PDA

View Full Version : Strength in Numbers

Wolf Kanno
03-01-2011, 09:26 AM
FFV has the smallest cast of playable story characters in the series (you can take your X-2 and shove it :p ) but what if it did decide to add a few more party members into the mix? Who would you have liked to see except for Gilgamesh, he doesn't count. :p

Jiro
03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Gilgamesh never counts with you!

Gogo for sure.

Loony BoB
03-01-2011, 12:42 PM
One of the wolf-people. And a moogle.

EDIT: And Sephiroth. OBVIOUSLY.

Mirage
03-01-2011, 03:22 PM
FF1 would like to have a word with you!

Roogle
03-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I felt like Cid and Mid should have been playable characters at some point in the game. I think that the story could have allowed for pretty much anyone to inherit the powers of the crystals with a little tweaking. The story for Final Fantasy V makes sure to stress that Bartz, Lenna, Faris, Galuf, and Krile were especially chosen, but a little tweaking could allow pretty much any character in the game to specifically claim one of the powers from the crystals.

Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy X-2 have interesting parallels in the sense that their heroes gain power from the heroes who went before them, yet it almost never addresses the previous heroes from which their powers are derived.

VeloZer0
03-02-2011, 12:39 AM
With the Gaulf -> Cara skill transfer Dus Ex Machnia it would have been super easy to write in every two bit character your party comes across.

Best I can do is Guido.

And Sephiroth. OBVIOUSLY.

Vermachtnis
03-02-2011, 01:01 AM
The girl in Nix who had a crush on Butz.

Loony BoB
03-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Oh, geez, I forgot Boko. How could I forget Boko? Boko should totally be a playable character. As in, controllable in a fight.

Wolf Kanno
03-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Gilgamesh never counts with you!

Gogo for sure.

It's because I don't need a thread of 100 posts all saying Gilgamesh. :p

I said "story characters", blank slates don't count and neither do remakes or crappy sequels. :p

Jiro
03-03-2011, 08:30 AM

I said "story characters", blank slates don't count and neither do remakes or crappy sequels. :p

And also FF1 had like, 6 characters. Fighter, Black Belt, BMage, WMage, Thief, RMage. Perhaps not all at once, but they existed.

Sephiroth
03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Zezat and Kelga. And Enuo would have been ultimate.

Not to forget one of the dancers who jumps on Bartz' sprite when he is sitting down in a bar to watch them.

drotato
03-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Oh, geez, I forgot Boko. How could I forget Boko? Boko should totally be a playable character. As in, controllable in a fight.

Agreed. /:

And a moogle, yes. :D

Del Murder
03-05-2011, 04:00 AM
Lone Wolf the Pickpocket.