PDA

View Full Version : Smells Like Lonny BoB Spirit

Rye
03-03-2011, 01:51 PM
My room has the ionic computer smell quite often in the winter due to lack of open windows; I hate it and I feel like such a man-child to be in a room that smells of it, so I've invested in many scents to spray around. My favorite is apparently "New Zealand scented." It doesn't smell like Lonny BoB having his way with three sheep, however, so I'm inclined to disagree with the name. :shobon:

If you could have the scent of any member of the forum in your room, who would you choose and why?

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2011, 02:11 PM
You should probably air it out a few times, reduces the amount of radon (creates ionizing radiation) in your room.

Jiro
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Such a strange question. I imagine Miriel would smell pretty nice (:freak:) so perhaps Miriel.

Loony BoB
03-03-2011, 02:17 PM
It doesn't smell like Lonny BoB having his way with three sheep, however, so I'm inclined to disagree with the name. :shobon:
How do you know? You could be surprised with what kind of smells me and three sheep can conjure up in the right mood.

Unbreakable Will
03-03-2011, 02:26 PM
This is quite possibly the oddest thread, well...no, there is that ear thread about Julian's ears.
I'd probably go with Shlup, she seems like a lady who would smell nice. :p

Loony BoB
03-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Just noticed I missed the topic at hand.

Of the people I haven't met (it's cheating if it's those I have met), it would probably be a tie between Miriel (because she just seems like the kind of girl that takes care of herself in such ways) or Rye (because the smells around her remind me of three sheep).

Del Murder
03-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah, she smells pretty good. But that's for my nose only!

I don't know who else I would want to smell. Probably no one. I know there are a few people I definitely don't want to smell. Some members here give off the indication that they don't bathe regularly. Just a vibe I get.

Shoeberto
03-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah, she smells pretty good. But that's for my nose only!

I don't know who else I would want to smell. Probably no one. I know there are a few people I definitely don't want to smell. Some members here give off the indication that they don't bathe regularly. Just a vibe I get.
Well fuck you, water is expensive, and I'm not dipping into my Cheeto fund just to please you.

Peegee
03-03-2011, 03:56 PM
The question itself is incredibly creepy so in the spirit of compliance I will say....

yarbles. Or kishi.

Madame Adequate
03-03-2011, 04:30 PM
NOT RYE CHRIST ALIVE IT'S LIKE LIVING IN AUSCHWITZ IF THE NAZIS USED METHANE GAS

Caboose
03-03-2011, 04:35 PM
You should probably air it out a few times, reduces the amount of radon (creates ionizing radiation) in your room.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't ionizing radiation harmless to him unless the ionizing radiation is ingested or inhaled in a high enough dose to cause severe cellular damage and necrosis. And these are extremely high levels I'm talking about.

Loony BoB
03-03-2011, 04:37 PM
NOT RYE CHRIST ALIVE IT'S LIKE LIVING IN AUSCHWITZ IF THE NAZIS USED METHANE GAS
Oh. More 'three cows' than 'three sheep', huh? What a let-down. :(

Rantz
03-03-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Breine probably smells as good as he looks.

Agent Proto
03-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I'd imagine that both ShlupQuack and Marshall Banana would have a nice smell of strawberry to them!

Yar
03-03-2011, 05:57 PM
You know, I thought about it for a while, and I'm pretty sure a lot of you smell funky anyway.

Eau d'Bunny plz

Shlup
03-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Computers have a smell?

I smell like PEZ.

Miriel
03-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Del Murder likes me the best when I reek of the smell of meat. Nothing makes him happier than taking a big whiff of my hair and getting all that smokey grilled meatiness. It's kinda disturbing!

Freya
03-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I think monda would smell like strawberries and gummi bears so I'll go with her.

Loony BoB
03-03-2011, 10:51 PM
All this talk of strawberries has made me decide to add Necronopticous to my list because he probably smells of bacon.

