PDA

View Full Version : What worlds would you like to see in the next KH?

Del Murder
03-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Don't limit yourself to just animated Disney features, Pirates and Tron were in KH2 after all! I would like to see a Mighty Ducks world, only for the cheese of it. I doubt it would actually be that good. It would also be cool to see a world based on the latest Disney feature, Tangled.

Oh! And Mary Poppins might actually be a fun world to visit as well. I think the interactions there would fit into the KH story nicely.

And of course, Pixar worlds would be awesome, like Toy Story or Monsters Inc.

Ouch!
03-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Being that this will be the first numbered title launch since Disney acquired Pixar completely, I'm holding out for at least one or two Pixar worlds. Toy Story and Monsters Inc. lead the pack there, I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tron makes a return a la Tron Legacy except that perhaps CLU would be a copy of Sora instead of Flynn.

Tangled's another good one.

Since the Hunchback of Notre Dame is going to be in KH3D, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in KH3 as well.

Other than that? Fantasia, The Sword in the Stone, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, The Black Cauldron, and maybe The Emperor's New Groove. There's even more than that in Disney's Animated Canon, but I imagine that those are the ones that would work most nicely.

Del Murder
03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Robin Hood would be a good one!

Mercen-X
03-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Tron Space Paranoids
The Hunchback of Notre Dame opt. "de Paris"
Fantasia Mysterious Tower
The Sword in the Stone Camelot or Britain
The Jungle Book Deep Jungle
Robin Hood Nottingham or England or Britain tying in with Arthur
The Black Cauldron Caer Dallben or Prydain
The Emperor's New Groove Kuzcotopia or Peru

Jiro
03-06-2011, 04:14 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing The Emperor's New Groove and Robin Hood, I enjoyed both of those. There's ample material for fresh worlds though.

Jessweeee♪
03-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Toy Story! It would be neat to see heartless designed with children's toys in mind.

Wolf Kanno
03-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Is it sad that once we do Hunchback, we've hit most of my fave Disney films, Jungle Book and Sword in the Stone would be nice and I can't say I wouldn't mind Oliver and Company for something completely different. More Fantasia elements would be cool, most people don't even remember Black Cauldron and it was honestly not very good, but Great Mouse Detective would be pretty awesome. I can dig Emperor's New Groove but I don't think it would be as fun as the movie cause most of what made that movie great was the dialogue and witty banter. I wouldn't mind retracing the Disney Princess worlds, cause BBS certainly made me realize I like those worlds more than I thought I did.

I'm also never been in love with Pixar as most people here are, especially Toy Story, which I never liked (Monster's Inc. would be cooler) so for me, I would honestly prefer them to reach out to their Television series. I want Disney Castle to suddenly have Duckburg attached to it, or bring in the Aladdin TV series villains instead of trying to resurrect Jafar for a third time and force us to do the same Agrabah/Cave of Wonders nonsense for a fifth time. Gargoyles would be pretty cool but it doesn't really fit KH style. My point is, if they insist on keeping some of the more popular Disney films like Aladdin, Hercules, and Little Mermaid, maybe it's time to start expanding into the TV series to pull up some more variety in tales that can be told.

I'm also for Mary Poppins to return but I say we ditch Pirates of the Caribbean, cause god did that world suck in KHII.

Jessweeee♪
03-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Those pirates were my least favorite enemy in the game :|

DMKA
03-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Pocahontas world! Call it "The New World" and make enemies with little muskets and steel helmets and tomahawks and feathers. Pocahontas uses wind powers and animals to fight. :D

Roogle
03-14-2011, 07:58 PM
That sounds funny. I would love a Pocahontas world, too. It certainly has the mystical nature that would fit well with the story of the series. I hope they would make Pocahontas playable rather than John Smith or making it a musical level like Atlantica or something like that.

Depression Moon
03-14-2011, 08:55 PM
A world for the Hunchback of Notre Dame of course. I'm expecting Hallow Bastion to Return. I also want Beast to come back in some way. I didn't mind the Pirate's world and wouldn't mind it returning. I think we're through with Atlantica and Olympus will probably come back as the world with the battle arena again.

making it a musical level like Atlantica
No.

Marry Poppins to appear as a boss or summon, preferably both. If I had to choose...boss.

Tron was pretty cool and they might go with it given the new movie. Let's get a Pixar movie in their too. The only one that I like the idea of for this game would be the Toy Stories.

qwertysaur
03-17-2011, 05:03 PM
The Great Mouse Detective needs a world.

