PDA

View Full Version : IKEA

Shlup
02-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Just... just... I love IKEA! Who loves IKEA? Do you live anywhere near one?

I'm going there with my friends later to get a bookshelf and dinner.

Agent Proto
02-28-2011, 09:02 PM
There's one at the mall nearby where I live! I used to just walk and browse around just for the hell of it. Never actually bought anything from IKEA though, but I do enjoy the meatballs.

Rantz
02-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Of course I live near one, duh. I once walked home from IKEA with two heavy ass bags for like 40 minutes. It was hell.

Miriel
02-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Del Murder and I used to go on dates to Ikea, waaaaay before 500 Days of Summer made it like the cool hipster thing to do.

I LOVE all those premade room sets. I don't know why. It's all just so prettily arranged. I used to want to be an interior decorator, so maybe that's why I can just sit in those rooms and be happy. Also, their cafeteria is cheap and yummy!

We live by the only Ikea in the immediate Bay Area.

Mirage
02-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Ikea is what all the poor students shop at when they want to get their small apartments furnished. At least where I live :p.

NorthernChaosGod
03-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Ikea is what all the poor students shop at when they want to get their small apartments furnished. At least where I live :p.

Seems about right.

I think I might get small stuff there, stuff you didn't have to put together.

escobert
03-01-2011, 02:46 AM
We ain't got them here.

Fujiko
03-02-2011, 03:03 PM
LOVE<3

Yar
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Nah I like tables with 4 legs.

Jessweeee♪
03-02-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm not enough of a grown-up to buy my own furniture yet. Or pick it out even.

:(

Chris
03-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Most IKEAs I've been to, have been enormous. I only visit IKEA, if one of my friends drag me along. Don't really like to spend my entire day browsing for furniture.

Shlup
03-02-2011, 08:02 PM
My new DVD shelf is pimp. I no longer have to stack my DVDs on top of each other! And, should I run out of space again, IKEA sells additional shelves for the Billy unit for $15.

Bunny
03-02-2011, 08:38 PM
I wish I lived near an IKEA.

Rostum
03-02-2011, 08:42 PM
We got a really nice book shelf from there, and also a stepping stool because my girlfriend is too short to reach the top cupboards in the kitchen.

But otherwise, I hate it there. Once you step in you have to not only walk through the entire shop but also the entire warehouse to get out of the place. It's a nightmare! No matter what day I go, it's always filled with families that have little kids who also do not want to be there and aren't ashamed to show the rest of us about it.

Shlup
03-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Once you step in you have to not only walk through the entire shop but also the entire warehouse to get out of the place.

Uh, maybe 'cause your girlfriend makes you? You don't have to walk through the whole thing.

Though I like to. And I have dinner there. ^_^

Loony BoB
03-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I would love IKEA so, so much more if I had a bigger flat.

So. Much. More.

But I've had to make do with a couple of computer chairs, two computer desks, a bunkbed and a filing cabinet. Oh, and a bookshelf. But yeah, I wouldn't mind having a large house to work with so I could make better use of IKEA. They certainly are fantastic value.

EDIT: Just noticed that NZ has no IKEA. Gutting, as that's probably where my first decently sized house will be. =/

Shlup
03-02-2011, 09:14 PM
You and smittenkitten have a bunk bed? :|

Shiny
03-02-2011, 09:26 PM
We do have an Ikea here that's fairly close by, but there's also a Raymour n Flannigan and other furniture places right by it so it's like hm, do I want this or do I want that. And normally I want something other than Ikea. I only go to Ikea when I need stuff like extra shelves and a T.V. stand. And sometimes their lamps. Otherwise I get furniture from different places. I do have a computer desk in my room right now that I'm giving a way that's directly from Ikea.

escobert
03-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I buy my furniture at yard sales and wal-mart.

kotora
03-02-2011, 10:36 PM
deja vu thread, just like the ones about pizzas. We're stuck in a loop here people.

also I still haven't changed my view on the subject, which is that the nation of Sweden owes me a new desk.

Iceglow
03-02-2011, 11:56 PM
They opened a new IKEA near where I used to live (It was in Edmonton, I lived in Whetstone a bus ride/short drive away). On the first day there was literally such a huge crowd there trying to get in to take advantages of first day sale madness that there was a major crush which left a person dead after he got stabbed through the face by a woman's Stiletto heel. I felt kinda bad for the staff there but then I remembered I knew who got hired as head of safety manager who made the call to bring down the shutters (which caused quite a few serious injuries and contributed to the dead person's fate by causing a panic) and remembered she couldn't have managed the safety of a cotton ball boxing plant properly.

As for the furniture, it's lovely I'd love to just go through in to an unfurnished property and get to do it all myself. However I know that at present my finances don't stretch that far and I'm not settled, I move about a lot maybe when I eventually decide to bite that mortgage bullet and buy a flat/home. I'll probably stave that off til I've found a woman who will tolerate me enough to marry me and want kids.

Shlup
03-03-2011, 01:16 AM
deja vu thread, just like the ones about pizzas. We're stuck in a loop here people.

Now imagine having been a member here for ten years and tell me about loops.

Proxy
03-03-2011, 04:28 AM
I am going to have an entire level of my house decorated and furnished with IKEA stuff. I love it. But i'm also a big fan of modernism and contemporary.

kotora
03-03-2011, 06:14 AM

Now imagine having been a member here for ten years and tell me about loops.

but weren't things all good in ye olde days?

Shlup
03-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Yeah. And now everything has repeated 18 times and they're less good.

Jiro
03-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Never seen an IKEA before

Loony BoB
03-03-2011, 12:18 PM
You and smittenkitten have a bunk bed? :|
Yeah, in the small room that people like Lev and Psy sleep in.