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2011, 10:56 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't ionizing radiation harmless to him unless the ionizing radiation is ingested or inhaled in a high enough dose to cause severe cellular damage and necrosis. And these are extremely high levels I'm talking about.

Small doses can accumulate over time and cause a multitude of problems. Radiation is not kind to your cells, a most notable example mutations in your DNA leading to cancer. A recently publicized article in Science even states that the dose of a single CT, which is considered harmless, can lead to disturbing amounts of cancer cases. There is a reason why Biological Radiation Dosimetry is calculated by integrating over 50 years.

In short, yes, you are wrong. Radiation = bad for you. But a better question is, why not air out your room every once in a while? It takes a whole of 3 minutes.

Shlup
03-03-2011, 10:56 PM
All this talk of strawberries has made me decide to add Necronopticous to my list because he probably smells of bacon.

Now that Monda lives with him, their apartment probably smells amazing.

NorthernChaosGod
03-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Definitely Shlup. :jokey:

Unbreakable Will
03-04-2011, 12:06 AM
PEZ? :love:

Caboose
03-04-2011, 12:19 AM

Small doses can accumulate over time and cause a multitude of problems. Radiation is not kind to your cells, a most notable example mutations in your DNA leading to cancer. A recently publicized article in Science even states that the dose of a single CT, which is considered harmless, can lead to disturbing amounts of cancer cases. There is a reason why Biological Radiation Dosimetry is calculated by integrating over 50 years.

In short, yes, you are wrong. Radiation = bad for you. But a better question is, why not air out your room every once in a while? It takes a whole of 3 minutes.

I didn't say it wasn't bad, I simply meant the amount that they could be exposed to would not be sufficient to do them any permanent harm. Besides the penetrative characteristics of most types of radiation are inversely proportional to ioniztion ability. So the more ionizing the less it is capable of penetrating.
And I agree, why not air out the room once in a while? It must stink unless there is a fecal factory next door.

escobert
03-04-2011, 12:22 AM
I don't know what you all smell like!

Jiro
03-04-2011, 03:58 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Breine probably smells as good as he looks.

That's a good point but I am hesitant because he does go to an awful lot of festivals and while I don't want to sound judging, you don't really smell good at festivals. Any other time, sure, Breine is probably smelling awesome.

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Breine's a hippy? o_O

drotato
03-04-2011, 05:24 AM
AH THIS IS SO WEIRD.

But honestly, I'm gonna go with Rantz, cause he looks like he actually takes care of himself, and probably smells like Scandinavian awesomeness. :monster:

Or, actually... For some reason, I imagine Rantz smelling like applesauce. ;~;

Hollycat
03-04-2011, 05:28 AM
Freya
she smell like eggz

G13
03-04-2011, 05:32 AM
Cuchulainn. I've seen those Irish Spring commercials. Irish Spring is amazing.

Although in this particular case it's probably a mixture of sweat and whiskey. But a man can dream, though. A man can dream...

fire_of_avalon
03-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Sweat and whiskey is good enough for me.

Hollycat
03-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Sweaty wookies are good enough for me.

This is how I read it the first time.

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Sweaty wookies are good enough for me.

This is how I read it the first time.

You rang?

Rantz
03-04-2011, 10:08 AM
AH THIS IS SO WEIRD.

But honestly, I'm gonna go with Rantz, cause he looks like he actually takes care of himself, and probably smells like Scandinavian awesomeness. :monster:

Or, actually... For some reason, I imagine Rantz smelling like applesauce. ;~;

Now I want to try applesauce perfume.

drotato
03-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Now I want to try applesauce perfume.

:bigsmile:

Aerith's Knight
03-04-2011, 10:13 AM

I didn't say it wasn't bad, I simply meant the amount that they could be exposed to would not be sufficient to do them any permanent harm. Besides the penetrative characteristics of most types of radiation are inversely proportional to ioniztion ability. So the more ionizing the less it is capable of penetrating.
And I agree, why not air out the room once in a while? It must stink unless there is a fecal factory next door.

