PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera arrested for intoxication

SuperMillionaire
03-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Christina Aguilera Out-Train-Wrecks Britney Spears by Getting Arrested - Amplifier (http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/88568/christina-aguilera-out-train-wrecks-britney-spears-by-getting-arrested/)

As the introductory paragraph states:

During her darkest period, Britney Spears was dragged to the hospital for observation, lost custody of her children, smashed a paparazzo's car with an umbrella, spent all her late-night hours in drugstores, and spoke in a British accent. She did not, however, get arrested.

However, after a lyric flub at the Super Bowl, and a stumble at the Grammys, her former Mickey Mouse Clubhouse rival, Christina Aguilera, has just been arrested for intoxication, along with her new boyfriend, Matthew Rutler. Aguilera herself was not behind the wheel, so if she wasn't in the car, she wouldn't have been arrested, and because she was not behind the wheel, she will not receive any prosecution for her intoxication.

I posted my Hannah Montana topic earlier today, and this is what I hope that Miley Cyrus can avoid, because despite all of Britney's troubles, she has never been arrested. But let's leave our Miley discussion in that thread, and focus on Aguilera here.

Shlup
03-01-2011, 09:26 PM
You really seem to care about this :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Rantz
03-01-2011, 09:33 PM
A celebrity drinking and getting in trouble?! This is an outrage!

Remon
03-01-2011, 09:41 PM
She is beautiful no matter what you say :p

Aurey
03-01-2011, 09:47 PM
I posted my Hannah Montana topic earlier today, and this is what I hope that Miley Cyrus can avoid [...]
This first time I've lol'd hard on eoff in a while. I don't even know why, it's just hilarious.

It's true, I like reading celebrity gossip every once in a while, but it would be dark day if I seriously started to smurfing care what happens to them. I am surprised Christina is still around though.

Bunny
03-01-2011, 09:57 PM
God damn motherfucking celebrities and their stupid fucking egos. Did this bitch even once think to save some liquor for the rest of us? No, probably not.

Stuck up whores.

escobert
03-01-2011, 10:14 PM
she got drunk wtf?
I have like 20375982735 misdemeanors should that be in all the newspapers and say that my life as we know it is over? she isn't even being charged with anything. close this :bou::bou::bou::bou: thread imo.

SuperMillionaire
03-01-2011, 10:19 PM
It's not necessarily these events in themselves that I'm interested in, and to be honest, I really wish these things wouldn't happen so often. It's more about the sociology of Hollywood itself that I'm interested in. Basically, I'm interested in the sociologies of the media and pop culture.

escobert
03-01-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm pretty sure guys and girls get drunk and do this all over America and most of the world. They just don't have people with cameras following them. This isn't a Hollywood problem it's a Human being problem.

Bunny
03-02-2011, 12:07 AM
It's not necessarily these events in themselves that I'm interested in, and to be honest, I really wish these things wouldn't happen so often. It's more about the sociology of Hollywood itself that I'm interested in. Basically, I'm interested in the sociologies of the media and pop culture.

Explain.

G13
03-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Celebrities have really hard lives. Her album didn't even go gold, time to go off the deep end.

Unbreakable Will
03-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Who the smurf cares about another ridiculous celebrity getting plastered? When she drives drunk, hits the front of a foster home and proceeds to beat the living smurf out of the social workers with her shoes, then post it.

McLovin'
03-02-2011, 02:33 AM

Ok. They're pretentious, brainwashed douchebags. If you want proof look at Justin Bieber's fans!

DMKA
03-02-2011, 04:24 AM
Unlike Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus, Christina Aguilera actually has talent. Her music for the most part isn't my cup of tea (with the exception of Back to Basics, it had some fun songs), but I can't deny her singing capabilities, which she sometimes abuses (take the aforementioned National Anthem botching for example).

I think it's silly that we care this much about these things and make this big a deal out of it.

Rostum
03-02-2011, 04:37 AM
what is this i dont even

SuperMillionaire
03-02-2011, 03:42 PM
The thing is, I want to learn why and how these things happen, so that I can prevent these things from happening in the future. What causes celebrities to have such poor judgement and (almost) no shame? I know some celebrities out there who do have a sense of shame, but many others don't.

I really wish these things wouldn't happen so often, so that's why I want to find a way to prevent these things from happening to other celebrities in the future.

Ouch!
03-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I've constructed a step-by-step analysis of the situation to help you understand exactly what the problem is.

People make poor decisions.
Celebrities are people.
Celebrities make poor decisions.
Many people care (far too much) about celebrities.
Celebrities are documented making poor decisions.
Poor decisions are blown way out of proportion.
This is not a celebrity problem; this is a human problem.

Aurey
03-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Celebrities are people.

lol

Bunny
03-02-2011, 06:25 PM
The thing is, I want to learn why and how these things happen, so that I can prevent these things from happening in the future. What causes celebrities to have such poor judgement and (almost) no shame? I know some celebrities out there who do have a sense of shame, but many others don't.

