PDA

View Full Version : DS: Yu-Gi-Oh! Games.

Quindiana Jones
03-08-2011, 03:30 PM
I like 'em. Yu-Gi-Oh! is a bastarding hard game if you don't know what's going on (and it takes ages to understand that), and even after your master deck has been created, your opponent will occasionally just cheap shot you. Damn games.

I'm not really a fan of the TV shows (apart from Series 0, amirite?) or the actual card game, I just think the game fits perfectly onto a DS. Easily one of my favourite games on it. Along with Pokemon.

I think I'm 5. :(

Discuss Yu-Gi-Oh! video games.

Jentleness
03-09-2011, 03:47 AM
The only Yu-Gi-Oh! video game my kids played was Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories. However, neither finished it because it was too hard, although my daughter says it was really good. I remember watching them play it but I remember always asking them if they had won or not because it was hard for me to tell as a bystander.

On the other hand, my daughter and I would watch the orignial series and all the movies together! That was well spent quality time! :D

drotato
03-09-2011, 05:55 AM
I agree, the Yu-Gi-Oh! games are actually rather challenging, I enjoy them. :monster:

Unbreakable Will
03-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm ridiculously good at those without even trying, card game included :bigsmile:

Depression Moon
03-09-2011, 10:59 PM
The only one I played was Duelist Roses and I disliked it.

Skyblade
03-09-2011, 11:15 PM
The Yu-Gi-Oh! games are generally ok when they stick to the actual card game mechanics, and have storylines. Any time they try something new, however, the games get painful. And the developers have a tendency to bog down even the normal game mechanics with outright stupid additions at times. In Reshef of Destruction, I think it was, one of the GBA ones, every time you or the opponent makes a move, your cursor cycles over ever spot on the field. Which does nothing except waste two seconds. Which, due to the number of moves made, makes it extremely frustrating over the course of the game.

The best Yu-Gi-Oh! games I've played were both for the DS, and they were Nightmare Troubadour and Spirit Caller. Despite being based on the inferior anime, Spirit Caller was definitely the better game, and smoothed over a goodly number of the annoying glitches and small issues in Nightmare Troubadour. It also introduced a couple more fun little collecting games (outfits, duel disks, and, of course, the spirits and ultimate cards), without dragging down the quality of the overall game, and most of the events were nifty enough.

Then Stardust Accellerator came out, just to show that the developers could still take everything good about the game and fling it right out the window.