PDA

View Full Version : Barbie Race and Ride is the greatest game ever

Del Murder
03-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Not greatest Final Fantasy game, not greatest RPG, but the greatest video game ever created. It has just the right combination of gameplay, characterization, bonus material, and whimsy. I challenge anyone to disagree with me.

Depression Moon
03-06-2011, 08:50 PM
I disagree with you.

Flying Arrow
03-06-2011, 08:52 PM
I disagree with your disagreement.

Del Murder
03-06-2011, 08:58 PM
I disagree with you.
You are wrong!

Flying Arrow
03-06-2011, 09:23 PM
I agree.

Dreddz
03-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Best game ever made? No.

One of the better ones? Sure.

escobert
03-07-2011, 12:57 AM
I disagree with you. I found it very boring.

Del Murder
03-07-2011, 02:58 AM
Best game ever made? No.

One of the better ones? Sure.
At least you got one of those questions right.

I find you very boring!

blackmage_nuke
03-07-2011, 03:25 AM
I knew I wasn't the only person who felt this way

VeloZer0
03-07-2011, 03:37 AM
I find you very boring!
Time Till Thread Deterioration into Petty Insults (TTTDPI): 8 posts

Vyk
03-07-2011, 07:04 AM
I agree with everyone!

Jiro
03-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I disagree with your disagreement.

I agree with this guy.

But seriously, FFVI is one of the best. Del summed up the reasons in the first post but what he didn't mention is that it's almost timeless. Even now I can play it and it still has the magic.

Fynn
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Definitelly one of the best.

Rantz
03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I agree with everyone!

I disagree with Vyk, and I have proof that I'm right.

silentenigma
03-07-2011, 11:43 PM
DID SOMEONE SAY WHIMSICAL?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/32/Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png/250px-Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png

Christmas
03-08-2011, 12:08 AM
It have a half naked winged muscle man as the last boss and you can have an overgrown monkey filled with hairy muscle in your team! All the muscles is really ownage enough for me! :kaoclove:

Remon
03-08-2011, 05:12 PM
I agree. Add the lovable main character :love:

Del Murder
03-09-2011, 04:17 AM
But seriously, FFVI is one of the best. Del summed up the reasons in the first post but what he didn't mention is that it's almost timeless. Even now I can play it and it still has the magic.
A very good point. So good that I will overlook that you said one of the best instead of the best.

AstonMartin
03-10-2011, 03:02 AM
its a pretty good game. not the best, not the worst. the battle theme is best tho :D

Vyk
03-10-2011, 05:04 AM
the battle overworld theme is best :D

Agreed

Skyblade
03-15-2011, 06:58 AM
It's good, but it is no Chrono Trigger.

WhiteStorm
04-11-2011, 12:43 AM
It's good, but it is no Chrono Trigger.

Nuff said

Big D
04-11-2011, 11:40 AM
It's a solid game all round, even though I wouldn't rate it among my favourites. It's a little weak in some areas, but excels in others.

If I were feeling cynical and antagonistic, I'd say it's arguable that FFVI really isn't that remarkable. I'd suggest that it doesn't actually contribute anything new to the genre, just presenting a basic re-hash of ideas and characters that had been done plenty of times before, with a bunch of disparate angsty heroes brought together to battle the Evil Empire and the Big Bad Boss whenever they're not busy looking for some Inner Peace. The story is driven forward by cliche, contrivance and outright plot holes; the visual style and gameplay mechanics offer no remarkable innovations or improvements on what we've seen plenty of times before.

...But that's just if I was feeling cyncial and antagonistic. After all, you could probably level the same criticisms at virtually any FF if you were so inclined.

FFVI is never going to rank among my favourites; I'm definitely not averse to 'old-school' gaming, it's just I discovered it far too late for my impressions to be coloured by nostalgia goggles. Nonetheless, it was a fun, engaging and sometimes moving experience.

