PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.16 - My thoughts

Loony BoB
03-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Wow, that's a lot of change. Okay. Let's see. I'm doing this from the viewpoint of a crafter who does a bit of battle, but has nothing over rank 20.

I've seen the pictures of the enlarged mobs. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, giant dodos? There seem to be various viewpoints on it. Some people feel it's all too comical, others feel it's closer to what you could expect in other Final Fantasy games where you can face up to huge enemies on a regular basis. For me, it's just that they did it with dodos which is a little odd. But I'm sure other enemies look better when bigger, so okay.

I hear they took away the 'follow' and 'flee' aspects of all mobs, too. I have very mixed feelings about this. I thought that it was a really interesting aspect which made the world just that little bit more immersive, and immersion is something there isn't too much of. But on the other hand, when you're fighting things it can be annoying, obviously. Still... I do hope they bring it back for some[i] mobs. Sort of like linking enemies in FFXI, it makes some battles very different which allows for people to actually be a bit tactical in the game.

The synthesis process has changed a lot and I LOVE IT. It's [i]so much faster to grind your synths. Fantastic! This is great for me because until they improve more things, all I will do is the odd grind when I'm bored to help me level up my crafting in particular so that I can help all the EoFFers who join in when it does get good!

I would tell you about sidequests but so far I've not found any. From what I understand, they are not having the desired effect of adding immersion, telling stories about individual NPCs, etc. They're just 'Get N of X by killing N of Z'.

EDIT: The removal of the slowdown when you go 'through' other people? Thankyou!