PDA

View Full Version : Fat Head (counter to Super Size Me)

Shlup
02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Has anyone else seen Fat Head? This guy tore Super Size Me to pieces. I mean, Super Size Me still has some very valid points, but I found Fat Head far more educational.

It had cute little animations about how fat is stored in your cells and how carbs and sugars cause your body to overproduce insulin, and makes your cells greedy. He ate only fast food for 28 days and lost weight and ended up with amazing cholesterol. And he gave Super Size Me and their friends a lot of crap for trying to encourage the government to limit people's choices for what they eat.

Good stuff. It's streaming on Netflix.

Casey
02-28-2011, 10:13 PM
I think I saw 'Super Size Me' on Netflix. Have Netflix, sounds interesting- I might add it to my 'que list', thanks. The other one about the food industry: 'Food Inc' was a good one to watch.

Aurey
02-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Agh, not available on Netflix Canada. Goddamn you Americans! ;} But seriously, I watched all the clips on the movie's website, it looks hilarious as well as super interesting. I'll have to look for it the old fashioned way I guess, on DVD.

NorthernChaosGod
03-01-2011, 02:13 AM
I am downloading it right now! :monster:

Jiro
03-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Super Size Me was done to an extreme. There'd be ways to eat Mickey Ds now and still be alright, I think. But w/e I just avoid it and I'm sweet.

Shlup
03-01-2011, 05:29 AM
I think I saw 'Super Size Me' on Netflix. Have Netflix, sounds interesting- I might add it to my 'que list', thanks. The other one about the food industry: 'Food Inc' was a good one to watch.

Food Inc was too scary!