The Man
04-14-2011, 05:28 AM
FFVI was the first entry of the series I played on my own, so I'm biased towards it. I'm not certain I actually have a favourite game, but it's among the games I would rank as tied for favourite ever. Its plot certainly isn't really all that original (in addition to reusing themes from earlier in the series, it also reuses themes from the Dragon Quest series, particularly Dragon Quest V, an obvious influence on the second half of the game), but who gives a flying smurf about originality. It's fun to play, it has a compelling plot with relatable characters, and it has one of the very best game soundtracks ever composed.

Big D
04-14-2011, 07:31 AM
...and it has one of the very game soundtracks ever composed.Indeed, FFVI's soundtrack is 100% very.

The Man
04-14-2011, 08:06 AM
lulz. Fixed that.

qwertysaur
04-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Next we will have a thread about how rain is wet. :p

Jiro
04-15-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm on it.

Carl the Llama
04-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Not greatest Final Fantasy game, not greatest RPG, but the greatest video game ever created. It has just the right combination of gameplay, characterization, bonus material, and whimsy. I challenge anyone to disagree with me.

Peter: Don't worry, I got it all worked out. We'll move to England, huh? Worst they got there is, you know, drive-by... arguments...
(Meanwhile, in England.)
Englishman: I say, Jeremy, isn't that Reginald B. Stifworth Del Murder, the young upstart chap who's been touting the merits of a united European commonwealth Final Fantasy VI?
Jeremy: Why yes, I daresay it is.
Englishman: Oh, let's get him.
(They drive up.)
Englishman: Oh Reginald Del... I disagree.
(drives off)

Del Murder
04-20-2011, 06:36 PM
I think that's the most amusing way I've ever been disagreed with. So it's hard for me to hate you based on your wrong opinion, but I will anyway.

qwertysaur
04-20-2011, 08:08 PM
I think that's the most amusing way I've ever been disagreed with. So it's hard for me to hate you based on your wrong opinion, but I will anyway.
It's because you are riding on some Magitek armor and can prevent them from driving away isn't it. :bigsmile:

Carl the Llama
04-20-2011, 10:05 PM
It's because you are riding on some Magitek armor and can prevent them from driving away isn't it. :bigsmile:

If he blocks the way then us brits would DRIVE IN REVERSE!! HA!!!

Laddy
04-21-2011, 11:01 PM
I'll disgaree with you and establish my reputation as an idiot and say Final Fantasy is the best, with VI being the second-best.

:colbert:

Greatermaximus
07-05-2011, 09:10 AM
In almost all aspects of fantasy.

champagne supernova
07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Chrono Trigger is better, so VI isn't even the best game on the SNES.

The Man
07-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Chrono Trigger is a great game, but it isn't better than VI. As good, maybe.

champagne supernova
07-06-2011, 07:25 PM

VI really bored me. What all SNES FFs and Chrono Trigger have in common is that, in all of them, you always have to climb up mountains. I don't understand how it can be such a frequent occurrence that something of use is up a mountain. As a result, I struggle to distinguish which mountains, items and games are related, making my SNES Square game world a bit bizarre, with characters often moving world (I'm sure Chrono went up Mount Hobs to find Sabin.

mindfray
07-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Ive allways thought kefka was number one villian of any final fantasy game. sephiroth has motive. kefka needs little motivation or something like madness for him to get his way.

Wolf Kanno
07-08-2011, 05:24 AM

VI really bored me. What all SNES FFs and Chrono Trigger have in common is that, in all of them, you always have to climb up mountains. I don't understand how it can be such a frequent occurrence that something of use is up a mountain. As a result, I struggle to distinguish which mountains, items and games are related, making my SNES Square game world a bit bizarre, with characters often moving world (I'm sure Chrono went up Mount Hobs to find Sabin.