I can see Pocahontas, Tangled, and the Princess and the Frog as some of the new worlds, they are the only three Disney princesses who have not appeared yet. :p

DMKA
03-17-2011, 11:44 PM
The Great Mouse Detective needs a world.

I can see Pocahontas, Tangled, and the Princess and the Frog as some of the new worlds, they are the only three Disney princesses who have not appeared yet. :p

A Princess and the Frog world could be fun. Fighting voodoo doll heartless!

I wonder what a Great Mouse Detective world would be like? Hopefully free of creepy sexually provocative dancing mice.

Mercen-X
03-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Marry Poppins to appear as a boss...

I vomit. I would not want Mary Poppins in the game... at least not as more than a cameo like Merlin. Mary Poppins as a required fight would also cause my eyes to retreat into my skull and down my throat to drench themselves in the acidic bile of my gut. The closest thing this movie had to a Big Bad was the owner of the bank.

The Princess and the Frog and Tangled would probably work though.

Vyk
03-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm curious, since I haven't played all the way through any of these games, have they ever even toyed with the idea of creating a Square-Enix themed world? The games were supposed to be a hybrid between Square and Disney. But in my experience its just Disney and characters created for the games, with a few Square cameos thrown in. Why not take Donald and Goofy and team up with Frog to battle Magus or save the princess/Marle through a time zone or two? I realize Square's worlds are way too fleshed out on their own to make for a simple level, but it wouldn't be a big deal to make a level out of Midgar or Balamb Garden (excluding the fact that they were probably destroyed in the canon of KH, but they work as examples to the point at any rate)

Wolf Kanno
03-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Nomura has said that FF is playing only a cameo role and that FF will never have a real world, like the Disney worlds. Usually the FF characters are associated with one of the non-Disney worlds like Radiant Garden.

Honestly, the FF characters are kind of a moot group of characters and I feel games like 358/2 and BBS who either removed them entirely or only have one minor cameo have sort of proven the series really doesn't need them in the games cause they actually don't really do anything besides fan service. I actually wouldn't mind if Squenix just decided to finally purge them from the games entirely cause its not like Cloud or Squall have actually been doing anything relative to the story in any game they are featured in beyond the very first game.

Mercen-X
03-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Yes. Wait, no. I forgot what I was responding to.

Squeex is just cameo fodder. This is the reason I began to deconstruct Kingdom Hearts and reassemble it into my own creation. My version feels much more Squenixy than Kingdom Hearts ever will.

ShinGundam
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Yes. Wait, no. I forgot what I was responding to.

Squeex is just cameo fodder. This is the reason I began to deconstruct Kingdom Hearts and reassemble it into my own creation. My version feels much more Squenixy than Kingdom Hearts ever will.
Probably because this is a Disney game :p ?

TrollHunter
03-29-2011, 02:52 AM
I don't know what i would want to see that hasn't been covered yet. As long as I never have to set my virtual foot in the pirates world ever again I'll be happy.

Mercen-X
04-02-2011, 08:18 PM
You are Ted to me.

Heath
04-24-2011, 11:50 PM
I agree with Monsters Inc or Toy Story. I think the former would be great fun.

I know a lot of people didn't like Treasure Planet (I've never actually seen it), but from what I know of it, I could certainly see that being made into a good world.

Shaibana
06-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Im not that fond of the new Disney movies, and i strongly prefer the old ones.
though it problably wouldnt work out id say: The Lion King.
My favorite of all disney :P

I think KH should stay in Cartoons (so no thron or POTC :P)
i have only played Birth By Sleep (still bussy with it:)), but the first think i noticed whas the lack of FF characters. Only Zack is there?
so i would love to see more FF characters

TrollHunter
06-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Im not that fond of the new Disney movies, and i strongly prefer the old ones.
though it problably wouldnt work out id say: The Lion King.
My favorite of all disney :P

I think KH should stay in Cartoons (so no thron or POTC :P)
i have only played Birth By Sleep (still bussy with it:)), but the first think i noticed whas the lack of FF characters. Only Zack is there?
so i would love to see more FF characters

They did the lion king in kh2 :o

Shaibana
06-03-2011, 09:23 PM
aah ke.. well than i would like them to go there again in a ps3/psp version xD haha

LikeaLion
06-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I know a lot of people didn't like Treasure Planet (I've never actually seen it), but from what I know of it, I could certainly see that being made into a good world.

That would be interesting to see.

It would be a lot of fun to see worlds and characters from other movies like:

The Black Cauldron
The Rescuers
Tangled
Atlantis
Aristocats
Sword in the Stone
Oliver and Company
Pocahontas
Robin Hood

I doubt they would put all of those in KH3. But, it would be nice to see at least some of them.

