PDA

View Full Version : I want to use your brains.

fire_of_avalon
03-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Queens of the Stone Age is gonna play a show in the city on March 23rd.

The show sold out in about -1 minute. Guess who didn't get tickets? Well, you guys, yeah. But also not me.

The thing about that is, I really enjoy this band. I would like to see them live. I do not have good luck trying to win radio contests, but there are some radio contests I could try to win if you guys fail me.

I come to you this evening an empty vessel. I can't think of a sure fire way to get myself into this show without a ticket. But I know you guys. You're wiley and crafty and full of devilment. I you can work together to help me figure out a way into this show... if you do, I'll send you a t-shirt!

escobert
03-01-2011, 02:01 AM
is there any of those online ticket auction sites and shizzle? or buy one on the black market? :D

Or! Go to the show, hide behind a trash can. Then, when an old decrepit couple come beat them with the trash can and take their ticket :bigsmile

rubah
03-01-2011, 04:15 AM
there will be scalpers on craigslist up to the week of the event, I promise you.

Jiro
03-01-2011, 05:14 AM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BWTxyDV60E)is the best way to go about it. I don't know how relevant it is. PS language warning.

fire_of_avalon
03-01-2011, 11:52 PM
I am so disappointed in the lack of devilment in this thread.

Clo
03-02-2011, 02:51 AM
Scalpers will sell you a ticket for too much money. FUCK THOSE GUYS, RIGHT?

I suggest taking a lot of psychedelic drugs and then charging past security hollering at the top of your lungs and flailing your arms wildly.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-02-2011, 04:18 AM
It sounds crazy, but it worked for me. Most arenas take tickets at the main entrance, not actually going into the central arena area. For a sold out show I wanted to see (it was either Tool, or Bob Dylan. I can't remember) I got a job working concessions.

Then once the show was getting going, I told them I quit (Work concessions??!?! Fuck dat noize!!!! I'm not selling giant pretzels with Tool playing 100 ft away) and walked into the arena area. I couldn't get down onto the floor, but I got down really close in the seating area. It worked out better than I even expected. :D

It's worth a shot, maybe.

Bunny
03-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Pose as a member of the band.

BlackAsBlood00
03-02-2011, 04:35 AM
It sounds crazy, but it worked for me. Most arenas take tickets at the main entrance, not actually going into the central arena area. For a sold out show I wanted to see (it was either Tool, or Bob Dylan. I can't remember) I got a job working concessions.

Then once the show was getting going, I told them I quit (Work concessions??!?! smurf dat noize!!!! I'm not selling giant pretzels with Tool playing 100 ft away) and walked into the arena area. I couldn't get down onto the floor, but I got down really close in the seating area. It worked out better than I even expected. :D

It's worth a shot, maybe.

you dirty, lying, conniving little bast....genius!!!

and posing as a band member would work...i kno what the members of QOTSA look like an i hate them...i kno...it's wrong...but i'm a metalhead, ftw

Rantz
03-02-2011, 09:56 AM
One word solution: Parachuting.