knocking on the wrong door and find the stash (which may or may not involve criminal charges, but at the least some lost money, jail time, and a huge inconvenience).

Anyway, there is no serious debate on this issue. It is only politics and mindless bigotry that keeps marijuana from being legal now (same with gay marriage, prostitution, etc.).

escobert
02-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Only in California, Nevada, Colorado, Florida, New York, Vermont, Hawaii and Alaska.

Exactly. the rest of the sates grow :bou::bou::bou::bou: weed :monster:

And with he whole driving thing maybe it's because I grew up in a state where it was legal to drink and drive and for passengers to drink up until a few year ago. I know obviously people that are all fucked up shouldn't be driving but I just smoke d a bowl of some :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty mexican brick weed, I have about the same buzz as I do when I smoke a cig in the morning.

Peegee
02-24-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm not about to google this at work but 'marawana' is decriminalized in Canada, and recently street walkers were decriminalized as well. It's a happy day when Canada > USA

Plus we can gay marriage here.

(I like canada and usa but I have plenty of grievances for both countries)

escobert
02-24-2011, 10:34 PM
I think they both suck and Vermont needs to be its own country again :D

Shlup
02-24-2011, 10:44 PM

Exactly. the rest of the sates grow :bou::bou::bou::bou: weed :monster:

And with he whole driving thing maybe it's because I grew up in a state where it was legal to drink and drive and for passengers to drink up until a few year ago. I know obviously people that are all fucked up shouldn't be driving but I just smoke d a bowl of some :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty mexican brick weed, I have about the same buzz as I do when I smoke a cig in the morning.

ಠ_ಠ

Peegee
02-24-2011, 11:13 PM
I think they both suck and Vermont needs to be its own country again :D

Bert you scare me sometimes. Anyway Texas and VT can be their own countries fo sho

escobert
02-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Only sometimes? :p PG you've known me long enough to know that most of the time random nonsensical things come out of me :D

Hollycat
02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Is this forum basically just spam now? If we do not get back on topic, then Rantzien will be on us.

Rantz
02-24-2011, 11:35 PM
You say that like me being on you is not a pleasurable experience.

escobert
02-24-2011, 11:47 PM
well if ranty panty is gonna mount me I had better spam some more! :bigsmile:

Tai-Ti
02-25-2011, 01:49 AM
legalizing it would be the worst thing to happen for it. Face it, all those dealers would go out of business, it would be on shelves next to cigarettes, all the fun and appeal would go away! Eventually you'll move onto something more exciting, because what's available legally is never enough, then there'll be the push to make ecstasy legal...... yeah, illegal drugs are better off staying illegal.

rubah
02-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Heh, then why do people still smoke cigarettes? And why do some stores not sell alcohol? Don't be slippin' off that slope you've oiled up for yourself, there.

Bunny
02-25-2011, 02:38 AM
This thread has become mind-boggling.

Peegee
02-25-2011, 02:53 AM
marijuana is harmless and dwi akready exists as a law so what is the problem?

I think they made weed in amsterdam off limits to foreigners so come to canada! we already play host to 19 y.o guys who act stupid in our border cities wat would some more druggies hurt?

Mirage
02-25-2011, 11:01 AM
then there'll be the push to make ecstasy legal......
Yes, that's what I'm hoping for.

What do you have against ecstasy? Fewer people die from that than from alcohol or cigarettes (yes, even when adjusted for a higher amount of users of tobacco and alcohol), or do you want to ban those too?

escobert
02-25-2011, 11:54 AM
legalizing it would be the worst thing to happen for it. Face it, all those dealers would go out of business, it would be on shelves next to cigarettes, all the fun and appeal would go away! Eventually you'll move onto something more exciting, because what's available legally is never enough, then there'll be the push to make ecstasy legal...... yeah, illegal drugs are better off staying illegal.
Yes, because most people only smoke pot because it's illegal :monster:

Peegee
02-25-2011, 04:19 PM

What do you have against ecstasy? Fewer people die from that than from alcohol or cigarettes (yes, even when adjusted for a higher amount of users of tobacco and alcohol), or do you want to ban those too?

Wait wait, you can die from E overdose.

Shlup
02-25-2011, 05:40 PM
And you can die from alcohol overdose. And cigarettes kill you slowly and painfully. So?

If E were legal, you'd be less likely to get bad stuff.

Also, every anti-pot argument in this entire thread is the worst argument I've seen for anything ever.

Mirage
02-25-2011, 05:54 PM

You can die from a salt overdose. So what?

Oh yeah, here's a list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act#Schedule_I_controlled_substances) over other substances I think should be at least decriminalized.

Peegee
02-25-2011, 07:04 PM

You can die from a salt overdose. So what?

Oh yeah, here's a list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act#Schedule_I_controlled_substances) over other substances I think should be at least decriminalized.

So: I am not following the argument.