IV - Mount Hobs, and Mount Ordeals (2)
V - North Mountain (though you do travel through it twice), Drakenvale (2)
VI - Narshe Mines, Mt. Kolts, Cave of the Espers, Zozo Mountain. (4)

Total = 8

VII - Mt. Corel, Mt. Nibel, Gaea's Cliffs, and the mountain in Wutai (4)
VIII - Dollet Satellite Tower Path (1)
IX - Gizamulke's Grotto, Aerbs Mountain, Pinnacle Rocks, Conde Pete Mountain path, Mount Gulug (5)

Total = 10

VI and CT are guilty of using mountains, but to CT's defense, it does a much better job actually making the mountains look aesthetically different by time period. But overall, the PSX generation of FF abuses mountain dungeons more more. Caves on the other hand... ;)

Besides, what wrong with mountains? I happen to live up in the mountain regions and its beautiful, better than them sickly plains where you can see nothing for miles around. :colbert:

VeloZer0
07-08-2011, 06:00 AM
I never understood why they put so many mountains in when the FF10 Calm Lands clearly demonstrated how a completely flat empty plain is the pinnacle of dungeon design. ;)

champagne supernova
07-09-2011, 03:15 PM
IV - Mount Hobs, and Mount Ordeals (2)
V - North Mountain (though you do travel through it twice), Drakenvale (2)
VI - Narshe Mines, Mt. Kolts, Cave of the Espers, Zozo Mountain. (4)

Total = 8

VII - Mt. Corel, Mt. Nibel, Gaea's Cliffs, and the mountain in Wutai (4)
VIII - Dollet Satellite Tower Path (1)
IX - Gizamulke's Grotto, Aerbs Mountain, Pinnacle Rocks, Conde Pete Mountain path, Mount Gulug (5)

Total = 10

VI and CT are guilty of using mountains, but to CT's defense, it does a much better job actually making the mountains look aesthetically different by time period. But overall, the PSX generation of FF abuses mountain dungeons more more. Caves on the other hand... ;)

Besides, what wrong with mountains? I happen to live up in the mountain regions and its beautiful, better than them sickly plains where you can see nothing for miles around. :colbert:

Gizamulke's Grotto was a cave under a mountain, wasn't it? And the Dollet Satellite Tower path is pushing the definition of a mountain. It's like 3 screens total and it's within a town.

And mountains look pretty when you can see the sweeping views etc. Not when you're looking down on a 2D sprite map and can't figure out where the up ramp is.

Although the Calm Lands were very bland, admittedly. I think the problem with it was that X still had random battles. XII had several large flat areas and XIII obviously had the steppe, and they were very cool, what with big monsters roaming around making it a more interactive experience.

Also, I might have to admit to Wolf Kanno that I have started to like XII more and more in hindsight.

Wolf Kanno
07-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Gizamulke's Grotto was a cave under a mountain, wasn't it? And the Dollet Satellite Tower path is pushing the definition of a mountain. It's like 3 screens total and it's within a town.

And mountains look pretty when you can see the sweeping views etc. Not when you're looking down on a 2D sprite map and can't figure out where the up ramp is.

I can say the same of the few places I mentioned in VI, since you're often times climbing up the side and then wandering into caves inside the mountain, so it s not like its a texture copy paste job like your describing. The Veldt Mountain cave is two screens max as well, and the other mountain regions in the game actually do give you views of other things, like the Narshe Mine caves leading out to different parts of the city, and reaching the peak actually gives you a view of the city of Narshe from the distance. Even back to FFIV, looking into the background of Mt. Hobs and Mt. Ordeals, shows forest and mountains in the distance. You are getting the view you crave, so I can't quite fathom your argument here. :confused:

Although the Calm Lands were very bland, admittedly. I think the problem with it was that X still had random battles. XII had several large flat areas and XIII obviously had the steppe, and they were very cool, what with big monsters roaming around making it a more interactive experience.