Radon is considered the second leading cause of lung cancer and leading environmental cause of cancer mortality. 1 in 20.000 people dies of radon radiation in the Netherlands, and our background radiation is half that in the U.S.

And while it is true that alpha particles do not penetrate as far as beta or gamma particles, radon is an odorless, colourless, noble gas. Which you will inhale, ergo the lung cancer.

Iceglow
03-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure you know, this is a tough and weird question. Frankly I like how my room smells as it is (I use a pretty neutral air fresherner/odor neutraliser but it generally will smell like fruits such as Kiwi or apple because I like to eat those regulary) I would say it's gonna have to be someone like Shlup because most teachers even supply teachers have to have a minimum standard of cleanliness.

On a side note, what would your smell be like? Personally with me it's probably going to be something like CKone or CKin2u for men because I wear that aftershave pretty much exclusively.

drotato
03-04-2011, 10:47 AM
On a side note, what would your smell be like?

I smell like shampoo and lovely soaps/bodywash. I use this oceany stuff, and it smells so wonderful! :bigsmile:
And not often, but sometimes if I feel like it, whatever perfume I happen to put on. xD

Loony BoB
03-04-2011, 11:24 AM
I smell like either: Sweat, Nivea For Men (I think?) Silver Protect or Head and Shoulders mixed with Imperial Leather, depending on how recently since I showered, worked, sprayed, etc.

Aerith's Knight
03-04-2011, 11:57 AM
I smell like: Rexona for men, Swimming pools (rexona changes sweat into something chlorine smelling), mint extract (shampoo), and a personal smell I have no idea to describe, but I sometimes catch a wiff of it when I plump down on my pillow.

kotora
03-04-2011, 12:13 PM
From what I hear Shiny smells like delicious chocolate and caramel.

Caboose
03-04-2011, 12:47 PM

Radon is considered the second leading cause of lung cancer and leading environmental cause of cancer mortality. 1 in 20.000 people dies of radon radiation in the Netherlands, and our background radiation is half that in the U.S.

And while it is true that alpha particles do not penetrate as far as beta or gamma particles, radon is an odorless, colourless, noble gas. Which you will inhale, ergo the lung cancer.

You and your cancer rants. :p

fire_of_avalon
03-04-2011, 01:12 PM
I smell like pomegranates? That's what my bodywash says. I don't think it smells like actual pomegranates.

Jiro
03-04-2011, 01:22 PM
I smell like Miami according to my deodorant. Any folks from Miami out here? I bought it because of that "I'm in Miami bitch" song. Tough choices call for tough criteria.

Hollycat
03-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I smell like nacho cheese, can you figure out why?

Aerith's Knight
03-04-2011, 02:51 PM
You and your cancer rants. :p

It's not about cancer. It's about.. well.. this:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Unbreakable Will
03-04-2011, 03:19 PM
You know that awesome black dude on the Old Spice commercials? Well I smell like him. I love their bodywash :D

Breine
03-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Breine's a hippy? o_O

I guess I sorta am. My friends have started teasing me for being a hipster, though.. so who knows xD

That's a good point but I am hesitant because he does go to an awful lot of festivals and while I don't want to sound judging, you don't really smell good at festivals. Any other time, sure, Breine is probably smelling awesome.

Hahah, you guys! :aimkiss: but no, I definitely don't smell good when I'm on festivals. That's for sure!

Loony BoB
08-04-2022, 05:53 PM
SOMEONE keeps bumping them!

Xaven
08-05-2022, 03:32 AM
I’ll take a Christmas scented candle. (The member, not the holiday). It would smell like 10 year old dusty threads.

Christmas
08-05-2022, 05:49 AM
BoB, stop bumping threads about you! :mymelbert: