PDA

View Full Version : Classes You're Thinking of Taking

Shiny
03-09-2011, 07:24 PM
For next school year or this summer, what classes are you thinking of taking? For my last year of uni, I'm thinking of filling up my schedule with classes and internship credit since I only have one required class along with Film Thesis. Right now I have it down to:

Career Strategies (Required)
Film Thesis I & II (Required)
Introduction to Web Design
Web Programming: HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP
Advanced After Effects
Creative Producing
Line Producing: How to Manage Your Film Through Scheduling and Budgeting
Film and Video Internship
Video Game Design

You're allowed to take 5 classes per semester one of which has to be Career Strategies for the Fall or Spring. They got rid of Entertainment Law which sucks, but I'm excited. Should be interesting! I was also thinking of taking a makeup or production design class, but most likely not going in to that field, I just think doing zombie makeup would be fun. :shiny:

Shlup
03-09-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm thinking of entering a midwifery program.

Christmas
03-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Live sex show spices up college class in Chicago - Yahoo! (http://beta.sg.news.yahoo.com/live-sex-show-spices-college-class-chicago-20110304-093503-080.html)

escobert
03-09-2011, 09:46 PM
I want to enter a how to win the lottery class :bigsmile:

Shlup
03-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Oh yeah, my friends are making me go to pole dancing class with them. I am going to die.

Shiny
03-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh yeah, my friends are making me go to pole dancing class with them. I am going to die.

Now that I have to see.

BlackAsBlood00
03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm only in highschool, but I want to be an astronomer. Yep, possibly double major in physics and astronomy.

escobert
03-09-2011, 10:21 PM
I've been thinking about starting to work out if that counts :p

Bunny
03-09-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure yet since I might take a semester off before transferring to another school. Likely I'll be taking a course load full of history classes and either Latin, Chinese, or Japanese.

Shlup
03-09-2011, 10:55 PM

Now that I have to see.

Yeah. I have about as much rhythm as you would expect.

No, less.

I am really going to die.

Yar
03-09-2011, 11:00 PM
I want to take cryptology. And French. And German. And saxophone.

I want to take a lot of things! They have classes that are basically my interest in a form where I get a grade for it. Too bad I have so many gen ed's I still need out of the way. :(

NorthernChaosGod
03-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Depending on if I take math or bio this summer, I'll probably be continuing music and Spanish, while taking Physics and whichever class I don't do over summer.

kotora
03-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Maybe taking a basic Chinese course in april. Also thinking about taking up Economy for next year, because whatever economic courses we get at Cultural Sciences are a smurfing joke.

As for this last trimester, I'm still deciding between a class on independent film or something called "college arts, culture and publicity", whatever that means. It sucks because they're courses for year 2/3 students and I'm only a first year, which means they don't really fit well into my schedule so I have to pick one. There's also a risk of them kicking my ass out of the course.

Aerith's Knight
03-10-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm only in highschool, but I want to be an astronomer. Yep, possibly double major in physics and astronomy.

I suggest just taking a single major in Astrophysics. Although you'll probably just have to do a major in physics and then a master in Astrophysics. (physics is universal)

I'll be doing an Internship at the A&M Uni, investigating Stent induced extreme wall stress on smooth muscle cell in arterial vessels.

Shiny
03-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Maybe taking a basic Chinese course in april. Also thinking about taking up Economy for next year, because whatever economic courses we get at Cultural Sciences are a smurfing joke.

As for this last trimester, I'm still deciding between a class on independent film or something called "college arts, culture and publicity", whatever that means. It sucks because they're courses for year 2/3 students and I'm only a first year, which means they don't really fit well into my schedule so I have to pick one. There's also a risk of them kicking my ass out of the course.

The independent film one sounds interesting. :monster:

Chris
03-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I am done with school and classes for... well, for a very long time. Just concentrating on earning my paycheck.

kotora
03-10-2011, 08:49 PM

The independent film one sounds interesting. :monster:

Sure does. I ordered to required book even though I don't know I'm gonna be able to follow the course this year. It just sucks that I have to pick either between this course and the college arts one, because there's this boring first year course which will probably require me to be present at the workgroup sessions. Lame. :monster:

Miriel
03-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Shiny, your classes sound awesome.

This year I want to take a few dance classes, maybe ballet and hip hop, a photography course, and also what I'm calling Apocalypse 101. Del Murder and I are going to take classes in shooting guns, self defense, basic medical training, etc, in order to prepare for a possible apocalypse. Plus, it's just good stuff to know how to protect yourself or be able to treat a minor wound.

Also hoping to sit in on some Sociology classes at Berkeley. I'm eying Sociology of Religion and Sociology of Virtual Communities.

Shiny
03-10-2011, 10:25 PM
They need to make a How to Defend Yourself During a Zombie Apocalypse class. This is very important.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-11-2011, 03:04 AM

Chauvinism aside, it's actually a very good work out. My friend does it, and of course I love to watch. That woman is in excellent shape though.

Jentleness
03-11-2011, 06:06 AM
Having finished my Bachelors Degree in Accounting my next goal is to sit for the CPA exam. I was looking into going to a "Refresher Course" that concentrates on the exam requirements but the cost is around $3,000, which is a bit much, especially after going $30,000 in debt for the degree. So I am ordering the new study guide from Amazon which is only $120.

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2011, 06:35 AM
They need to make a How to Defend Yourself During a Zombie Apocalypse class. This is very important.

This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide) is a good starting point.

Shlup
03-11-2011, 06:50 AM

Chauvinism aside, it's actually a very good work out. My friend does it, and of course I love to watch. That woman is in excellent shape though.

Yeah, Terri Hatcher swears by it and that woman is toned as hell.

Bunny
03-11-2011, 07:42 AM

This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide) is a good starting point.

Zombie Survival 101 (Also Called: Introduction to Not Dying) with Professor MILF.

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2011, 08:25 AM

Zombie Survival 101 (Also Called: Introduction to Not Dying) with Professor MILF.

I would take that class.

Loony BoB
03-11-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm no longer in school, but I hope to take the PRINCE2 course at some point. It's basically a course on Project Management.

Timekeeper
03-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Well I'm currently doing Science in Archaeology, Cultural Heritage Management, World Prehistory and
Forensic Archaeology.

I was looking to do Paradoxes or Timetravel, but I couldn't fit electives in this semester...

Shiny
03-11-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm no longer in school, but I hope to take the PRINCE2 course at some point. It's basically a course on Project Management.

I'm disappointed that isn't about learning about the artist formerly known as Prince.

I Took the Red Pill
03-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Real Analysis
One of:
Galois Theory
Number Theory

The Nineteenth Century British Novel

and something else as of yet unknown.

that's right bitches lists within lists