PDA

View Full Version : How often do you cut your hair?

Shlup
03-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Kind of a stupid question, but I was thinking of moving up my hair cuttery to twice a year due to split ends. I usually do it once a year because I donate it to my cousins, who are hairless twins. But they have like four of my foot-long ponytails and I hate starting my year with frizzy hair.

You? Mostly interested in the ladies, but I won't hate on the boys. Mostly.

Shiny
03-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I get it cut at least once a month usually, but now it's less frequent. I haven't gotten it cut since January and I have been avoiding going to the hair salon because I don't want them to cut it. I'm growing it out. skeet skeet

Bunny
03-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Whenever it starts to get annoying.

Peegee
03-02-2011, 09:46 PM
every 2-3 weeks. I used to get it done monthly but meh; it gets too fluffy >_<

Twice a year wat. That rules

Iceglow
03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I get it cut as often as it needs to be. I would say around 2 - 4 weeks each time.

fire_of_avalon
03-03-2011, 01:25 AM
It's been a year and 4 months since I last had a cut. I trim, but I think it needs some love. I'm off tomorrow so that might happen.

Jessweeee♪
03-03-2011, 01:32 AM
It used to be once a year or once every other year, but now I want to keep it above my shoulders, so I'm thinking a few times a year. Unfortunately I don't have haircut monies :(

Shlup
03-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Success!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/ShlupQuack/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo0298.jpg

I feel much better.

Clo
03-03-2011, 01:38 AM
I get my hair cut about every 3 - 4 months, mainly because it just feels so good to have clean cut ends with long hair. :)

G13
03-03-2011, 01:40 AM
I cut mine maybe once a year. This time around I'm growing it super long. It's always been a dream of mine to put it up in a samurai doo.

Shlup
03-03-2011, 01:42 AM
I get my hair cut about every 3 - 4 months, mainly because it just feels so good to have clean cut ends with long hair. :)

This is true. Now that I have a few ponytails saved up for my little cousins I'll probably cut my hair more often.

NorthernChaosGod
03-03-2011, 01:42 AM
I used to do it every 2-3 weeks, then I started getting lazy. I'm also thinking of growing my hair out again.

escobert
03-03-2011, 01:46 AM
I get it cut as often as it needs to be. I would say around 2 - 4 weeks each time.

Holy crapcakes! I actually read one of your posts for once!

I cut mine whenever I damn well please!
which would usually be about the time my beard gets too long and I buzz that off along with my hair :bigsmile:

Jiro
03-03-2011, 04:57 AM
I think it works out to be about 11 months between cuts, or thereabouts.

Eric is has to be pretty long, I've had it up like that a few times but fuck me it takes a lot of hair. It's tough because mine is so fucking thick too. It weighs a ton :(

NorthernChaosGod
03-03-2011, 05:20 AM
That's 11 months without a haircut? :confused: I would figure less.

Yar
03-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Cut and dyed every 3 weeks. :) I have a routine.

Jiro
03-03-2011, 06:57 AM
That's 11 months without a haircut? :confused: I would figure less.

I don't remember when I last got a haircut but it wouldn't have been that long ago. I usually cut it nearly all off too, but my hair grows so damn fast up until a point xD

fire_of_avalon
03-03-2011, 12:27 PM
I actually have another question, especially applicable to ladies with long hair, do you wash your hair before you go for a hair cut, or do you let them wash it there? Or do you do both? My hair today is kind of everywhere and embarrassing so I'm pretty sure I'm going to wash it before I have it cut. Of course then I have to wait for it to dry, and that takes like 4 hours... ugh.

spirit
03-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Being a forum, I seriously thought that this would be about wrists...

Rye
03-03-2011, 01:48 PM
I get my hair cut maybe every 3 months. I should go more but I haven't the time. I do go in for a bang trim more frequently, though, or else I would be blind behind my hair.

Clo
03-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't wash my hair before going to the hair salon. It feels so good when they wash it! And it becomes so soft! :) Also, I always figure no matter how dirty I feel like my hair feels, the hair dresser has probably touched worse hair.

Shlup
03-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I actually have another question, especially applicable to ladies with long hair, do you wash your hair before you go for a hair cut, or do you let them wash it there? Or do you do both? My hair today is kind of everywhere and embarrassing so I'm pretty sure I'm going to wash it before I have it cut. Of course then I have to wait for it to dry, and that takes like 4 hours... ugh.
I let them wash it. For the past three years I've been going to the ~fancy~ salon and the stuff they use is so pleasant to sniff. And they do a peppermint scalp massage.

