PDA

View Full Version : New Char Question

FFIX Choco Boy
03-02-2011, 11:28 PM
So I finally grabbed my brother's version of FFXIV, and I was excited to make a new character since I heard it was free. I logged into his account, and I saw his character sitting there, along with a bunch of empty slots beneath him. I looked and looked, and I can't find out where to make a new character for myself, and so I wanted to ask here, figuring if anyone knew you guys would. So, anyone else having this problem? Anyone know a way around it?

Jiro
03-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I haven't a clue, but did you try "loading" one of the empty slots? Perhaps that's the trick.

Mirage
03-03-2011, 06:08 PM
You hav eto purchase new content IDs on the web-based control panel. As far as I know, extra characters are free as well while the current free-to-play thing is in effect. After that, prepare to pay 3 bucks for each extra character.

I think it's ridiculous and dumb, and only serves to prevent people who know people on several servers to play with all of them. I sure as hell won't pay extra for something I think should be free, and if I have to, i'll just have to not play with those other friends, or just quit.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh, I see. I got it now, thanks Mirage. I thought they'd done away with the extra chars = extra $ thing.