PDA

View Full Version : I can't watch videos on Youtube anymore.

Wolf Kanno
03-04-2011, 07:35 PM
So a few months back, I lost the ability to watch any videos in Full screen mode from a webpage, and now I can't even watch the videos anymore starting last night. I get either a blackscreen with a few colored lines scrambled about or nothing at all, even the play/stop icons have disappeared though I can still interact with them. I still get audio with no problems I just seem to have lost all picture. Any suggestions?

I already updated Flash Player and Divx. I'm also working on Windows XP if that might have something to do with it.

Rantz
03-04-2011, 07:49 PM
It might be a problem with your graphics card's driver. I would try updating it.

Is this just Youtube or all streaming video sites? What about other Flash applications, such as games?

Wolf Kanno
03-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't play too many flash games, but it does look like Unicorn Attack is far more sluggish than usual and its frame rate dropped.

Rantz
03-04-2011, 09:09 PM
What browser are you using? You may want to try updating to the latest version. That and updating display drivers would be my suggestion.

Wolf Kanno
03-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I updated my driver to a new one and I was able to see video again but the quality was rather poor and it had a hard time making out lettering. The Interface section of videos looked really bad. Then I checked to see if there were and Windows update for the driver and installed it and now I'm back to the issue of being unable to see video. :(