I really wish these things wouldn't happen so often, so that why I want to find a way to prevent these things from happening to other celebrities in the future.

Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Christina Aguilera became famous at a young age and were shot into the spotlight and given truckloads of money without having any prior experience dealing with such a thing. Paired with each of them having irresponsible money-grubbing parents who couldn't raise a group of sea monkeys correctly and you have a troublesome combination.

Solution? Stop giving millions of dollars to teenage girls who lack any marketable talent save an ability to look good when covered in pounds of makeup.

Shlup
03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't think celebrities make a higher percentage of bad decisions than we mundains, we just hear about them more. Don't you know any junkies or drunks or people who just don't seem interested in getting their :bou::bou::bou::bou: together?

Remon
03-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah but the thing is that ours don't become public :p
We suffer less,

DMKA
03-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah but the thing is that ours don't become public :p
We suffer less,

The price of fame?

Jessweeee♪
03-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Being super drunk in public alone tops being drunk in public and getting drunk-married in Vegas, losing custody of your children, and being hospitalized on the train-wreck scale? Leave Christina alone!

But yeah, that's not so bad. My parents have both been publicly drunk at one time or another and they aren't irresponsible people. Divorce happens. Sometimes people are just naturally a little underweight for their height. I personally have both forgotten the lyrics to the National Anthem (luckily I could just move my mouth while the rest of the choir sang) and stumbled on the same night even, and I've never so much as smoked a cigarette. It seems to me like she still has it together for the most part.

escobert
03-03-2011, 01:54 AM
Yeah it's not like she's shaving her head and speaking in foreign accents like Brittany.
She got drunk. woopie.

Ouch!
03-03-2011, 02:43 AM
It sounds to me like SuperMillionaire has never been properly trashed. He should get properly trashed.

SuperMillionaire
03-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I've been trashed MANY TIMES before, and you know what? I send it all RIGHT BACK to them!

Unbreakable Will
03-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Being super drunk in public alone tops being drunk in public and getting drunk-married in Vegas, losing custody of your children, and being hospitalized on the train-wreck scale? Leave Christina alone!
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx184/Jermayan/chris-crocker.jpg

Garland
03-03-2011, 08:19 PM
So she got drunk and didn't drive? Shame on her. It's good to know that we toss our celebrities who opt not to get behind the wheel when drunk in jail for it. Sends a good message for the kids out there.

Jessweeee♪
03-03-2011, 08:26 PM
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx184/Jermayan/chris-crocker.jpg

LEAVE HER ALOOONE!!!

SuperMillionaire
03-03-2011, 08:32 PM
So she got drunk and didn't drive? Shame on her. It's good to know that we toss our celebrities who opt not to get behind the wheel when drunk in jail for it. Sends a good message for the kids out there.

Yes, it wasn't an "official arrest," but rather just a warning.

Ouch!
03-03-2011, 09:23 PM
A woman of legal drinking age decided to go out and knock back a few with her boyfriend. She was responsible enough to decide not to drive after drinking heavily. The problem exactly is... what?

SuperMillionaire
03-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Well, if you're drunk in the car, if you're behind the wheel, you should definitely be arrested, but if you're in the passenger seat, you should still get a warning. Personally, though, I would have to say that it was better for her to not be in the car with him to begin with.

Ouch!
03-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Why should you get a warning for being drunk in the passenger's seat? As far as I was aware, being drunk is not illegal unless it's public drunkenness, and even then you have to be acting inappropriately to get a citation for that. Last I checked, the passenger seat of a car is not a public space.

Was the boyfriend driving drunk? Is that the problem? If that's the case, I suppose I understand getting arrested then. Your initial wording never suggested that he was driving, just that they were both drunk in a car.

SuperMillionaire
03-03-2011, 10:01 PM
True, but it's still a good warning, though. It's not an official arrest.

Ouch!
03-03-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm still not sure why this warrants a big degree of concern.

SuperMillionaire
03-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Because I really wish these kinds of things didn't happen so often. It's the greater sociology of Hollywood as a whole that I'm interested in, though.

Vyk
03-07-2011, 06:59 AM
I don't see how being a drunken passenger warrants any kind of warning. What are you going to warn them about? Not to get drunk? She's perfectly allowed to get drunk. And even if being a drunken passenger was an offence worthy of a citation, I don't see how that supposedly makes her worse than all the things Brittney did. And even if she did become worse than Brittney, we really shouldn't care much. We have our own lives to lead

Raebus
03-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Because I really wish these kinds of things didn't happen so often. It's the greater sociology of Hollywood as a whole that I'm interested in, though.

You personally cannot stop these things from happening. Also, about the greater sociology of blah blah blah, I'd ask if you were for real but judging from the threads you've created, it'd be a silly question.