Also, I might have to admit to Wolf Kanno that I have started to like XII more and more in hindsight.I can agree the Calm Lands would have been better served if the team actually had the time to implement visible monsters on the field, yet even then, I feel the Calm Land is pretty bland visually speaking, I feel the same about Bikanel Island as well. Plains are boring to see in general, and I will never understand how people can live in some places without an ocean, forest, or mountain in the backdrop, maybe that's just me though.

champagne supernova
07-09-2011, 08:21 PM
I can agree the Calm Lands would have been better served if the team actually had the time to implement visible monsters on the field, yet even then, I feel the Calm Land is pretty bland visually speaking, I feel the same about Bikanel Island as well. Plains are boring to see in general, and I will never understand how people can live in some places without an ocean, forest, or mountain in the backdrop, maybe that's just me though.

I don't know. The Archylte Steppe in XIII and the Cerobi Steppe in XII were both very cool areas. But I guess they were way more detailed than the Calm Lands. I quite liked the Calm Lands in X-2 when they had all those mini-games. X-2 just had the fight arena and chocobo racing, which wasn't that fun.

X-2 actually was fairly cool in some ways.

Greatermaximus
07-12-2011, 05:34 AM
'It can't be all things to all people.'

Could you base it off the sales? Is there a way to measure the greatness of your favorite game. Besides personal feelings of it?

Diversity and difference throw off these attempt at absolute threads like this.

Firestorm2
08-29-2011, 05:42 AM
Word.

Pike
08-29-2011, 05:20 PM
I see this is kind of an old thread, not sure if the discussion is still going, BUT ANYWAY

I wouldn't say FFVI is the best game ever made. I'm willing to give it best FF but that's tough to do, not because VI was lacking but because a couple of the others were also genuinely very good. Likewise, I miiiiight concede it best RPG, although again that's a very tough call.

But best game ever, no. There are just other games that I think did gameplay, story, characters, etc. better.

THAT SAID, I do think the opera scene is probably the greatest single scene any video game has ever done. Ever. It's just... perfect.

Bolivar
08-29-2011, 08:07 PM
How can it be the best game of all time when it's not even mediocre for the genre? I can name six Dragon Quest games off the top of my head that are at least fully four times better than Final Fantasy VI, if we use the Bolivar Scale of quantifiable RPG aesthetics.

Martyr
08-30-2011, 03:53 AM
FFVI is almost the best game ever, but then Strago happened.

Wolf Kanno
08-30-2011, 04:51 AM
How can it be the best game of all time when it's not even mediocre for the genre? I can name six Dragon Quest games off the top of my head that are at least fully four times better than Final Fantasy VI, if we use the Bolivar Scale of quantifiable RPG aesthetics.

Thank god the world doesn't work based on your scale... :p

Bolivar
08-30-2011, 09:25 PM

Thank god the world doesn't work based on your scale... :p

Haha, i was just kidding.

FFVI is the worst of the series, though.

The Man
08-30-2011, 09:48 PM
FFVI is the worst of the series, though.This is objectively as wrong as you can get when talking about the series. However, it's also obvious trolling so I won't bother responding in any further depth.

blackmage_nuke
08-31-2011, 12:49 AM
Word.

I know I cant exactly declare copyright over an image i made using sprites by someone else but why are you using my signiature?

Jiro
08-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Obviously he really likes your style, and I can't blame him. I don't think he's a real member though so I might just snip that ;)

Jiro
08-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Double posting to say FFVI is the best too.

VeloZer0
09-01-2011, 03:19 AM
This thread has officially descended into anarchy.

NeoCracker
09-01-2011, 06:46 AM
You know what hasn't decended into Anarchy? FF VI.

Cause it's above such trivial matters.

Cause it's awesome.

VeloZer0
09-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Isn't that what WoR is all about?

qwertysaur
09-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Isn't that what WoR is all about?Sounds like he is mirroring the cries of those in denial of the truth stated in this thread. :bigsmile:

The Man
09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
You know what hasn't decended into Anarchy? FF VI. Isn't that what WoR is all about?It's more like a dictatorship with Kefka as dictator. Only the dictator doesn't really give a shit about anything other than killing people.

