PDA

View Full Version : weapon upgrade help?

Marky Tee
03-03-2011, 05:13 PM
ok so i'm just a bit lost with how to transform weapons

i know you have to use a catalyst but how do i do this?
and do i have to get each weapon up to a certain level first?

dumb question i know but thanks to anyone who helps

Tuhkasieni
03-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Hey you!
Lol I know the feeling, when I played FF13 for the first time I didn't understand a thing. XD

So, how should I explain this, have you tried upgrading anything yet?

To use a catalyst you need to fully upgrade a 1 or 2 tier weapon. (Go to the save point and choose Upgrade ->Weapon - and choose the weapon you want to upgrade) I would suggest you to farm admantoise or admanchelid and do missions to get money and good weapons. All the weapons need a certain amount of EXP and a good EXP source is unlocking the R&D Depot store and buy ultracompact reactors (they cost 50,000gil each :(() and also buy sturdy bones from the creature comforts store. You first need to use sturdy bones (i dont remember, i think you need like 40 or 50?) to increase the EXP gained from the ultracompact reactor by 3x - then use the ultracompact reactor. I think the EXP from the ultracompact reactor is around 60000-130000... Im not sure XD... And 2 and 3 tier weapons demand much more EXP than first tier weapons...

And I suggest that you start fully upgrading your weapons after chapter 11 or after beating the game :) There are alot of good guides on the internet also!

I hope this helped, sorry if you cant understand my really terrible tutorial... my english sucks XDD :D

Loony BoB
03-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Which point in the game are you at?

Sephiroth
03-03-2011, 08:33 PM
ok so i'm just a bit lost with how to transform weapons

i know you have to use a catalyst but how do i do this?
and do i have to get each weapon up to a certain level first?

dumb question i know but thanks to anyone who helps

It is really quite simple. You should have no problem with it if you pay attention to what your items are.

Organic items will increase your Multiplier, unorganic items exist to give you more Experience Points. Some items don't give you much Experience Points even though they don't increase your Multiplier. Those are the items which should be sold for Gil. The Item Description tells you that they can be sold very good. And catalysts do not exits for the main purpose of selling them or to use them for Experience Points, the can be used for the fitting weapons and accessory - and so of course only the fitting catalyst - in case the equipment has reached a "*" (star) level. Catalyst Items are also described as Catalyst Items in the Item Description so don't worry. But if it should be sold or if it is a Catalyst Item is the last sentence in the description so you have to read all of it. Of course I could give you a list of the Catalyst Items if you want to, then you don't need to find it out on your own but finding it out on your own is no problem.

magemasher
03-07-2011, 08:42 PM
There is a chart online that tells you which tells you which components suit which weapon/armour best. Take a look on FF wiki.