PDA

View Full Version : Is Diablos hard???

AstonMartin
03-09-2011, 11:55 PM
I was just wondering cuz I got that magical lamp thing from cid and I used and all then when I realized i had to fight Diablos i looked at him for a sec and I was all like well that looks hard, so yea. is he hard or not guyz???

Wolf Kanno
03-10-2011, 12:05 AM
He can be pretty mean if you are unprepared. Make sure you keep up on healing, and the irony is that he's susceptible to gravity so you can actually draw/cast his own demi spells back at him if memory serves me correct.

Just to warn you, his stats work a little different, they go up for each step you take so make sure to ake him down early, besides he's a wickedly awesome GF.

Vyk
03-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Can't you just blind him? And then all he can do is hit you with demi, which can never actually kill you

escobert
03-10-2011, 01:48 AM
yeah I think so. I remember the first time I fought him it was really tough but once I figured it out he's not too hard at all.

Depression Moon
03-10-2011, 02:11 AM
If he is weak to blind, then use that and it's easy then. I usually wait at least 3hrs later in the game to fight him. When I do fight him I find him about somehwere in the middle of difficulty.

AstonMartin
03-10-2011, 02:49 AM
Can't you just blind him? And then all he can do is hit you with demi, which can never actually kill you

ok... but do you know any enemys that happen to have blind cuz all i have right now is cure

Depression Moon
03-10-2011, 02:51 AM
I think one of those plant creatures have them that's in the Garden.

Saber
03-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Start the battle by blinding him. This will help from his physical attack. If you can't cast blind and die to fast, try drawing demi from him and when injured use the demi spell and he will cast Cure on that player. Once you get him down enough with the demi spell a simple attack will do the rest.

Jiro
03-12-2011, 01:04 AM
his stats work a little different, they go up for each step you take.

I didn't know this! I usually have no trouble taking him down as soon as possible. Having Diablos from such an early point is a great boost.

I just get Selphie drawing Demi, Zell draw-casting Demi and Squall attacking until they have some limits to use, and then fire away.

If you only have Cure magic, you might want to spend some time drawing other magic to bolster your stats!

sharkythesharkdogg
03-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I also took him down the moment I got the lamp. I remember hearing the fight would get more difficult as your levels progressed. I think there is something to the blind weakness as well.

Jessweeee♪
03-13-2011, 07:11 PM
If you cast Demi on him, he'll cast Curaga on you! I don't know why this happens, but it's useful! I like to cast his own Demis at him, then when he's weakened significantly, Attack! I believe it's your Magic stat against the enemy's Spirit stat that determines how successful Draw is.

Rostum
03-13-2011, 11:16 PM
I had so much trouble with him when I first played the game. Until I found out you could just blind him.

Foo
03-13-2011, 11:30 PM
I was just wondering cuz I got that magical lamp thing from cid and I used and all then when I realized i had to fight Diablos i looked at him for a sec and I was all like well that looks hard, so yea. is he hard or not guyz???

He can be pretty tough if you're not prepared, and since you haven't fought him before you wouldn't know what to expect. One thing for certain is he is DEFINITELY worth it.

1. Diablos can do a lot of damage. You won't be able to use him on the bosses,usually, but for most monsters he does a very significant amount of damage. (its based on the enemy max HP and what level Diablos is)

Damage = Enemy's MaxHP X Diablos's level / 100

2. He's got some great abilities.

Mug: attack AND maybe steal something
HP+80%: !!!!
Time Mag-RF: allows you to make haste, slow, demi, double triple, stop from items you've found
Enc-None: You don't have to fight any random battles

Good Luck, hope that helped!!!!

Heath
03-27-2011, 05:10 PM

ok... but do you know any enemys that happen to have blind cuz all i have right now is cure

I think you may have missed your chance to get it. You can get Blind either in Dollet (though I don't know if you can access it on the Dollet mission) or off the Grenaldo boss, but if you haven't gotten it already then I don't think you'll be able to get it for a while (though still on Disc 1).

However, as others have said, if you keep your health up, cast demi on him until it's ineffective and then just finish him off as you normally then you should be okay. The sooner you do it the easier it'll be and the more use Diablos will prove to be!