Pike
09-01-2011, 09:17 PM
FFVI is almost the best game ever, but then Zozo happened.

Fixed that for you

Rostum
09-02-2011, 03:25 AM
FFVI is pretty good. Unfortunately I wasn't able to play it when it first came out (being in Australia and all), so I guess I don't have that attachement to it like a lot of you guys do.

NeoCracker
09-02-2011, 07:40 PM

Fixed that for you

Unless you're trying to imply Zozo pushed this game into a transcendent state beyond that of which games are capable, you are wrong. :mad2:

Pike
09-03-2011, 11:47 PM

Fixed that for you

Unless you're trying to imply Zozo pushed this game into a transcendent state beyond that of which games are capable, you are wrong. :mad2:

Zozo was the worst part of the entire game. Worse than the Water Temple in OoT and worse than Wailing Caverns in WoW.

...at least, that's how I remember it. It's actually been years since I've played this game. I just remember getting unusually frustrated during that part.

Madame Adequate
09-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Zozo was pretty bad, but I don't think it was WC bad.

Jiro
09-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Zozo was alright once you get past the fact that there are enemies trying to rape you while you're in a town. The clock pissed me off to no end though.

Pike
09-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Zozo was pretty bad, but I don't think it was WC bad.

You know, you're right. I can't think of anything else in vidya that is WC bad.

Spooniest
09-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Zozo was alright once you get past the fact that there are enemies trying to rape you while you're in a town. The clock pissed me off to no end though.

I solved the clock with a friend by simply selecting every possible combination till I found the one that works. Simple trial and error. Took forever, but shiny new chainsaw of death yay

VeloZer0
09-05-2011, 05:39 AM
How could doing it that way not embitter you against the quest for the rest of your life?

WhiteStorm
09-05-2011, 09:13 PM
I solved the clock with a friend by simply selecting every possible combination till I found the one that works. Simple trial and error. Took forever, but shiny new chainsaw of death yay

I did the same thing and it annoyed me to no end.

I think FF6 is an awesome game, not the best of all times, but ranks very high. It is without a doubt the best in the FF series and that makes me wonder what the hell is Square waiting to do a remake of this game?!!! :mad2:

Spooniest
09-06-2011, 04:05 AM
How could doing it that way not embitter you against the quest for the rest of your life?

On the contrary, we felt that we had solved the puzzle in the most intelligent way we could, and were proud of ourselves.

Now, figuring out how to kill an Intangir was a bit more of a chore. That stopped me dead in my tracks until a few weeks later when I got the strategy guide.

And by the way, Final Fantasy VI isn't the best game ever because of Zozo, or the Opera Scene, or the music, or the gameplay, or Kefka's Tower, or anything else besides the Solitary Island.

I say so because I am still alive because of the Solitary Island.

Pike
09-06-2011, 05:30 AM

On the contrary, we felt that we had solved the puzzle in the most intelligent way we could, and were proud of ourselves.

Now, figuring out how to kill an Intangir was a bit more of a chore. That stopped me dead in my tracks until a few weeks later when I got the strategy guide.

And by the way, Final Fantasy VI isn't the best game ever because of Zozo, or the Opera Scene, or the music, or the gameplay, or Kefka's Tower, or anything else besides the Solitary Island.

I say so because I am still alive because of the Solitary Island.

Brofist, this game helped me get through some really tough times in my life as well.

Jiro
09-06-2011, 03:13 PM
gawd way to make me tear up guys :(

clowd
09-09-2011, 03:18 PM
VI gets so much praise but why do I have no urge at all to play it? I watched the first 5 hours of gameplay on youtube and didn't see anyting I liked. On the other hand I watched the first 20 minutes of Chrono Trigger on youtube and was amazed by the game and wanted to play it. Why is Kefka so hyped? Son of a submariner? Welcome to my barbeque? Clean the dust off my boots? Do you have to be 8 years old to find that funny? And the battles. They might as well be text based because there is no animations. The final boss Kefka might as well be a lifeless painting because it just sits there. Its so easy to hype up a game like VI because nobody has hardly played it and so many of it's faults are forgiven because of hte hardware it was on or because of when it was made (94). So you can say "Final Fantasy VI was the best ever" And what are people going to do? Try and bash a 16 bit game that only an inner circle of nerds know and rave about?