TrollHunter
06-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Is oliver and company referring to oliver and the giant peach? (I cant even remember if thats disney) If so that would be quite strange indeed
I'm surprised robin hood has yet to be done though

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2011, 04:28 AM
You're thinking James and the Giant Peach. Oliver and Company was an awesome 80s Disney animated flick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_%26_Company) which was basically a modern version of Oliver Twist with animals.

It had a great soundtrack too. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb7kJ-j_dKA)

TrollHunter
06-11-2011, 06:26 PM
You're thinking James and the Giant Peach. Oliver and Company was an awesome 80s Disney animated flick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_%26_Company) which was basically a modern version of Oliver Twist with animals.

It had a great soundtrack too. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb7kJ-j_dKA)

Whoops my bad, thanks for clearing that up. I may just pick it up during this boring summer

Mercen-X
06-18-2011, 10:51 PM
I agree with Monsters Inc or Toy Story. I think the former would be great fun.

I actually saw Treasure Planet (which is a sci-fi Disney riff on Treasure Island) and I thought it was a pretty good movie (sometimes I confuse it with Titan A.E.), also I thought the game was mildly entertaining as well (yes, there was a game, though I feel they could have done more with than they offered).

I don't know so much right now about adding new worlds to KH. I started to come with this idea that Disney should start marketing new installments to movies like Little Mermaid, Tron, Lion King, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc. Anything included in Kingdom Hearts but only the movies in which Sora's physical form was significantly altered. The reason I say these should be made is for the sole (and to some cynical others, stupid by default) reason of including Sora as a cameo appearance. I'd really like to see Sora appear in a real Lion King, Tron, or Nightmare Before Christmas movie. I'm a little less concerned with Little Mermaid (Sora is a frickin' Dolphin-thing). I think the only other world in which Sora changed was in Timeless River and I wouldn't mind seeing Sora cameo in a few older-style Disney cartoons with "wiry" Mickey.
Yep, that's me.

Ashtoro
06-19-2011, 03:11 AM
Great Mouse Detective would be pretty awesome, with Robin Hood close behind. Maybe a 101 Dalmations world (I don't remember the story enough to know if that would work).

I agree that using live-action movies were kind of off and ought be avoided.

As for Pixar games... we could totally go for Wall-E, right? You would help Wall-E and EVE out and eventually fight the autopilot as a boss so they can get the thing that accepts the plant open up. And who wouldn't want EVE as a party member??

TrollHunter
06-19-2011, 06:15 AM
I just want auron back as a party member, he made up for goofy's mental retardation with his awesome factor.

Polnareff
06-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Toy Story and Emperor's New Groove. That's pretty much it. No more Pirates of the Caribbean please; that was a pretty dumb idea in the first place. :|

Yeah, I'm not much of a Disney fan. As long as they keep Hannah Montana the hell out and maybe put in more FF references, I'll be gold.

Shaibana
06-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Toy Story and Emperor's New Groove. That's pretty much it. No more Pirates of the Caribbean please; that was a pretty dumb idea in the first place. :|

Yeah, I'm not much of a Disney fan. As long as they keep Hannah Montana the hell out and maybe put in more FF references, I'll be gold.

'r u kidding me? :O they should totaly put in Hannah Montana....
But only if u get to kill her in it :D

SuperMillionaire
07-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Kim Possible, Treasure Planet, and (I hope this doesn't conflict with Atlantica) Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I'll think of some more later.

Loony BoB
07-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I've never played a KH game for more than a few minutes and am not bothered by future games at present, but I just thought I'd throw in "Toon Town" from Who Framed Roger Rabbit anyway. Not sure if it would be feasible, but so long as the various characters (Jessica Rabbit included, of course :)) are included.

Del Murder
07-08-2011, 05:37 PM
That would indeed be awesome. Does Warner Bros. own the rights to Roger Rabbit though?

Loony BoB
07-08-2011, 07:53 PM
From what I can tell, it seems to be a mixture of Disney, Spielberg and some other company. But mostly Disney.

Mercen-X
07-09-2011, 08:11 PM
You know? They would probably call it either Toon Town or San Francisco and include the ability to travel to both cities. So you'd be able to meet up with Marvin Acme (before he croaks), Eddie Valiant, R.K. Maroon, and Judge Doom. Personally, I WASN'T terribly disappointed with the presentation of Port Royal from Pirates and I wonder how they would present San Francisco. I'd love to fight alongside Eddie and his Toon Gun.