PDA

View Full Version : Few more questions about FF2 NES

Daralyn
02-27-2011, 09:40 AM
I have a few more questions that bother me when playing, so if someone respond it will be a great help to me.

1.) when someone of my chars die in battle, and I ress him by "LIFE" spell, he will be ressed but he will stay in "back row" - when this happens to fighter then I'm screwed because it is impossible to do something with him except spells (and fighters ususaly don't have STRONG spells) - it is possible to change rows IN battle?

2.) Now I'm going to Dist cave, to fight "Chiemeras" boss, but even in this phase of game i have 12 or so "Key items" - Canoe, Iceslid, Ring, Pass (many of them are usseles) like ring and Pass for Warhsip, but they still occupy slots in my BAG and i can't trash them - so i have still less and less space for potions, found armor, and other items

can i somehow rid off those items? or i just need to make 5 trips to city in each dungeon or trash valuable items to make space in Bag?

thanks

Wolf Kanno
02-28-2011, 04:18 AM
I have a few more questions that bother me when playing, so if someone respond it will be a great help to me.

1.) when someone of my chars die in battle, and I ress him by "LIFE" spell, he will be ressed but he will stay in "back row" - when this happens to fighter then I'm screwed because it is impossible to do something with him except spells (and fighters usually don't have STRONG spells) - it is possible to change rows IN battle?

I've never ran into this problem, but this might be due to a change in versions. I play FF Origins and they did fix some issues even in the "Original" mode you can unlock. As far as I know, you can't change rows in battle but then again, I've never tried. Toggle the command menu and see if you get a an option called "Row".

2.) Now I'm going to Dist cave, to fight "Chiemeras" boss, but even in this phase of game i have 12 or so "Key items" - Canoe, Iceslid, Ring, Pass (many of them are usseles) like ring and Pass for Warhsip, but they still occupy slots in my BAG and i can't trash them - so i have still less and less space for potions, found armor, and other items

This is the only game mechanic in II that really frustrates me. No, there is no way to remove Key items from your inventory. You are going to have to manage and be careful with your inventory. Usually, I keep only ethers, phoenix downs, and elixers in my inventory for consumable items, and leave the rest for weapons and armor. Make sure to sell any weak armor and weapons to keep your inventory from becoming too full. Also be careful when enemies drop items.