PDA

View Full Version : Have fun while you can, World ends May 21st!

DMKA
03-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Seriously, CNN told me so. (http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/06/judgment.day.caravan/index.html?hpt=C1) There's also a billboard for it right down the street from my house.

Thoughts?

Psychotic
03-06-2011, 07:35 PM
They're wearing shirts with the word AWESOME written in Impact on them?

They're not Christians. They're internet trolls. I am onto their games. :colbert:

FFIX Choco Boy
03-06-2011, 07:38 PM
I think they're jealous of the aliens.

Rantz
03-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Kind of a waste of fossil fuels. At least it's a little entertaining.

I know it's absolutely true, because the Bible is always absolutely true.

Some ambassadors look for good corners to claim, as does a man dressed as a chicken who is here to announce his own awesome news: the opening of a nearby restaurant.

A pirate ship rolls up the street, blaring the hip-hop hit, "Party Like a Rockstar," by the Shop Boyz. College students bump and grind, raise their hands in the air and toss back beers. Two young men embrace in a passionate kiss.
On the other side of the parade route, 7-year-old Arianna is dancing, too. She's beside her sister, pressed against the barricade, screaming and reaching for flying beads. She's laughing. She's in the moment. She's being a kid.
Behind her stands her father, his face serious, his arms crossed.

Jentleness
03-06-2011, 08:01 PM

They're not Christians. They're internet trolls. I am onto their games. :colbert:

I am in total agreement. This is :bou: and these people will be the last ones to know when the world ends...actually, they may be the first to know, they just may not be able to tell anyone once the astroid lands on them (or other unforseeable disaster).

blackmage_nuke
03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Damn I have a doctors appointment that day

Loony BoB
03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I always wonder why the people do this kind of thing. It seems kind of detrimental to their cause. They want people to... repent? To give themselves to God before then, because that's all the time they have left? To magically believe because omg world is ending?

Firstly, if they don't believe now, why would they believe because you threw a date the world is ending on? They don't believe that's going to happen any day soon so why would a specific day in the next year suddenly change their mind?

Secondly, if they do happen to change the mind of someone, and they suddenly do believe... then on May 22nd, 2011, won't they be given yet another reason not to believe in the future?

Urgh.

fire_of_avalon
03-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Some people just want to be a part of something bigger than themselves. It's kind of sad.

G13
03-06-2011, 10:01 PM
From what I've read and understand from the Bible, it's pretty straightforward. I don't recall ever seeing this date stamped in there.

Personally, I'd rather not know when I'm going to die. I don't need that kind of stress, man.

Bunny
03-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I was wondering when another group of doomsday prophets was going to appear.

LunarWeaver
03-06-2011, 11:01 PM
It seems like God became shy after he finished a long phase of openly chit-chatting or killing everybody. Now he chooses random people to drive around and say stuff with no proof rather just do it himself. I feel like he really could use a nice pep talk to return his self-esteem.

blackmage_nuke
03-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Personally, I'd rather not know when I'm going to die. I don't need that kind of stress, man.

The Two Towers, Chapter 1

Unbreakable Will
03-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Doomsday party anyone? From tomorrow until said date that I'm not paying attention to because its complete :bou::bou::bou::bou: and these people are ridiculous. :beer:

drotato
03-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Again, I don't believe God is this smighty douchebag these guys are making him out to be. I think, all God wants to fucking do, is sit back, have a coke, and watch Friends. :colbert:

Jiro
03-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Doomsday party anyone? From tomorrow until said date that I'm not paying attention to because its complete :bou::bou::bou::bou: and these people are ridiculous. :beer:

I think you mean The Apocalypse Party (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/election/the_apocalypse_party).

G13
03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Again, I don't believe God is this smighty douchebag these guys are making him out to be. I think, all God wants to smurfing do, is sit back, have a coke, and watch Friends. :colbert:

Well I like to think that God has better taste in television than that.

