PDA

View Full Version : Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, or other spin offs, sequals and such

Northcrest
03-06-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm about to complete all the mainstrean final fantasies except for the mmorpgs (which i won't play). I still haven't played II yet. i've been looking at FFT WOTL which looks fun and thinking about playing FFIV TAY and FFCC series. Though one question. will the job system in tactics be like disgaea 'reincarnation' job system where you have to delete your character because i really hate that system. if someone can they should list the similarities and differences of the 2 games that would be great.

VeloZer0
03-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Tactics is like Disgaea but better in every way. (And I do love Disgaea). The job system is similar to FF5. You can turn any character in to any class. However, instead of having only one ability from another class equipped you get an action ability, counter ability, character ability and move ability. So there are so much more ways to mix and match abilities from different classes. Also abilities are learned by spending experience on them, so you can chose to save up JP and only learn the abilities you want from a class without having to level the class up to the max.

nirojan
03-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Tactics. DO IT! No I'm serious get the PSP version, I believe it's called War of the Lions, best version out right now. Then do yourself another favour and pick up Tactics Ogre. I never really got the appeal of the CC series, but it seems too juvenile/ Japanese-cheesy to me. As for spin-off advice: In Compiliation of FFVII, stay away from Dirge of Cerberus. Crisis Core is an excellent game and Advent Children (movie) isn't that bad. The only other spin-off's I know of is Ivalice Alliance (tactics and XII are a part of) and Fabula Nova Crystallis (only XIII's been released so far). If your planning on getting the PSP FFIV collection, I'm right there with you! I plan to get it on release so I'll tell you how it goes.

Northcrest
03-06-2011, 03:17 AM
So Velo being able to customize your characters is that only on the story characters you get or on also the the ones you create? Does anyone know if it WOTL will come out for PSN? I was hoping to download it instead of looking for it at a store.

Wolf Kanno
03-06-2011, 03:30 AM
FFT:WotL is pretty cheap if you find it. I figure any Gamestop near you would have it but I highly doubt Amazon will have it for more than $20.

The job class system applies to everyone, story characters and the generics, though most story characters get unique classes. There is no reincarnation system just FFV's job class system with the extras Velo mentioned. The job classes also determine what stats are raised as you level up, so keeping a character in Mage based classes will keep their physical ability low but raise their MP dramatically. You're equipment also plays a large role as many of them give HP/MP bonuses and other stat modifiers and buffs, if you have played FFXII, you have an idea of what to expect with equipment.

VeloZer0
03-06-2011, 03:33 AM
Story characters are all identical to generics except for the fact they each have a unique job class that replaces the squire job class, and that they don't change sprites when they class changes.

Don't know about WotL, but FFT Vanilla is on PSN.

Northcrest
03-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Alright good that makes more sense. thanks everybody.