Mirage
02-25-2011, 07:51 PM
My argument is that there are tons of legal substances that are lethal in the wrong doses. Most people who use drugs recreationally are not suicidal, and therefore do not willfully consume drugs in high enough doses to kill them.

Deaths from ODs are often caused by mistakes, which are much more likely to happen when a drug is illegal and it is hard to find out the exact potency of whatever it is they're going to use.

Potential death is not an argument for keeping a drug illegal, because if someone wants to kill themselves, they can do this with OTC painkillers, and potential death is clearly not something anyone cares about when they drink alcohol, so why should they care about it when it comes to ecstacy? Why should my drug of choice be banned for a reason that someone else's drug of choice (alcohol) isn't banned for?

As far as I know, deaths from MDMA alone are extremely uncommon, and when they do happen, it's usually because of hyperthermia you are at higher risk of getting while on MDMA. However, it can easily be countered by consuming greater quantities of water. It is also not unheard of that people try to sell things that aren't really E as actually E, causing the user to consume a substance they aren't familiar with, aren't physically used to, and don't know how to dose properly. That's another thing that you can more easily avoid if you can easily trace the drug you purchase back to its manufacturer.

Peegee
02-25-2011, 08:33 PM
I simply don't follow because you CANNOT overdose on marijuana in any consumption method known to me that is lethal - you'll sooner pass out safely and wake up fine than die.

So ban all of the lethal substances: water, salt, ... wait you can die from smoking too many cigarettes?

Mirage
02-25-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't see how that's relevant. Marijuana should be legal even if you could OD on it.

Peegee
02-26-2011, 12:13 AM
well suicide should be 'legal'. I agree but I had been limiting my scope. um..so like let's go back to everyone saying yes

Mirage
02-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Suicide being legal or illegal also has nothing to do with this. People don't do recreational drugs to kill themselves, and even if they did, they could do that in much cheaper and efficient ways that don't involve drugs.

kotora
02-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Suicide being legal or illegal also has nothing to do with this. People don't do recreational drugs to kill themselves, and even if they did, they could do that in much cheaper and efficient ways that don't involve drugs.

I don't think the price is much of an issue when you're trying to kill yourself. As for efficient idk.

Hollycat
02-26-2011, 02:28 AM
marijuana smoking should be mandatory, then no one would want to do it.
except kotora of course.
and pg

Hot Shot
02-26-2011, 03:27 AM
I think it should be legalised because I don't see anything wrong with it. I've never been caught with it in London and very few people are. It's only if you have a lot of it will anything severe happen. I don't buy it a lot/often so I don't really worry about getting caught. And I don't think they do drug tests for your run of the mill job in England.

And for those of you who think it shouldn't be legalised but still want to smoke it, you should just go to Amsterdam, my mates said it's really good their and I'm gonna go there during the summer.

I strongly believe that alcohol and cigarettes are much worse for you than weed. You can't OD, you don't do stupid stuff (like walk in front of a car, fall over or start a fight) and I think it might be less cancerous than tobacco is. When you smoke weed, you just want to kick back and relax with some music, tv or video games and life just seems much more brilliant.

Crop
02-26-2011, 05:02 AM
Why not?

It's mostly for selfish reasons really, I'm not some raving anti-drug nut.

My younger brother is addicted to the stuff, he can't have a good time without it, and the only thing keeping him from constantly smoking (literally) is the legal implications and the fact that occasionally there is no supply.
Like everyone says; it mostly just makes people want to chill and do nothing, which is something my family can't afford to do at the moment.

Anyone who says weed isn't addictive is an idiot.

Shlup
02-26-2011, 08:20 AM
While I appreciate your honestly, please don't punish the rest of us because your brother is a fuck up.

Anyway, are you ready for this? Weed isn't addictive. Physically.

Psychologically? Yes. However, anything is potentially psychologically addictive. Literally anything. Pot is addictive in the same way video games and sex are addictive, not the way that nicotine and alcohol are addictive.

Crop
02-26-2011, 03:29 PM
While I appreciate your honestly, please don't punish the rest of us because your brother is a smurf up.

Anyway, are you ready for this? Weed isn't addictive. Physically.

Psychologically? Yes. However, anything is potentially psychologically addictive. Literally anything. Pot is addictive in the same way video games and sex are addictive, not the way that nicotine and alcohol are addictive.

Well yeah I already knew how it was addictive, you don't need to spell it out for me in that way.
You seem pretty passionate about the subject while it's really low on my list of things I want made legal/illegal. I'm just saying for me it's better that it's illegal.

Mirage
02-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Then make it illegal for just you. ;o

Shlup
02-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Well yeah I already knew how it was addictive, you don't need to spell it out for me in that way.
You seem pretty passionate about the subject while it's really low on my list of things I want made legal/illegal. I'm just saying for me it's better that it's illegal.