Unbreakable Will
03-07-2011, 02:03 PM

I think you mean The Apocalypse Party (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/election/the_apocalypse_party).
Ah, good times that. :party:

Aerith's Knight
03-07-2011, 04:23 PM
http://johnsifferman.com/img/epic_facepalm.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
03-07-2011, 07:17 PM

xD Oh elections.

Again, I don't believe God is this smighty douchebag these guys are making him out to be. I think, all God wants to smurfing do, is sit back, have a coke, and watch Friends. :colbert:

Yeah! He'd probably watch Star Wars and root for the Stormtroopers.

Peegee
03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
If the end of the world is in May, why do I have canned peaches that expire in 2015?

NorthernChaosGod
03-08-2011, 12:50 AM
If the end of the world is in May, why do I have canned peaches that expire in 2015?

They outlast you.

Bunny
03-08-2011, 01:09 AM

Peaches are immune to Rapture.

Jiro
03-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Those peaches will be eaten by Super Muties.

Peegee
03-08-2011, 03:32 PM
God gets to eat my peaches n cream?

Unbreakable Will
03-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Little known fact, God smurfing loves peaches.

Remon
03-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh no. The world is going to end again.

Timekeeper
03-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Personally I more of a Mayan calender guy.
Hell, my phone calender is a weekly calender, so every Saturday night I have just a little bit of a freak out. I'm certainly not looking forward to that ominous date when my wall calender runs out :(

spirit
03-11-2011, 01:13 PM
In some ways I don't really care.

G13
03-11-2011, 02:16 PM
In all ways I don't really care.

If the world ends in my lifetime I'll take solace in the fact that no one else is going to survive either.

Though the thought of humanity being wiped away so easily is a bit of a disturbing one.

DMKA
03-11-2011, 02:57 PM
In all ways I don't really care.

If the world ends in my lifetime I'll take solace in the fact that no one else is going to survive either.

How many past generations can say they were there for the end?

Delicious acient ancestor tears.

Iceglow
03-11-2011, 07:19 PM

LOL but yes, impact is the source of all trolling.

I always wonder why the people do this kind of thing. It seems kind of detrimental to their cause. They want people to... repent? To give themselves to God before then, because that's all the time they have left? To magically believe because omg world is ending?

Firstly, if they don't believe now, why would they believe because you threw a date the world is ending on? They don't believe that's going to happen any day soon so why would a specific day in the next year suddenly change their mind?

Secondly, if they do happen to change the mind of someone, and they suddenly do believe... then on May 22nd, 2011, won't they be given yet another reason not to believe in the future?

Urgh.

I actually agree with you on this to an extent, however there is one fundamental flaw in the argument, well actually it's a fundamental flaw in their argument to make us repent for past sins. God is supposedly in the eyes of the Christian Church all forgiving. If God is all forgiving in the eyes of the church then really we don't actually need to repent for all our sins are already forgotten.

xD Oh elections.

Yeah! He'd probably watch Star Wars and root for the Stormtroopers.

If God is truly all powerful and thats a big if and if he rooted for the Stormtroopers then the Stormtroopers would win end of.

Now really if the worlds going to end in our lifetimes is there any point in worrying about it? Really, the world is going to get destroyed. We don't have interstellar spaceships capable of evacuating the place or even of building one in time to save less than a measly 1%. If the Earth was going to be destroyed by natural occurrence say, Armageddon style (the movie, alternatives include Deep Impact basically an asteroid/comet smashing in to the Earth) then we would know about the event taking place several weeks in advance and all normal life would probably grind to a tremendous halt and we could just live life like there will be no tomorrow in x many days time. In which case I would probably spend my last days doing things with my friends and say fuck my job, fuck taxes because Death is more than certain.

If however the world is simply going to get destroyed by an all powerful being who is acting like a douche because we don't believe he exists anymore then he's hardly going to advertise the fact he's destroying the world and if he did advertise it and demand our affections and belief then I would say he doesn't deserve it because it's taking our right to free will away from us and that he can go ahead and fucking kill me because I will never beg him for my existence or exist in a state where my will is meaningless.

Simple really.