My hair wasn't that dirty when I went in yesterday though. I think I washed it two days before. I usually wash it every other day.

Being a forum, I seriously thought that this would be about wrists...

Uhm... whut?

escobert
03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
when I actually had someone else cut my hair back when I cared about having stylish hair, I'd let them wash it.

Unbreakable Will
03-04-2011, 01:54 AM
About every month, I hate getting it cut, when I get this job I intend to grow it out as long as I smurfing like. Its like a fro until it gets past my shoulders, then the weight of it straightens it out mostly and it looks great. :D

Jojee
03-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Once a year, sometimes less... @_@ I generally only cut my hair when it's really unhealthy due to mega split ends (I did this today), or when I'm really depressed and want to change my life and then I do something drastic which I generally regret later!

Raistlin
03-04-2011, 02:13 AM
Whenever it starts to get annoying.

drotato
03-04-2011, 02:28 AM
I'LL NEVER CUT MY HAIR AGAIN.

I really like it long. ;~;

Tavaryn
03-06-2011, 02:40 AM
I used to wear my hair in a ponytail halfway down my back, but now I keep it above my ears. It looks more Professional Quality. :smurf:

Jentleness
03-06-2011, 03:06 AM
Cut and dyed every 3 weeks. :) I have a routine.

I dye my hair every 3 weeks as well but I have it trimmed every 8 weeks. Since I am planning on looking for a new job, tomorrow I am going to get it cut short.

Slothy
03-06-2011, 03:23 AM
Once a month for me. Any longer and it starts getting annoying. Not to mention I kind of like the scalp massage and having someone else wash it. :D

Wolf Kanno
03-06-2011, 03:37 AM
Once a month, I got an Akihiko style hair cut. :love:

Rantz
03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Not very often. In the past I've usually just gone with a "buzzcut, grow it way out, buzzcut again" routine, but lately I'm starting to think I might stay long-haired (ish, not ponytail long though) and take better care of it instead. Plus, there's just something about how your hair feels after a professional cut. I'm going for a trim on Thursday!

Christmas
03-07-2011, 11:11 PM
My target is to sweep the floor with my hair and cover my whole body with it! I wonder how long will it take!? :bigsmile:

Blue Harvest
03-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Its like a fro until it gets past my shoulders, then the weight of it straightens it out mostly and it looks great. :D

That's exactly what I figure would happen to mine if I ever had the patience to grow it out. Unfortunately I do not, so it gets cut when my afro-ness starts to annoy me. Usually about every six months or so.

kotora
03-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Once my mullet grows too long. Which is about now. I need a haircut but I don't like having to spend a couple of hours of my time at a hairdresser.

spirit
03-08-2011, 09:08 PM
When it looks like I'm wearing a bird's nest on top my head, I cut my hair...well, I get it done professionally. That's dangerous work there cutting your own hair.

Levian
03-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Somewhere between 1 and 2 months, depends on how my hair looks in the back. I hate having long hair in the back >;o It feels like my name is Jonathan. (I once knew a guy named Jonathan with really ugly almost mullet-y hair)

I always have to tell the hairdresser to cut it shorter in the back. It probably doesn't look very good the first week or two, but once those weeks are powered through, it looks great. And at least I won't look like a Jonathan in only 3 weeks. Ugh.

spirit
03-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah *BEEP* those Jonathans!:mad2: Who do they think they are to ever even be born to get such a lousy name!? Jonathan smucks! And their hair! Seriously WTF!?

kotora
03-08-2011, 11:32 PM
I think the spirit's broken.

spirit
03-09-2011, 02:43 AM
I think the spirit's broken.
I just have different sides. I wasn't sure what was happening in that moment.

Shattered Dreamer
03-09-2011, 03:05 AM
I normally get mine cut every 4-6 months to keep it at a medium length, then decided I wanted to grow it long like when I still in secondary/high school. One morning I decided I was sick of it again & blade 3'd the sucker & I love my hair now. I think very short is now the order the times! I'm even considering shaving my head bald in the summer just for the $hit's & giggles :bigsmile:

DMKA
03-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Success!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/ShlupQuack/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo0298.jpg

I feel much better.

Since when are there Panera Breads in California?

I get mine cut like once every two months. I should get it cut soon. I have a giant mexifro right now.