Pike
09-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Clowd, I must confess that I don't quite grok this "no one has played FF VI" idea you seem to have; sure you'd be hard pressed to find any of today's CoD/Xbox Live kiddies who have played it, but then, you'd be hard pressed to find any of them that have played any Final Fantasy, particularly anything pre-XII.

Among real game aficionados FF VI is very highly regarded and the fanbase is large enough that we come full circle and you get the hipsters who say they liked IV (or something) better because "you've probably never heard of it". :tongue:

(No offense meant to anyone who genuinely likes the pre-VI FFs more than VI; I'm poking fun at hipsters here. That's always acceptable, right? :kakapo: )

As to the idea that graphics/hardware make or break a game: I'm not going to get into that in this thread because then I won't shut up, and that's bad.

Spooniest
09-11-2011, 05:12 PM
VI gets so much praise but why do I have no urge at all to play it? I watched the first 5 hours of gameplay on youtube and didn't see anyting I liked. On the other hand I watched the first 20 minutes of Chrono Trigger on youtube and was amazed by the game and wanted to play it. Why is Kefka so hyped? Son of a submariner? Welcome to my barbeque? Clean the dust off my boots? Do you have to be 8 years old to find that funny? And the battles. They might as well be text based because there is no animations. The final boss Kefka might as well be a lifeless painting because it just sits there. Its so easy to hype up a game like VI because nobody has hardly played it and so many of it's faults are forgiven because of hte hardware it was on or because of when it was made (94). So you can say "Final Fantasy VI was the best ever" And what are people going to do? Try and bash a 16 bit game that only an inner circle of nerds know and rave about?

It's the music.

NeoCracker
09-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Once you stop being dumb (Mind you, I was dumb and didn't realize this either when I played. :p) the clock puzzle is quite simple. Everyone in Zozo lies. You are informed of this back in Jidoor. If someone tells you a time in Zozo, that is not the correct number to input. Each number on the clock is the number no one in town tells you.

Pike
09-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Once you stop being dumb (Mind you, I was dumb and didn't realize this either when I played. :p) the clock puzzle is quite simple. Everyone in Zozo lies. You are informed of this back in Jidoor. If someone tells you a time in Zozo, that is not the correct number to input. Each number on the clock is the number no one in town tells you.

This sounds several magnitudes easier than I remember it being. Now I have to replay the game to see if I really was just being stupid back then, blast you all

Martyr
09-11-2011, 10:54 PM
It's incredibly easy.
All you have to do is get a pen and paper and walk around the city of Zozo to talk to every single person and write down the numbers of the first and second hand, all while battling monsters who are fairly tough every few steps.
Make sure you talk to lots and lots of Zozoans so you know which numbers are wrong. Try not to get obliterated by the giant dude's earthquake spell or his punches. Try not to have all your gold stolen by the reaper dude.
Hopefully, if you took great notes and/or have a great memory, and if you spoke to everybody and spent a whole ton of time wandering Zozo, then the answer to the clock should be easy.

First time I played, I don't think I ever even clicked on the stupid clock. I just gave Edgar the Atma weapon and wondered for the rest of the game why it sucked so bad.

NeoCracker
09-15-2011, 06:16 PM
It's incredibly easy.
All you have to do is get a pen and paper and walk around the city of Zozo to talk to every single person and write down the numbers of the first and second hand, all while battling monsters who are fairly tough every few steps.
Make sure you talk to lots and lots of Zozoans so you know which numbers are wrong. Try not to get obliterated by the giant dude's earthquake spell or his punches. Try not to have all your gold stolen by the reaper dude.
Hopefully, if you took great notes and/or have a great memory, and if you spoke to everybody and spent a whole ton of time wandering Zozo, then the answer to the clock should be easy.

