PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-2 Question

Jeymz
02-28-2011, 04:42 PM
What is the best dress spheres for Yuna, Rikku and Paine

TheSpoonyBard
02-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Most the dresspheres have the same stats for the girls, the exceptions being Trainer, Mascot and the Special Dressphere.

Broadly speaking the Mascot is the best, but that requires some work to get the most out of it. The only DSs I didn't like were Songstress, White Mage and Black Mage.

A Garment Grid loaded with Dark Knight, Alchemist, Samurai, Berserker and Gun Mage should be enough to suit any situation.

Jeymz
03-01-2011, 01:29 AM
What is the best Garment Grid then???

Saber
03-01-2011, 03:06 AM
I would believe that "The End" or "Higher Power" would be the best at level 99. "Tempered Will" is good for an HP/MP boost, and "Covenant of Growth" is awesome for leveling up to level 99. Each has their own power but The End, and Higher Power allow break HP/Damage limits.

Jeymz
03-01-2011, 03:13 AM
Don't you guys feel like switching dress sphere is annoying though?

Saber
03-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Don't you guys feel like switching dress sphere is annoying though?

It is, but it can give you bonuses and is easily a great addition to the game. The thing about it is, you don't really have to do it. As I level up I use a mastered berserker and kill the enemies easily. Its auto abilities are really good. A tip is to find something, anything, that gives double exp like a dress sphere (lady luck), a garment grid, or accessory (Key to Success). It will cut your leveling up time in half.

I found the switching to be frustrating until I found two classes that I liked. Then I put them on that GG with two slots and switching, leveling up their special Dress spheres. Like I said though switching isn't really needed. You can go to the last boss with a alchemist and two dark knights and not have to switch. Having the bonuses is all switching is good for.

Karifean
03-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Mascot, Mascot and Mascot.

As for Result Plate, I always liked the one where you had instant pre-emptive strike when you equipped it. I think I had that equipped on all three girls for whole playthroughs.

Roogle
03-01-2011, 09:04 PM
The Garment Grids were an interesting addition to the fast-paced battle system, I thought. My only grievance with it is that it almost encourages you to simply scroll from job to job to get the benefit of the Garment Grid. I think maybe a little less emphasis on that would have been better? Maybe, if it had to have that, then force you to use the job that you switched to for some duration?

Carl the Llama
03-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Mascot, Mascot and Mascot.

As for Result Plate, I always liked the one where you had instant pre-emptive strike when you equipped it. I think I had that equipped on all three girls for whole playthroughs.

This. Though I do not like how long it takes for Rikku to land a hit.

Jessweeee♪
03-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Dressphere changes are much better when you turn off the effects. There's still that brief pause, but that's not so bad.

Lady Luck is best when grinding because of it's high critical hit rate and Double EXP, Items, and Gil!

Roogle
03-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Dressphere changes are much better when you turn off the effects. There's still that brief pause, but that's not so bad.

Lady Luck is best when grinding because of it's high critical hit rate and Double EXP, Items, and Gil!

Yes, I turned off the transformation animations after seeing all of the them at least once. The battle system flows a lot better when there only brief pauses between a job change rather than a full cinematic sequence.

DMKA
03-10-2011, 04:34 AM
I liked Lady luck because Paine's winning pose with it is awesome.

Cihnyl
04-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Dark Knight.

Get two Iron Duke accessories from Trema, equip them both to whoever (...make sure your characters are all level 99), and with that, use the Dark Knight Dress Sphere with her, and you'll find that you can take on the Paragon almost single handed (...it's still close to impossible to defeat the Paragon with one character, even with that setup).

Though, I believe the Dark Knight gives you the best results. I've not obtained the Mascot Dress Sphere yet, I have all others except Mascot. So from that, Dark Knight (...it's easier to locate too if you're new to the game, compared to the Mascot Dress Sphere).