PDA

View Full Version : Cause it's never too early...

Wolf Kanno
02-26-2011, 05:32 AM
What do you want to see in the third Dissidia game?

Depression Moon
02-26-2011, 05:25 PM
I want it on a console or PSN.

ZeroFusion
02-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Well chances are there won't be any third Dissidia (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/22/no-there-wont-be-a-universal-tuning-re-release-of-dissidia-012duodecim/), at least not in the same form. I'd rather have another main series installment than another one of the countless spinoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Dissidia a lot (took me 300+ hours to get all accomplishments) and I'm definitely buying Duodecim. It's just that this game has so crappy story and takes so much time - it's so addictive! If we were to get third Dissidia, I want a decent story (not many chances here) and some serious RPG elements.

Mercen-X
03-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I've learned never to expect a decent story from a fighter.

ZeroFusion
03-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Agreed, but when talking about a FF game (or S-E game in general), I expect at least decent story. As far as I can say, only Dissidia disappointed me in this way. Although I have an objection or two to other stories as well, they're merely details.

Wolf Kanno
03-02-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm a bit more forgiving on plot for Dissidia simply because crossover stories are nearly impossible to write without it coming out just plain silly. Even KH is pretty goofy and gets away with some of it's shenanigans cause the FF characters play little to no role or purpose in the story. Most of them could be written out and replaced with a Disney character if they had to.

The real issue I kind of discovered for Dissidia was the issue of some of the villains, whose personalities are quite similar and their actions and goals are so tightly connected to their stories that once their taken out of their respected plots, they kind of lose all sense of self. Ex-Death, Sephiroth, and Kuja are the most prominent offenders. Even Cloud and Cecil have this same issue cause their issues are closely connected to their story mythos so when you remove Cecil's dark past and Cloud's struggle with Jenova cells and Shin-Ra, they don't have much left going for them personality wise that another cast member can't do better. Terra would probably be in the same boat if they hadn't found a way to shoe horn her story from VI in. The rest of the cast are basically personalities reacting to a situation, or the villains themselves are the main instigators of problems. Emperor Mateus works beautifully cause he's just an evil bastard and he doesn't have to rely on any plot device like other villains had to.

Jessweeee♪
03-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Fighters are better without deep stories. Dissidia is about as deep as they should be if you ask me.

Mercen-X
03-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Each time the fighters wake up, they seem to be at a loss for where they are, like they've had a memory lapse.
What if they went back further and the characters appeared with no memories at all?
What if their personalities weren't based on their past experiences but were rebuilt from the ground up based on the events within Dissidia?
What if they took out all the elements that tie the heroes and villains together leaving only Cosmos and Chaos as their single binding attribute?
Then the only force driving the heroes to duel their respective villains is a slight twinge of familiarity that has nothing to do with past plot but instead only vague awareness. The heroes are still heroes and driven to fight for justice by the light of order and the villains are still their self-righteous, narcissistic, ego-maniacal, domineering, tyrannical warlord selves.
What would you think of thet?

Del Murder
03-06-2011, 06:02 AM
I think it would be cool to have tag team combat like is done in the Marvel vs. Capcom games.

Marky Tee
03-06-2011, 09:54 PM
ok since i cant get the image to work:(
Zack

Skyblade
03-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Blademaster Frimelda Lotice, Thunder God Cidolfus Orlandeau, General Beatrix, and Auron.

Any of them will work. We just need someone who can teach all the kiddies in Dissidia how to really wield a sword. Who better than some of the best and most legendary swordsmen in the series, with some of the best and most tragic pasts?

Darkwolf090
03-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Blademaster Frimelda Lotice, Thunder God Cidolfus Orlandeau, General Beatrix, and Auron.

Any of them will work. We just need someone who can teach all the kiddies in Dissidia how to really wield a sword. Who better than some of the best and most legendary swordsmen in the series, with some of the best and most tragic pasts?