So you're admitting that it's not physically addictive (psychologically addictive doesn't mean anything, since anything can be), and that you like that it's illegal for purely selfish reasons. That's... lame. And downright amoral, frankly.

And if I seem pretty passionate about it it's only because I'm not the kind of person who thinks things should be illegal for no other real reason than because I want them to be. I'm even more passionate about marriage rights being inclusive of those who prefer their own gender, regardless of the fact that I'm heterosexual. I really don't see your point here.

Crop
02-26-2011, 08:34 PM

So you're admitting that it's not physically addictive (psychologically addictive doesn't mean anything, since anything can be), and that you like that it's illegal for purely selfish reasons. That's... lame. And downright amoral, frankly.

Well...yeah, but it's not like I have the power to make it legal anyway, so it's all good.
You don't see my point because I'm not making one, I'm not fighting against you or anything so I don't see why you're getting so worked up. This is only GC, I didn't post to start a debate or anything, the OP asked a question and I answered.

Shlup
02-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Firstly, just because I don't like your opinion does not mean I'm "worked up." And, yes, your opinion does matter. When it's time to vote for these things, the more people there are like you, who go out of their way to avoid really basing their opinion on anything reasonable, the less likely it is that anything gets done. I live in a democratic country, and so the purposeful ignorance of others does affect me.

Saying you don't like it is fine, but saying you think it should be illegal for everyone because you don't like it is not cool.

Crop
02-26-2011, 08:54 PM
. When it's time to vote for these things, the more people there are like you, who go out of their way to avoid really basing their opinion on anything reasonable,

Ok - wow. Like I said, I made a passing post in GC and now you're talking about voting for it, and me not basing my opinion on anything reasonable?
Whenever I have to actually vote for something, I'm sure to research both sides of whatever I'm voting for just to be sure I make the right decision in my opinion. Like the Welsh Referendum that's coming up now. Isn't voting a personal choice anyway? If I felt I'd benefit from having weed stay illegal, why wouldn't I vote to keep it that way?
You don't actually know who I am, so I'd rather you didn't jump to conclusions about how I deal with serious issues and the way I vote, and not judge me on a post in GC.

Shlup
02-27-2011, 06:03 AM
You are kind of easy to offend. Yikes.

I apologize for calling you on your ill-formed opinion. Next time someone asks you to defend yourself and you don't want to, you can just say that instead of being all "don't judge me you don't know meeeee" about it. This being GC has nothing to do with anything--if you state a clearly ignorant opinion and someone expects you to defend it, you don't have to be a total whiner about it. :|

Shoeberto
02-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Look what you people have done to my thread! My beautiful, precious thread!

And yes, when I say that, I do mean you people. Gosh!

Bunny
02-27-2011, 06:12 AM
If I felt I'd benefit from having weed stay illegal, why wouldn't I vote to keep it that way?

I skimmed the majority of this thread so if you somehow answered this already feel free to ignore or restate it. How could you possibly benefit from marijuana staying illegal? Aside from your personal experiences with the substance, how does on benefit from the legality (or lack thereof) of a non-lethal substance?

Shlup
02-27-2011, 06:36 AM
You're wasting your time; his opinion has no basis in much of anything and he seems to like it that way. To attempt to engage him in conversation means you are "wound up" or judging him.

Bunny
02-27-2011, 10:03 AM
I have never had a problem being accused of judging a person.

Psychotic
02-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Look what you people have done to my thread! My beautiful, precious thread!

And yes, when I say that, I do mean you people. Gosh!Seriously. What the fuck happened here?

Crop
02-27-2011, 11:35 AM
You're wasting your time; his opinion has no basis in much of anything and he seems to like it that way. To attempt to engage him in conversation means you are "wound up" or judging him.

Ouch. I only come on this forum for the super happy fun time, I try to stay away from the heavier stuff, that's all. There's no need to be all bitter about it.

Rantz
02-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Shlup's new hobby: turning GC into EoEO.

Levian
02-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Fine, but only if we illegalize something else in its place. Like Ponies.

Next thing you know, ponies will appear through cavities at airport daily all over the globe. and there will be ponies everywhere. ASS-PONIES.

(just a noble attempt at turning this back into a GC thread)

Shlup
02-27-2011, 01:17 PM
He's the one who keeps making it personal! You're supposed to defend my honor. This is why none of you have girlfriends! And Psy's made up one doesn't count.

Don't let Shoe make threads anymore. He's terrible at it.

Mirage
02-27-2011, 01:35 PM
I'd defend your honor but I don't know how :(

rubah
02-27-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry guys. It's my fault. I mentioned a fallacy and she must've thought I was Raistlin or something!

Shoeberto
02-27-2011, 06:46 PM
This is an outrage. I am literally raging the *snip* out right now.

Shame on you! ~Shlup

Raistlin
02-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I'd defend your honor but I don't know how know you don't have any :(

Mirage
02-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Shoeberto is getting around the swear filter. Quick, ban him!