PDA

View Full Version : An interesting day

Unbreakable Will
03-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Yesterday I got locked out of my car and had to walk several miles to get my spare key. Now normally I'd consider this as regular bad luck and blame it on poor memory, but thiiiis was a tad worse seeing as I had my soon-to-be stepfather's $270,000 401K check in my pocket at the time. I walked through some of Clarksville's worst ghettos (which are almost constantly on the news for robbery/assault/murder etc.) with a quarter of a million dollars lounging in my pocket. It thankfully proved to be an uneventful walk. :D

spirit
03-09-2011, 04:02 PM
I haven't even gotten out of bed yet today...

DAMN....

Too bad you had no one to call to bring the spare key to you. Or maybe you just don't roll that way?

Unbreakable Will
03-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Haha nah everyone who could've gotten me into my apartment was busy.

kotora
03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
couldn't you just rip it up if push came to shove? besides why even use paper transactions at all in this age of online banking?

Unbreakable Will
03-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah I had considered that, and these ridiculous people that handle his stuff decided it would be easier to send it in the smurfing mail with a 44 cent stamp. What the smurf. :mad:

spirit
03-09-2011, 04:25 PM
couldn't you just rip it up if push came to shove? besides why even use paper transactions at all in this age of online banking?
Seeing that much money ripped up in front of you might drive you into a fit of rage...especially if you were figuring on taking it. :p

NorthernChaosGod
03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Who would steal a check though? They can't cash it. Anyone with the capabilities to do so wouldn't need to get the check, they could just steal your identity.

theundeadhero
03-09-2011, 05:50 PM
There's been many Friday/Saturday nights I've walked up and down those streets drunk. It's the only way to see the most interesting things in town.

Unbreakable Will
03-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Who would steal a check though? They can't cash it. Anyone with the capabilities to do so wouldn't need to get the check, they could just steal your identity.
Although its rather unheard of it still crosses the mind and makes one nervous :p

NorthernChaosGod
03-09-2011, 07:45 PM
I'd be more scared of just being jumped. :p

G13
03-09-2011, 10:34 PM

You underestimate the stupidity of the common criminal.

Unbreakable Will
03-09-2011, 10:55 PM

:monster:

NorthernChaosGod
03-09-2011, 11:17 PM

Not really, just heading down the logical conclusion. Sure, they could steal the check, but it'd be worthless. And in theory he should be able to get a replacement check since the first one was neither cashed nor deposited.