PDA

View Full Version : You are filth.

Shlup
02-28-2011, 08:53 PM
My husband thinks he is a minimalist and that I am messy. I think that he is a freakface and I am normal. His desk has one decorative object on it; my desk has like two dozen. My desk is not a mess--it does not have random piles of crap on it, just cute stuff like my whale bank and my Schrute Farms stress beet and my Hello Kitty and Ariel PEZ dispensers.

My dad is filthy. His desk is covered in crumpled bits of paper and random pieces of what I hope used to be food. I'm not sure if he has a single pen in or on his desk, and he probably doesn't either.

My father-in-law has a lot of stacks of paper on his desk. But they are stacks. He has a lot of pens, but they're in a holder. His desk is covered, and none of it's cute, but it's at least arranged.

And we all know that the way a person keeps their desk reflects how they are all the rest of the time. So how are you? Are you a minimalist, into cute stuff, a complete slob, or surrounded by organized messes?

Clo
02-28-2011, 08:56 PM
I am an organized mess.

My roommate is a bit of a slob though. I'm about to clean, in fact, while she's gone.

Bunny
02-28-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm a semi-organized mess and a bit of a packrat. I know where everything is and will, eventually, find it when I need it. The problem is that it is usually under a pile of stuff that I don't need or want.

Miriel
02-28-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm messy, but not dirty. I just have a lot of stuff. Lots of paperwork, lots of ribbons and tape, pushpins, recipe cards, magazines, clothes, etc. I honestly don't mind messiness. Dishes sitting in the sink does kinda gross me out though. But that's more dirtiness than messiness.

I kept the whole house super duper clean and spotless for a week and earned a kitchen aid mixer as a reward. Guess who's going to be making cookies this week... THIS girl!

Rantz
02-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Kind of like Bunny in this regard. It's usually a mix of inertia and I-might-want-or-need-it-someday that leads me to keep stuff I probably could throw away and never miss. But there is at least usually some sense of order to it, even if it's not always neat. And I'm not dirty. Gross things are gross.

Vermachtnis
02-28-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm very, very clean. Gets in the way of my hoarding stuff though. I don't like to throw anything away. But I'm organized with it though.

Mirage
02-28-2011, 10:50 PM
My desk is messy, and a bit dirty. It isn't smelly though, I never leave stuff that's gonna start smelling.

fire_of_avalon
02-28-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm super neat for about a week and a half and then something explodes and my desk is covered in books, papers, post-its, receipts and on top of it all, my jellyfish paperweight.

Jiro
03-01-2011, 02:02 AM
My room is a mess because people keep giving me :bou::bou::bou::bou: I don't have room for but I can't throw out. I need to empty my room and redesign it so it works. But that's effort and I'm lazy.

Usually I'm fairly neat and organised. Atm it's a bomb site.

NorthernChaosGod
03-01-2011, 02:56 AM
I'm organized, but none of it's a mess. I have quite a few things on my desk, but it's all placed neatly.

G13
03-01-2011, 03:02 AM
I'm told I'm messy.

I call it a system. :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
03-01-2011, 03:15 AM
Really now, Eric?

I've had this massive tower of pop cans in my room for like two weeks now and I just decided I didn't want my shoes on anymore, so I kicked them off. My tower is now rubble. :(

G13
03-01-2011, 03:51 AM
That's called art, my friend. Something we cultured people do in our spare time.

Jiro
03-01-2011, 03:57 AM
He has a point.

NorthernChaosGod
03-01-2011, 04:43 AM
That's called art, my friend. Something we cultured people do in our spare time.

I think you just like to keep a pack of soda in your room at all times and you neglect to take out the empties.

Del Murder
03-01-2011, 04:51 AM
I'm probably neat to a fault.

Shiny
03-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Currently my desk is organized with stacks of stuff in plastic filing containers. I'm going to be getting a different desk to match with my new bedroom set which will mostly like mean I will have real filing cabinets, or a wooden drawer for stuff I need to store, and a separate area for my external drives, and then of course an area for the computers -- which will go in the backroom I'm now organizing. It's gonna be dope.

In short: I like being organized.

Ironically, Saturday my desk I don't use had a messy pile of clothes on top of it. The pile reached the ceiling. It was like that for months.

Freya
03-01-2011, 05:57 AM
I have what I call an organized mess but what my mother likes to call a trash pile. She doesn't know what is trash and what's treasure! Like bunny, i'm kinda a packrat so I keep a lot of "useless" stuff. Most of what's on my desk is papers. They have all been used and should probably be filed somewhere but alas they are in piles on my desk.

If someone decides to clean my desk/room I freak because I can't find anything. I know where everything is, it just doesn't look pretty! It takes me practically a month to get use to the new places and by then everything ends up in messy piles again.

Psychotic
03-01-2011, 04:57 PM
When I care, I throw away every damn last thing because I am minimalist as hell. The problem is that I am apathetic as fuck and just don't care 99% of the time.

Peegee
03-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Okay let's play

I have a bottle of vitamins, a water bottle (hey I found a replacement cap!) a newspaper, my scarf, my lunch, my phone, a pen on the side, and some napkins and my pc

at home it's a complete mess. All of my junk are in a drawer that I've cleaned up twice and finally got it down to a reasonable amount of clutter, my dvd stacks are finally removed from the dust pile upstairs where people use it, and there's a bag of chips and unpaid/paid bills everywhere.