PDA

View Full Version : *ting* OH HEY DOG FOOD YEAH!

rubah
03-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Okay so, we recently covered conditioning in Psychology, right? (godddddddd so many freshmen in that class. I'VE HAD IT WITH YOUR PEP AND ENTHUSIASM)

I just posted this on my facebook, but I'm VERY CONVINCED that I have accidentally Pavlov!style conditioned myself to get sleepy after drinking alcohol.

I mean, one 12oz margarita doesn't sound like that much, right? I wasn't even going to order one, but the waiter brought it by accident! IT WAS LIKE A SIGN FROM DIOS.

So anyway, I'm pretty sleepy right now, and my body is like 'shutttttttt down for the niiiiiiiiight just take a nice little naaaaaaaaaapppppp' but my mind is like 'you need to showerrrrrrrrrrrr and maybe do some gradddddddddddddddddinggggggggggggggggg and kiss that cat omg that cat.'

So I'm conflicted.

And conditioned.

(we've also been discussing memory, and holy fuck I heard this ad on the radio today for a low income tax helper group, and I was thinking about the length that info can remain in shortterm memory, and for some reason, I thought I'd try to remember the webaddress, and I totally did.
laalitc.com I AM MEGA AWESOME AT PSYCHOLOGY)

Bunny
03-04-2011, 03:30 AM
You're just a super lightweight.

Shoeberto
03-04-2011, 03:31 AM
I've never been 100% sure if I have sleeping problems that make me be tired during the day, or if my body is just conditioned to become tired during the day because I've gotten into the habit of taking naps during the day after so many years. Mental conditioning is a weird thing.

rubah
03-04-2011, 03:38 AM
I danced to this to where I am not even buzzed anymore.
dancing tunes (http://cdn.anyhub.net/thebest404pageever/swf/yiffer.swf)

Jojee
03-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Just having a beer can make me sleepy. Even if I never even get tipsy, I just get sleepy... oddly enough, if I drink more, then I can put off the sleepiness for a while and I get friendly and hyper instead. So I've just gotta keep drinking if I don't wanna fall asleep during a night xD

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Like Bunny, I'm just seeing a lot of "I can't handle alcohol" in this thread.

Unbreakable Will
03-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Silly lightweights :roll2

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2011, 05:33 AM
We should have EoFF beer olympics.

Bunny
03-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Beer is gross.

rubah
03-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Why would I want to handle alcohol if I can have just as much fun for a fraction of the price?~ I'm not out to impress anyone!

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Beer is gross.

Your mother.

KentaRawr!
03-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Psychology in my class, too. =)

You've "Pavlov" conditioned yourself, and have been "Pavlov" conditioned for your whole life. :p

Edit: By the way I'm super lightweight, too.

spirit
03-08-2011, 09:36 PM
LOL, another thread of the same variety. I can hold it well for a short guy who doesn't weight ENOUGH as you expect he needed to drink as much as he shouldn't drink but does anyways, without dying , or passing out on the spot...

So I can take it, I'm not saying I can fake not being drunk but I can keep it together, unless I get as drunk as that one night and drink , the number I'm going with, seven full glasses of vodka in what seems too short of a time.

Bunny
03-09-2011, 12:26 AM
You've "Pavlov" conditioned yourself, and have been "Pavlov" conditioned for your whole life.

It's not really conditioning at all.