First time I played, I don't think I ever even clicked on the stupid clock. I just gave Edgar the Atma weapon and wondered for the rest of the game why it sucked so bad.

You should be able to figure it out easy just from the people outside and that one long line of people, most possibilities are gone from just that. :p

And reapers don't steal enough gold to be a problem, and Giants are easy enough to deal with. The only real problem are the dancers in the buildings who cast the second level elemental spells, who are pretty easy to deal with if you just use Runic.

Only real problem with Zozo is if you get hit by Earthquake.

Jessweeee♪
09-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Nah, I don't think so. I see how a game like this can be the greatest with some good nostalgia goggles, but seeing as I only played it recently, I don't see it that way. It was a nice game that I had fun playing, but not one I can bring myself to play again. To me it's nowhere near the best in the series, but I'm just not a fan of the classics in general.

Jiro
09-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Barbie Race and Ride? Really?

Spooniest
09-16-2011, 02:00 PM
The scene where Barbie tries to commit suicide with a curling iron after totaling her racecar is just phenomenal.

Seriously, people are just immature. :mad2:

Jessweeee♪
09-16-2011, 02:09 PM
My favorite part was unlocking the secret ranch!

VeloZer0
09-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Barbie Race and Ride? Really?
It's an early reveal from the EoFF Census.

Pike
09-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Pffft we all know that Barbie Super Model is the superior Barbie game.

KainHighwind
09-16-2011, 04:03 PM
NES Barbie is clearly superior.

VeloZer0
09-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Take off your nostalgia goggles for a second and look at it from an unbiased view point. It is completely out dated and obsolete. They only way you could possibly like a game like that is because you first played it as a child.

Spooniest
09-16-2011, 11:26 PM
And anyway, we all know Final Fantasy X-2 is the greatest barbie game ever WHOOPS DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD :D

KainHighwind
09-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Take off your nostalgia goggles for a second and look at it from an unbiased view point. It is completely out dated and obsolete. They only way you could possibly like a game like that is because you first played it as a child.

:mad: You're right. I'm so ashamed.

I actually did play and beat that game. I was older than the kids next door. They couldn't get anywhere,, so I sat down and beat it for 'em. :D

VeloZer0
09-17-2011, 07:52 AM
To be honest I wasn't sure if it was an actual game or just something you made up. :D

Evastio
09-17-2011, 04:45 PM
What are you talking about? The Barbie series as a whole is amazing.

It's actually outselling game series like Metroid, Gears of War, Starcraft, and the "Tales of" series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises). They have so much that they should learn and copy from the Barbie series, like targetting young girl gamers, the style of clothes they should dress their characters in, keeping creepy plastic like smiles on their characters faces all the time, and that combs, purses, and makeup trump space aliens, guns, laser cannons, and swords any day of the week.

On topic, I enjoy Final Fantasy VI, but I do think it's quite overrated, especially seeing how the story falls apart in the World of Ruin. I guess having all those side quests in the World of Ruin made up for it, but I would've preferred a linear storyline at that part. It'd still be in my top 5 favourite Final Fantasies though.

Hollycat
09-17-2011, 04:57 PM
..... chi

VeloZer0
09-17-2011, 07:55 PM
It's actually outselling game series like Metroid, Gears of War, Starcraft, and the "Tales of" series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises). They have so much that they should learn and copy from the Barbie series, like targetting young girl gamers, the style of clothes they should dress their characters in, keeping creepy plastic like smiles on their characters faces all the time, and that combs, purses, and makeup trump space aliens, guns, laser cannons, and swords any day of the week.
Oh god, I just know some idiot at SE desperate for direction is reading your post right now.