PDA

View Full Version : Media Consumption

Shlup
02-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I was looking at my media log (http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/135579-2011-media-log.html) and realized I watch a lot of movies. I've watched 42 so far this year, and February isn't even over.

True, I rarely work so I will often be crafting or exercising in front of my Netflix instant queue and crank out three or four movies in a day. Still, 42 movies... Yipes. And I watch 13 TV shows, and I've read 11 books (easy reads though).

What type of media do you consume the most? I guess if you were [mostly] unemployed, like me, what would you do all day? Would you be watching movies, reading, watching TV, or listening to music? Presumably while you do things that are actually productive. Like, while I watch an hour long TV show I'll ride 15 miles on my stationary bike. See, 'cause I'm not just being a lazy fatty, I swear mm'kay.

fire_of_avalon
02-28-2011, 11:30 PM
I consume music the most, so much so that I only post in my media log stuff I've never listened to before that particular month (and thanks for reminding me to update it.) I basically have some kind of music on whenever I can and often when I'm hanging out in the family room watching tv or the news, I'll have one ear phone in still.

I used to watch a lot of movies, but I just don't have the time lately because I can't read and watch tv/movies at the same time and most of my free time is spent doing homework.

Shlup
03-01-2011, 05:30 AM
I almost never listen to music. I usually listen to talk radio on the car and shower.

Shiny
03-01-2011, 05:57 AM
It's safe to say I consume movies the most. I've stopped counting the amount of movies I watch...actually never counted. I'm pretty sure I listen to music a lot too, but probably not as much as the average person since I don't listen to the radio in the car that much and I don't own an iPod, Zune, or other mp3 player. I watch a movie attentively at least one a day and then for the rest, I just have them playing on in the background if I've seen them already. Right now Braveheart is playing on in the background.

Bunny
03-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Television is my vice. I have almost 600 gigs of television shows, not counting the several gigs I have yet to move over to my external hard drive. By comparison, my movie folder is only 217 gigs; my music folder being about 15gb.

Jiro
03-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Music, video games, movies, anime, TV shows. In that order. Books are really a non-entity because I only read stuff for class these days, there's not a whole lot of time for my own interests. At least with the other stuff I can zone out for a while and relax. I like to invest in books.

ShunNakamura
03-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Books. . . I go to the library with a big ole shopping bag and come out with more than 5 lbs of books. Then I go back again next week.

Even when I had school our librarian estimated that I finish a minimum of 300-400 books a year. Now, being unemployed, I have even more free time. I wouldn't be surprised if my book reading amount began to approach the triple digits(this does include Manga though. . . and the occasional less than 200 page Book I come across[such as Peeling the Onion]).

I do watch a fair number of anime series as well, but a single season can easily take me 1-2 weeks or more to watch(if it is more though I never get to finish it if I took it from the library).

Peegee
03-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I drool in front of my pc once a day watching a movie. Sometimes I have to wait a couple days for a new film to download so I spend those times exercising and sleeping. Sometimes I eat.

ps you moved the :D smilie from A2 to B2 ><

Del Murder
03-02-2011, 02:13 AM
TV for my by far. I love shows. I like movies too but most movies suck. It's also easier to block off 30min-1hr chunks of time rather than 2+hours.

NorthernChaosGod
03-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Most definitely music. I'd say I listen to at least 4-5 albums a day. Would be higher but my iPod died a while ago and I haven't gotten a new one yet.

Shlup
03-02-2011, 07:57 PM
TV for my by far. I love shows. I like movies too but most movies suck. It's also easier to block off 30min-1hr chunks of time rather than 2+hours.

This is a valid point. The only reason I'm able to consume so many movies is because I'm often sitting and doing a craft, and it's easier to put on something that's two-ish hours than keep finding half hour shows to put on.

Loony BoB
03-02-2011, 08:23 PM
The internet the most, by a long way. Then video games and TV, and I'm not sure which I use more.