PDA

View Full Version : Distractions

Unbreakable Will
03-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Smurf. I set out to clean and do laundry today, but keep getting distracted by a variety of things, like the wonderful world of EoFF. I have a very short attention span and it sometimes gets on my nerves because I'll get so distracted that I nearly forget what it is I'm supposed to be doing.
Do you get distracted easily?

Jojee
03-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I get distracted mega-easily, but it's more procrastination. Like right now, I'm procrastinating from real life by posting here. :mog:

Yar
03-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Yes.

I hate when I get distracted and leave something uncompleted. Usually it's something really insignificant that gets in my way and I lose foc

Shlup
03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
We are children of the digital age--all of our attention spans are shot to hell from a young age. I very rarely stick to one thing for even ten minutes.

Jiro
03-06-2011, 06:57 AM
I just multitask so I don't get distracted that easily.

Unbreakable Will
03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
No fair Dakoda, it's that Aussie instinct to go about your day while staying alert for vicious koala's that has trained you. :colbert:

drotato
03-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Yes.

I hate when I get distracted and leave something uncompleted. Usually it's something really insignificant that gets in my way and I lose foc

Hahahahaha! xDD
I'm sure no one else got this, because they didn't point it out... but I love you, Justy. xDDD

NorthernChaosGod
03-07-2011, 07:05 PM
I get super distracted whenever I'm doing homework, because I hate it. It really will take me like an hour to write out a page because I'll get an IM and hold a conversation or just get bored and check Facebook. :(

Hahahahaha! xDD
I'm sure no one else got this, because they didn't point it out... but I love you, Justy. xDDD
I got it, but pointing out the joke ruins it. :p

Blue Harvest
03-08-2011, 07:04 PM
I get distracted very eas-hey look a penny!

Anyhoo, as I was about to say, it doesn't take much to distract me from what I'm doing. One minute I'll be doing something and the next minute something will happen and I'll-ooft my foot itches :(

Ah that's better. Oh crap the blue thing is the middle of my keyboard just came off and now my arrow pointer is stuck to the right. Serves me right for-agh my bloody foot itches again :(

Psychotic
03-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Basically I am messing about with some html stuff and I wanted to use my avatar as a background image, so I thought "smurf it I can't be bothered to find a thread I posted in, I'll just go post in the first thread of General Chat" therefore every single word I have typed in this post was a distraction from my glorious goal, when I could've just typed "Nah" and be done with it.

edit: just went to the 2010 elections debate thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/eoff-elections-2010/131249-eoff-elections-2010-debate-thread.html) as I remember marshall banana having some good html hax in there and ended up reading all the debate entries and the entire thread.

edit2: and now that 2009 screen name tournament thread where the Shoeless Hobo lost, a lot of people had a huge whine and moan about it and then DK showed up and absolutely wrecked their :bou::bou::bou::bou: (http://forums.eyesonff.com/eoff-archived-awards/127489-fall-classic-screen-name-tournament-two-one-drama-winner-6.html). I had forgotten all about this.

Shiny
03-08-2011, 08:48 PM
What's GAGF

spirit
03-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Only when I'm not focused on something. Really, that's it, other wise I don't really mind being distracted, literally...

Jentleness
03-09-2011, 03:27 AM
Yes, that is why my doctor prescribed 60 CD mg of Metadate for me to take daily. :p

drotato
03-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Lol, shutup, Julian. (:<

spirit
03-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Yes, that is why my doctor prescribed 60 CD mg of Metadate for me to take daily. :p

That was clever.

escobert
03-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I don't get distracted, I get lazy :p

Christmas
03-09-2011, 09:59 PM

I bet you will get distracted if the girls inside your sig are all naked. :bigsmile:

escobert
03-09-2011, 10:26 PM

I bet you will get distracted if the girls inside your sig are all naked. :bigsmile:

Well I probably would is most any semi-attractive girl was naked in front of me :p

Jentleness
03-10-2011, 01:40 AM
That was clever.

Not sure how clever it was, I do know that I am able to sit and concentrate on all my tasks now, even the boring ones. That and I no longer both off the walls...as much! :p

spirit
03-10-2011, 01:46 AM
That was clever.

Not sure how clever it was, I do know that I am able to sit and concentrate on all my tasks now, even the boring ones. That and I no longer both off the walls...as much! :p
Meds always change me, my diet, my personality, so i couldn't stay with them. But, they clearly help alot of people. I choose to struggle off my meds. But honestly, I just need to be a little crazy...

Jentleness
03-10-2011, 02:16 AM
That was clever.

Meds always change me, my diet, my personality, so i couldn't stay with them. But, they clearly help alot of people. I choose to struggle off my meds. But honestly, I just need to be a little crazy...

I don't know if you've noticed this but, um, I'm still a little crazy...:goofy:

Honestly, other than the fact that I am no longer hyper beyond control, there has been little change. Which is sad, because I was hoping they would make me smarter! :shiny:

spirit
03-10-2011, 03:37 AM
Being smart isn't always the right thing to do. Some people arguably should have never been geniuses and would have been better off with a different set of tools.

Being smart, where as clearly not always, often makes life harder for every one else who isn't as smart...

And, also, look around some of our greatest minds have invented things that should have never been invented.

Over all I do think the greatest half of humanity is NOT ultimately defined by intelligence but rather soul, spirit, heart, things that can bring us all together and the same level and bring us together for a time, in peace, love, understanding.

Though I also see some great beauty in certain aspects of the dark sides of humanity. :)

Jentleness
03-10-2011, 04:22 AM
I just want to say that I was joking, however, I don't disagree with your assessment with what defines humanity. ;)

Iceglow
03-10-2011, 11:33 AM
What's GAGF

In response to this, GAGF = Go And Get Fucked.

In response to the thread...I just went and re-read those entire threads Paul posted. I guess I am very easily distracted. In fact it's well known that distracting me doesn't take much. I can multi-task fairly well for a guy but still distractions are distractions. Ironically, leaving me alone to get on with something means my mind will make itself a distraction to help it cope with the mundane level of the task to hand. My boss finds it easier to leave me to have a small convo with someone whilst working than to actually come down on me for it. She once tried to stop me from doing so and I somehow ended up getting even less work done than with the minor distractions.