Do you mean Ramza or Delita then who had better stat growth then them all!?
Cuz I vote for them lol

Mo-Nercy
03-28-2011, 09:55 AM
As a fighting game enthusiast, I would've been just as happy with Dissidia if it was just like any other fighter. An Arcade Mode that throws 6-8 randoms at you, then a sub-boss, then Chaos/Cosmos, a Survival Mode and a Training Mode would've suited me fine. So obviously, I'm really happy that Dissidia exceeded those expectations.

Anyway, more characters would be great, but I think the biggest issue to be addressed is the voiceover guy who does the intros to the story modes. That guy really needs to speak faster.

Wolf Kanno
03-28-2011, 10:19 AM
I hope they change back the bonus AP rules to Dissidia 1's rules cause Duodecim's "hit him with an HP attack for a certain amount... but you're not allowed to let the enemy hit you with any attack...will get you x amount of extra AP" needs to go. I wouldn't mind if it was a rule in itself but not all the time cause my OCD and this rule have been making learning Tifa a pain in the ass... I need Diamond Armor sets... :(

Obviously I want II, VI, and IX to get a representative and if every other game gets a new one, they all need two new characters to catch up. :colbert:

I want to drop the rule that lets magic be deflected simply by dashing through it. It doesn't make sense and it's BS that you can dash through spells but not a melee attack, how is a hunk of metal more un-deflectable than a forbidden spell that sears the corporeal flesh of the immortal gods? Its shenanigans I tell you and it puts all the spell casters at a major disadvantage. At least they've wised up a little and made some spells stun when blocked like some of the melee attacks do.

Nerf Cloud, seriously...

Multiple EX-Bursts... Capcom spoiled me and I love switching out different super attacks. Just make it an equip ability like the other abilities.

Skyblade
03-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Not every spell can be dashed through. Lightning's Watera, at the very least, will hit you anyway. There are probably a couple more like that.

Mercen-X
03-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Multiple EX-Bursts... Capcom spoiled me and I love switching out different super attacks. Just make it an equip ability like the other abilities.

There indeed are a lot of super attacks I'd like to see the characters using as finishers.

Mo-Nercy
03-28-2011, 11:52 PM
I'd also like to see some optional epic boss fights, like an Omega Weapon or a Penance. Make them super hard so victors can have the ultimate bragging rights.

*Devore*
04-04-2011, 08:10 PM
I wish they would even out the good guy:bad guy ratio and not just turn good guys into bad guys to balance out the numbers. Although I really like Tidus's and Clouds new outfits. How can warriors of Cosmos be summoned as warriors of Chaos anyway, I can understand how Jetch can become good and even how Terra is bad but not the others.

Anyway, Bad guys like Vayne, Seifer, Dark Knight, Gilgamesh, Cid Raines and some others...maybe throw in a FFXI villian so Shantotto has a counterpart.

Mercen-X
04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Vayne and Cid Raines I may understand... Gilgamesh is already in. Dark Knight is a general term and Cecil can already do that. Seifer isn't really unique either. Just give Squall Seifer's trench coat. But yeah, villains from I-II-III... notably Astos & Xande... IV, Zemus/Zeromus... X... Yunalesca? I don't want Seymour and we apparently aren't going to see Shuyin... I don't know the villains of XI...

Characters I still cross my fingers for...
Yang or Edge, Faris, Shadow, Genesis from CC7, maybe a Turks, maybe a Tsviet, I wanted Zell, Fujin, Kiros, Beatrix, Blanc (as a costume for Zidane?), Gilgamesh from 9 (a costume), Necron, Brother, Shuyin, Leblanc (has she appeared as a guide?), Paine, Gippal, Balthier (naturally), Fran... heh... lol yeah... I'm picky... :roll2

black orb
04-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Nerf Cloud, seriously...

>>> That, and Steiner..:luca:

Mercen-X
04-16-2011, 07:44 PM
we apparently aren't going to see Shuyin...

Never mind. Spotted him in a promo pic in GameInformer.