PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Warnings Abundant

Unbreakable Will
02-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Second or third one this week, jesus. I love thunderstorms, they're my favorite kind of weather, tornados not so much though. :sweat:
Had an crazy weather lately EoFF?
Edit: Dunno how this ended up in EoEO, my bad.

NorthernChaosGod
02-28-2011, 12:08 AM
It's apparently been the coldest it's been in 40 years here on the west coast or something. There's been snow in different places in San Diego. o_O

rubah
02-28-2011, 12:22 AM
We're having early spring, and I love it. Even if it's humid and gross, it's not enough to be MEGAgross

Unbreakable Will
02-28-2011, 12:27 AM
It's apparently been the coldest it's been in 40 years here on the west coast or something. There's been snow in different places in San Diego. o_O
That's rather unheard of I take it

Bunny
02-28-2011, 12:39 AM
It snowed about five inches on Thursday, another two on Friday, and was almost completely melted by Saturday. This is pretty normal weather for my area though. The only odd thing about the weather recently is the general lack of snow. We've had harsh snowstorms maybe two or three times since October (when it typically starts to snow), which is infrequent compared to the last few winter seasons. Even during those snowstorms, the majority of schools and public offices stayed open, with the exception of one day, I think.

NorthernChaosGod
02-28-2011, 01:43 AM
That's rather unheard of I take it

Very, very much so.

Snow has been recorded falling on San Diego communities only five times in over 125 years of record-keeping.[5] Snow flurries were last seen in San Diego on February 15, 2008 around 1,700 to 1,800 feet (520 to 550 m), and the last measurable snowfall to hit various neighborhoods and suburbs around the city fell on December 13, 1967. In winter, light snow is common in mountainous regions of east San Diego County above 3,000–4,000 feet (910–1,200 m)[6].

Unbreakable Will
02-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Wow, thats pretty crazy :eek:

Yar
02-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Last friday it was 60 degrees. Then there was freezing rain and snow and then a second blizzard hit three nights ago and right now it's thunderstorming and the rain is melting the snow.

But honestly I'd say the craziest day I've ever seen here was when we had a 2-hour school delay because of early morning snow accumulation but that same day when we were getting out of school it was 85 degrees.

G13
02-28-2011, 07:54 AM

I can move it! I have the technology! :bigsmile:

Crazy weather? This last month it has been warm and rainy and all of the sudden a few days ago we get a foot of snow. I'm still scratching my head at that. February in Spokane is the beginning of Spring. :/

Remon
02-28-2011, 01:16 PM
God bless the Mediterranean climate. It does get a little hot in summer but that's all. We've never heard of tornadoes or anything :bigsmile:

Unbreakable Will
02-28-2011, 02:15 PM

I can move it! I have the technology! :bigsmile:

Crazy weather? This last month it has been warm and rainy and all of the sudden a few days ago we get a foot of snow. I'm still scratching my head at that. February in Spokane is the beginning of Spring. :/
Wonderful!

We get that kind of stuff all the time here, It'll be nice and warm then bam, a little bit of snow and everyone that lives here loses their ability to drive :roll2

NorthernChaosGod
02-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Everyone here freaks out when it rains! :mad2: They all drive like they're going to fucking die if they go above 30 MPH. But of course there are still a bunch of accidents for some fucking reason.

rubah
02-28-2011, 07:19 PM
apparently there were some earthquakes last night! I didn't notice any

Unbreakable Will
02-28-2011, 07:39 PM
apparently there were some earthquakes last night! I didn't notice any
Small scale I'd imagine, have they been known to happen in your area with any real frequency?

Shlup
02-28-2011, 08:39 PM
California is fucking cold. It's been snowing in places it should never snow.

rubah
02-28-2011, 11:19 PM
It was 4.7, and some people felt it, but I did not.

There's the famous fault in New Madrid, but that's the other side of the state. There have been reports of increasing numbers of minor earthquakes to the east of here, and some people suppose that the recent upsurge in natural gas shell fracture drilling has been disturbing the earth's seismic habits.

freyathedark
03-05-2011, 03:32 AM
There was one summer where I had tornado warnings literally every other night for a week or two. I eventually got fed up with having to get off the computer for half an hour before it went away, so I just stopped listening to the warnings and kept one eye on the TV XD

That being said, the snow is finally all gone now. Went from nearly three feet to nada in a month. I love spring.

Yar
03-05-2011, 03:45 AM
It was 4.7, and some people felt it, but I did not.

There's the famous fault in New Madrid, but that's the other side of the state. There have been reports of increasing numbers of minor earthquakes to the east of here, and some people suppose that the recent upsurge in natural gas shell fracture drilling has been disturbing the earth's seismic habits.

No rubahs. dont you read the bible? it's all GOD's doings

we must repent!

Jessweeee♪
03-05-2011, 04:56 PM
http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/files/tornado.jpg

TORNADO!

Isn't it scary? D:

Peegee
03-06-2011, 02:38 AM
It's raining here. I have to make sure my hopes don't go up cuz it has to snow once more but RAIN YAYYYYY