PDA

View Full Version : Dark Knight Vs. Paladin

Wolf Kanno
03-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Cause it's been awhile since anyone discussed this. Which did you like better: Cecil as a Dark Knight or as a Paladin?

Roogle
03-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Most people will prefer Cecil as a Paladin. In Final Fantasy IV, the Paladin is superior to the Dark Knight in literally every way possible. In later Final Fantasy games, the Paladin and the Dark Knight are treated as different classes rather than a special type of upgrade.

VeloZer0
03-02-2011, 12:34 AM
I like the SNES Dark Knight sprite way more than the Paladin sprite. Though on the DS it is the other way around. Not that I like the Paladin model any more, but I don't like the DK model nearly as much. In terms of functionality no contest, but that isn't very fun.

Wolf Kanno
03-03-2011, 01:28 AM
I love the dark knight, if Square hadn't purposely made him statistically useless after a certain point and curb his equipment pool, I would have loved to keep him. I also adore the DS version of his sprite, but I've got a boner for anything Amano...

Depression Moon
03-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Gameplay wise Paladin is better in every way. Story-wise I still prefer Paladin Cecil. He's with you for most of the game and it's a bridging point with Cecil in relieving himself of his sins.

Evastio
03-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Paladin Cecil, definitely. It fits his personality much better, and it looks much more unique and less generic than his dark knight form.

Also, I really like how radiant and bishounen his paladin form looks.

Hollycat
03-04-2011, 04:22 AM
DARK KNIGHT>>>>

Del Murder
03-06-2011, 06:26 AM
I love the Paladin job in any FF so my choice is easy.

Saber
03-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I picked dark knight cause if he had good stats and better equipment his dark rays or whatever it is called would make it worth it. In Paladin you could only kill one monster at a time which was time consuming. Being able to hit all targets for good damage was what I liked about the dark knight. You did have to cure him more but the paladin had crappy white magic spells.

Hollycat
03-11-2011, 01:51 AM
paladin:
lame clothes
horrible magic
looks like a girl or a terrorist
has very unbalanced armor
goody goody

dark knight:
goal of ff tactics
awesome armor
cool weapons
very macho
strong dark magic

Roogle
03-11-2011, 07:28 PM
dark knight:
goal of ff tactics
awesome armor
cool weapons
very macho
strong dark magic

The Dark Knight in Final Fantasy IV possesses no magical ability. How is a Dark Knight the goal of Final Fantasy Tactics when there are several job classes that are stronger than Dark Knight and provided by members of your party?

Hollycat
03-11-2011, 07:39 PM
dark knight:
goal of ff tactics
awesome armor
cool weapons
very macho
strong dark magic

The Dark Knight in Final Fantasy IV possesses no magical ability. How is a Dark Knight the goal of Final Fantasy Tactics when there are several job classes that are stronger than Dark Knight and provided by members of your party?

because you cant get dark knight without mastering everything else. although i guess onion knight is slightly better.

VeloZer0
03-12-2011, 02:52 AM
I found the Dark Knight to be a huge disappointment in FFT. WAY too weak for how much work it is to get.

Hollycat
03-12-2011, 02:52 AM
fine. batman.
I win

Darkwolf090
03-17-2011, 08:27 AM
My answer of what Cecil I like more is...
Golbez...

Ok but really Dark Knight, I just like that class more in most FF's cuz I like Attack over Defense not the case in this one I know but still
I like how DK looks more so ya

Golbez is still my vote...

Rase
03-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Dark Paladin Cecil.

Roogle
03-17-2011, 08:51 PM
My answer of what Cecil I like more is...
Golbez...

Golbez has a job class in Final Fantasy IV: The After Years called Lunarian. I think it is interesting that Golbez is given that job class as it implies that Cecil could have easily taken that job class, too.

Heath
03-23-2011, 06:30 PM
I think I actually slightly prefer Cecil as a Dark Knight. Obviously in terms of the story and his functionality, you'd have to go for the Paladin, but I think the sprite was nicer, it was interesting to have a 'dark' main character and I never really bothered with the Paladin's magic.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-10-2011, 10:01 AM
I like using the Paladin more, but I prefer the Dark attack over the low level white magic.

After playing Dissidia, I look back at this game and think I would have really enjoyed being able to switch between the two classes. The 'Change' option could have sat nicely between the 'Cover' and "Item' options.

paladin:
lame clothes
horrible magic
looks like a girl or a terrorist
has very unbalanced armor
goody goody

How dare you.

Jiro
04-12-2011, 09:29 AM
While I think the Dark Knight is "cooler", Paladin suits Cecil far more and I think he pulls it off. I'm also a sucker for his redemption. He goes from being a walking invincible tank to this meek little level 1 Paladin who then becomes fantastic beyond belief.

Forsaken Lover
04-23-2011, 10:39 PM
I really don't know what everyone sees in Dark Knight Cecil.

I preferred Paladin Cecil in every area. Sure his magic was unbelievably useless but he had a more interesting look and overall it's the version we get the most insight into.

I'd say Paladin Cecil is who Cecil really is.

Cihnyl
04-24-2011, 12:37 PM
I prefer Cecil being a Dark Knight. I mean, it looks better and sounds better, I find. As Heath said, the sprite looks nicer, and especially in terms of the story it fits well. I liked the whole dark element to the protagonist too.

Skyblade
04-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Well, first, I really like the Dark Knight sprite. But the thing I really hate about Paladin Cecil is that he loses his Dark Wave ability. That ability was really handy, even if it did hurt his HP. :(

Christmas
03-27-2022, 03:06 AM
Dark Knight for the win. He should have be Dark Knight on Mon, Wed and Fri and Paladin on Tue, Thur and Sat. Sun he will be both. :bigsmile: