PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row The Third

Madame Adequate
03-10-2011, 05:42 AM
What the fuck are you wankers playing at? No SR3 thread? Did someone kill Paul and Dan and everyone else who loves to spag around in hilarious fashion?

News: Saints Row 3: First details - ComputerAndVideoGames.com (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292479/news/saints-row-3-first-details/)

- Main bad guy is a Belgian named Philippe Loren
- New City
- Customizable weapons
- Main bad guy is a Belgian
- Every single weapon has a unique groin attack
- "One mission in Saints Row: The Third features an aerial battle that places you behind the controls of a falling tank, battling other airborne tanks as you both plummet towards the ground."
- Main bad guy is a Belgian
- There is a large Lucha Libre wrestler in Philippe's organization
- No versus multiplayer because nobody cared, all focus is on single and co-op
- The main bad guy is a motherfucking Belgian.

Bunny
03-10-2011, 06:24 AM
- "One mission in Saints Row: The Third features an aerial battle that places you behind the controls of a falling tank, battling other airborne tanks as you both plummet towards the ground."

rofl what get out of here with your terrible games

Vyk
03-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Saints Row has always been crazy. And yet they always manage to make the insanity fun. Bad games they are not. Kudos to MILF. They've been sitting on information about this game for so long. I tend to just forget to keep an eye out for it. But I can not wait :D

NeoCracker
03-10-2011, 06:50 AM
And suddenly, the world became a better place.

Iceglow
03-10-2011, 08:49 AM

I love SR but still, did they have to rip off the new A-team movie so blatantly where they just so happen to have an aerial battle where they're "flying" a tank against 2 Predator Drones? It's still an awesome premise but I can't help feel that they've been beaten to the punchline here.

Psychotic
03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
basically, this is how it is

Saints Row The Third is going to be the best game of all time. No exaggeration, no hyperbole. This is how it is.

The fucking end.

Dreddz
03-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Battling falling tanks whilst in the air is the greatest idea for any video game. Ever.

Shame it'll be executed poorly then.

Vyk
03-13-2011, 04:05 AM
Even when an SR game executes something and makes an infuriating experience. Its a FUN infuriating experience. I've been cheaped out in those games so many times. But I never stopped enjoying myself. And I think the idea is that they figure people saw that scene, knew it was awesome, and wouldn't mind trying it themselves. And now we will be able to

Shattered Dreamer
03-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Awesome! Saints Row 2 is one of my favorite games can't wait for the 3rd :bigsmile:

Psychotic
11-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Just a reminder that the best game of all time is out THIS smurfING WEEK

Represent the Row, bitches. I will give anyone who asks for it a 3rd Street Saints coloured title thing. Apart from Steve.

On the fence? Watch this tit Saints Row: The Third - Pimps and Gimps (OFFICIAL TRAILER) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVJ4rgO728g) it's probably not strictly work safe if you want to err on the side of caution but whatever, YouTube videos about video games aren't work safe in general. I deem it fine for EoFF circa 2011 (though circa 2005 having a dildo-bat in a post would undoubtedly get me banned!)

Also: Morning star : Français ? - 06/06/2011 - Saints Row : The Third sur JeuxVideo.com (http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-19324-17103-1-0-1-0-morning-star-francais.htm) I don't know what the smurf you did Huxley but the French are looking at this thread and discussing it. Oi, Frenchies: TWO WORLD WARS AND ONE WORLD CUP! ...oh wait that's the Germans. C'est la vie ma cheries. :aimkiss:

Iceglow
11-13-2011, 11:02 PM
they were discussing if there is much of a french connection/presence in SR2 and SR3.

The link to here is apparently very interesting.

Also Paul, just because I slept with your mother does not give you the right to exclude me from the Saints theme going on.

Madame Adequate
11-14-2011, 03:59 AM
Yes I am down with repping the Row in all possible ways

I've been following SR3 as we get closer to release and I just cannot begin to handle all the crazy shit we've seen :hyper:

Jiro
11-14-2011, 04:04 AM
Also: Morning star : Français ? - 06/06/2011 - Saints Row : The Third sur JeuxVideo.com (http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-19324-17103-1-0-1-0-morning-star-francais.htm) I don't know what the smurf you did Huxley but the French are looking at this thread and discussing it. Oi, Frenchies: TWO WORLD WARS AND ONE WORLD CUP! ...oh wait that's the Germans. C'est la vie ma cheries. :aimkiss:

I don't trust them and their random ass words. Provoking them isn't helping either, dammit. Anybody speak some french and wanna tell me what the fuck they're saying about us?

Iceglow
11-14-2011, 10:02 AM
I looked over it, they said something about "here's some information on Saints Row 3 but they seem to be more of a forum? :S"

Later the guy who was asking about Saints Row 3 in the initial post said "Thanks, the links seem very interesting"

That was literally about it. Did you not read my post or something Jiro you smeg?

Jiro
11-14-2011, 11:54 AM
I honestly did not even see your post I don't know what the hell happened :confused: I should ease up on my scroll finger, it's getting too powerful, I can't contain the scroll

(I hope Bethesda don't sue me)

Pike
11-14-2011, 03:17 PM
I kind of want one of these shiny purple titles, but there's a part of me that thinks that would be cheating because I've never actually played Saint's Row. :shobon:

Psychotic
11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Also Paul, just because I slept with your mother does not give you the right to exclude me from the Saints theme going on.Fuck you say?

Steve, I'm the boss, Dan is Gat, and you? You're Pierce. You've never played Saints, so you don't know why this is funny. As I'm sure others will weigh in, it is funny because it's true. Nice shoes indeed.

DK
11-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Ha, ha, Steve has less respect than Shaundi. Wait, who's Shaundi? I'm going to guess Huxley. He seems like the only one out of us that would pose for Playboy.

edit: also yeah this is pretty much gonna be the best game ever and I'm literally eroding away into nothingness waiting for it to come out, this is probably the worst wait for a game I've ever endured in my life. and yeah steve is blatantly Pierce.

Madame Adequate
11-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Oh no I changed everything and my title went away please bring it back Mr Si Chottik :ohdear:

e: also yeah this wait has been alleviated slightly by Skyrim actually being good but oh dear god it's horrible pain

That punk kid just crashed your helicopter /smug

And yes Steve is absolutely Pierce

Psychotic
11-14-2011, 08:57 PM
I feel like I should give you a cyan Deckers title.

Madame Adequate
11-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Thank you :jess:

I like their aesthetic but I am mostly reppin' Deckers because I cannot IMAGINE how absolutely fucking insane the Boss is going to go on them. I mean it's going to make Maero look like an afternoon spent playing with kittens.

NeoCracker
11-15-2011, 05:36 PM
You know, I know he could be a tool, but I freakin' love Pierce. :love:

Psychotic
11-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Saints is still not out in Britain 'til Friday because God hates us. As such, me and Dan have been giving Stilwater a farewell tour, consisting of:

Pimp baseball! Pimps were thrown by Dan into an empty train car, where I was waiting with a sledgehammer.This caused 30-40 pimps to spawn on our heads. It was brutal.
Luxury yacht racing! We found two huge ships and decided to ram them into each other to try to sink the other. Then we drove them onto a beach.
Pimped out ATVs and drove them on the train tracks. Shenanigans ensued when my kneecappers shredded Dan's wheels and turned his ATV into a Delorean.
Destroyed two nightclubs with the use of musical instruments.
Declared a large metal container to be my house, after we both attempted to pimp slap the other into it. Dan then helpfully provided me with garbage and crackheads to play with.
KILLED FIREMEN.
We finally turned friendly fire off and set a custom playlist to Ride of the Valykries. We took to the skies - Dan in a triplane, myself in a biplane. It was utterly pissing it down and the sky was totally brown. In a spectacle ruining incident, on the first pass we collided and this took off dan's wings on the right side of his plane. Amazingly he kept it airborne, even though I then chased him down and loaded his poor battered plane with bullets, causing bits to fly off. He successfully landed it too, only for me to kamikaze into it. :shobon:

Steve, this is why you are inferior. You will never know such fun in your life. Enjoy your "Modarn Warfare" you ponce!

Madame Adequate
11-16-2011, 04:13 AM
I dunno what THQ are playing at because it is literally out everywhere else today. Including Europe.

TrollHunter
11-16-2011, 04:24 AM
Best game ever? Best game ever.
I want it so much.

Iceglow
11-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Steve, this is why you are inferior. You will never know such fun in your life. Enjoy your "Modarn Warfare" you ponce!

Paul, even if I had the second game the mere fact that it is 2 player would mean that I could not join you as Dan would probably go in to the corner and cry. Also, I haven't got MW3 yet...I'm trying to decide if my £20+ gift vouchers ought to be used to buy: 1) MW3, 2) Skyrim or 3) Saints the Third. Not that there isn't about 6 or so games I'd actually like to get out there at the moment but I can only afford one and that is my top 3 options.

Jiro
11-16-2011, 11:36 AM
The decision should be easy. Do whatever will make Paul hate you less.

Loony BoB
11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Making decisions purely for the approval of Psychotic is not part of a life I would want to live.

This game does interest me, though. But still, I can't help but feel after playing FFXIV and Skyrim for so long that I could really do with a game that is a bit more story/linear and a bit less open/sandbox. Weird, I guess. When is Versus out again? Oh. :( Dammit.

NeoCracker
11-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Your character and Pierce singing along to Sublime's What I got while driving around.

If you do not understand why this is awesome you fail at life.

Though I don't know if the song will change depending on the voice you choose. We'll see soon I guess.

Madame Adequate
11-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Making decisions purely for the approval of Psychotic is not part of a life I would want to live.

He's all Steve's got :shobon:

Psychotic
11-16-2011, 06:19 PM
fao: Sir Lonny of BoB

Saints is a sandbox game, yes, but it actually has a damned fine story beneath its core. Yes it's ridiculous, no doubting that. But in terms of revenge and people being smurfed over and whatnot, it matches GTA imho.

As an aside, I think you and Danielle would have a right fucking laugh if you co-oped it on the PC. You can make yourselves! I think I told you me and Dan once played as the two of you. Honestly his outfit for you was deadly accurate. ...and then he pulled out the mankini!

Vincent, Thunder God
11-16-2011, 06:35 PM
I'd never heard of this series before, but I'm hearing good things about it here! I like GTA and apparently Saint's Row is even better. Who recommends that I buy it?

TrollHunter
11-16-2011, 09:50 PM
I'd never heard of this series before, but I'm hearing good things about it here! I like GTA and apparently Saint's Row is even better. Who recommends that I buy it?

I will forgive you for such a disgrace if you were to do so. You will not regret it.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-16-2011, 10:03 PM

I will forgive you for such a disgrace if you were to do so. You will not regret it.

Noted. :P I will try to find a copy.

Iceglow
11-17-2011, 03:22 AM

No, for starters I have your mother, for pudding I have Quin's sisters. And for a whipping boy, there's always going to be NCG.

I'm not buying a game based on Paul's decision. I'm buying a game based on my own decision I used to enjoy GTA a lot more when it was the "ridiculous" style of 3 and it's successor cities, especially Vice. Now, the biggest issue I have with the current generation of GTA is IV got bogged down in trying to be hyper realistic in some regards whilst attempting to keep the ridiculous edge of it's earlier iterations, unfortunately going on the trailer alone V seems to be following suit. IMHO GTA IV didn't live up to expectations and neither did it ace either one of those goals. Saints 3 is in the running because as has already been put out in this thread, it is ridiculous but there is a good storyline underneath it all. Something which appeals to me, I like my ridiculous games ridiculous, not trying to decide like the cast in the first Scream movie if it is trying to be comedy or serious. (the original Scream movie was apparently written as a comedy. It was merely the fact that the cast for some stupid reason filmed it with these "SRS" expressions and manners that it was ever taken seriously as a horror flick. Watch it again with the idea of a comedy in mind, totally changes the film)

The second option is obviously Modern Warfare 3, this is fairly simple: I like FPS games, however I prefer playing Halo multiplayer as part of a team, going lone wolf gets old quick for me in Halo, and no that isn't something to do with my skill or whatever it's simply because Halo when played as a team with some actual tactics is 10x more fun! On contrast, I often prefer going it alone in Call of Duty games since going in with most of your team near to you will merely grant the enemy the opportunity for a good multi-kill if you're surprised and relegates you to getting more assists than anything. Since we've all seemingly begun quite the long break from Halo Reach multi-player gaming I may decide to "keep with the times" and move up on to MW3 both for it's single player campaign (Veteran is a fair weeks worth of gaming maybe more on my current schedules and personal associations with certain aussies) and for it's multi-player. However it does get a bit of a "hmm but I have a shooter atm" against it in the form of my owning Gears 3 though 3rd person and 1st person for me are completely seperate.

Final solid choice? Skyrim now I'm not the worlds biggest Oblivion fan, I'm playing through it to actually "complete" the game atm which actually makes me feel like Skyrim can wait. Not to mention I got a fair few RPGs to play I haven't even begun yet. Another thing against Skyrim for me is I know come Easter/Summer next year (which going at my present rate of getting on the xbox and staying there is around when I will finally be done with the games I have in the RPG genre) there will most likely be a GOTY edition. Something which will benefit me more. This is actually the least likely of the 3 solid choices I have decided upon. Mainly because of these points, I'm eager to try it out but not eager to buy another huge RPG when I have 3 or 4 still to complete including another Elder Scrolls game. I'm not sure my fragile no seriously, I vary from wanting to play to wanting to sell them all wildly at the moment, I think it is just the boredom talking interest in games atm can survive an encounter with the world of Skyrim.

Wildcard choice for the mix? Ace Combat Assault Horizon, the game is good. The game is REALLY good going by the demo. I love the dog-fighting mode, it's a great addition though I did dislike the fact that the enemies seem to eat up a crap ton more ammo when in one than they would if fired upon from a distance. Though that could be the demo settings. Helicopter levels are a little more complex and again just how many missiles could enemy helicopters eat before finally blowing out of the sky? It was worse than the survival skills of the enemy Hind's in Call of Duty Black Ops on Veteran. Still this would fit my profile of gaming history, I've always been a sucker for that need for speed which is aerial dog-fighting. Therefore this is a game that sooner or later I am going to be all over like Julian locked in a room alone and with a 12 year old girl.

So yeah in this TLDR post I explained my options and why I am considering it and yeah a minor derailment perhaps of the topic of Saints 3. However this is the chance of those who would choose to game with me to attempt to sway my decision. Now if like Demondude, you've been too busy playing hackey sack with your bollocks to read this post and have skimmed past it to the last line? Enjoy the genital warts you're going to get from playing with them too much.

Loony BoB
11-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Translation: "I'm thinking of buying Saints 3, but there are some other games I'm interested in as well, so I'm not sure yet."

Psychotic
11-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Steve I give you permission to buy whatever game you want.

I retract your permission to make really long posts. Stop it. In fact, don't post in this thread again else I'll rename you to "Julian's Used Tissue".

Vincent, Thunder God
11-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Steve I give you permission to buy whatever game you want.

I retract your permission to make really long posts. Stop it. In fact, don't post in this thread again else I'll rename you to "Julian's Used Tissue".

What about me? Do I get to have a derisive nickname? :jess:

Psychotic
11-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Make a post as long as Iceglow's and I might just be tempted.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Make a post as long as Iceglow's and I might just be tempted.

I can't be arsed right now. xD But I'll keep it in mind for another thread.

Madame Adequate
11-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Jesus Christ Steve.

TrollHunter
11-17-2011, 10:01 PM

No, for starters I have your mother, for pudding I have Quin's sisters. And for a whipping boy, there's always going to be NCG.

I'm not buying a game based on Paul's decision. I'm buying a game based on my own decision I used to enjoy GTA a lot more when it was the "ridiculous" style of 3 and it's successor cities, especially Vice. Now, the biggest issue I have with the current generation of GTA is IV got bogged down in trying to be hyper realistic in some regards whilst attempting to keep the ridiculous edge of it's earlier iterations, unfortunately going on the trailer alone V seems to be following suit. IMHO GTA IV didn't live up to expectations and neither did it ace either one of those goals. Saints 3 is in the running because as has already been put out in this thread, it is ridiculous but there is a good storyline underneath it all. Something which appeals to me, I like my ridiculous games ridiculous, not trying to decide like the cast in the first Scream movie if it is trying to be comedy or serious. (the original Scream movie was apparently written as a comedy. It was merely the fact that the cast for some stupid reason filmed it with these "SRS" expressions and manners that it was ever taken seriously as a horror flick. Watch it again with the idea of a comedy in mind, totally changes the film)

The second option is obviously Modern Warfare 3, this is fairly simple: I like FPS games, however I prefer playing Halo multiplayer as part of a team, going lone wolf gets old quick for me in Halo, and no that isn't something to do with my skill or whatever it's simply because Halo when played as a team with some actual tactics is 10x more fun! On contrast, I often prefer going it alone in Call of Duty games since going in with most of your team near to you will merely grant the enemy the opportunity for a good multi-kill if you're surprised and relegates you to getting more assists than anything. Since we've all seemingly begun quite the long break from Halo Reach multi-player gaming I may decide to "keep with the times" and move up on to MW3 both for it's single player campaign (Veteran is a fair weeks worth of gaming maybe more on my current schedules and personal associations with certain aussies) and for it's multi-player. However it does get a bit of a "hmm but I have a shooter atm" against it in the form of my owning Gears 3 though 3rd person and 1st person for me are completely seperate.

Final solid choice? Skyrim now I'm not the worlds biggest Oblivion fan, I'm playing through it to actually "complete" the game atm which actually makes me feel like Skyrim can wait. Not to mention I got a fair few RPGs to play I haven't even begun yet. Another thing against Skyrim for me is I know come Easter/Summer next year (which going at my present rate of getting on the xbox and staying there is around when I will finally be done with the games I have in the RPG genre) there will most likely be a GOTY edition. Something which will benefit me more. This is actually the least likely of the 3 solid choices I have decided upon. Mainly because of these points, I'm eager to try it out but not eager to buy another huge RPG when I have 3 or 4 still to complete including another Elder Scrolls game. I'm not sure my fragile no seriously, I vary from wanting to play to wanting to sell them all wildly at the moment, I think it is just the boredom talking interest in games atm can survive an encounter with the world of Skyrim.

Wildcard choice for the mix? Ace Combat Assault Horizon, the game is good. The game is REALLY good going by the demo. I love the dog-fighting mode, it's a great addition though I did dislike the fact that the enemies seem to eat up a crap ton more ammo when in one than they would if fired upon from a distance. Though that could be the demo settings. Helicopter levels are a little more complex and again just how many missiles could enemy helicopters eat before finally blowing out of the sky? It was worse than the survival skills of the enemy Hind's in Call of Duty Black Ops on Veteran. Still this would fit my profile of gaming history, I've always been a sucker for that need for speed which is aerial dog-fighting. Therefore this is a game that sooner or later I am going to be all over like Julian locked in a room alone and with a 12 year old girl.

So yeah in this TLDR post I explained my options and why I am considering it and yeah a minor derailment perhaps of the topic of Saints 3. However this is the chance of those who would choose to game with me to attempt to sway my decision. Now if like Demondude, you've been too busy playing hackey sack with your bollocks to read this post and have skimmed past it to the last line? Enjoy the genital warts you're going to get from playing with them too much.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

Madame Adequate
11-18-2011, 12:05 AM
IT IS NOW TODAY

ROLL ON ROWVEMBER 18TH

Vincent, Thunder God
11-18-2011, 12:07 AM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

Me neither, and I hate it when people don't read long posts, especially mine. ;P

Iceglow
11-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Then I hope you all like genital warts from playing hackey sack with your testicles too much.

Paul, remember I know the god-forsaken town where you live....re-name me and I get on a train tomorrow and terrorize you at work.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Then I hope you all like genital warts from playing hackey sack with your testicles too much.

Genital warts? Hackey sack? Testicles? D:

TrollHunter
11-18-2011, 01:06 AM

Genital warts? Hackey sack? Testicles? D:

sounds kinky

Iceglow
11-18-2011, 01:18 AM
should have read the post bitches.

Iceglow
11-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Ok so I solved the issue on which game to get. I got Saints 3 and MW3 thus resolving that. How? Well I could only afford one but then I remembered I had like £7 on an old EGC for HMV from a while ago. I also had £20 on one from the incentive at work (think of it like commission, at the moment for an unspecified time every time someone sells an accessory with an iPad2 you get £10 on a gift card) and a £10 one from the week prior. +30% Staff discount and my total bill to pay? A little over £20. Oh yes, I am a god.

Madame Adequate
11-18-2011, 02:53 PM
It is patching right now

LET'S GET THIS SHIT STARTED

Loony BoB
11-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Ok so I solved the issue on which game to get. I got Saints 3 and MW3 thus resolving that. How? Well I could only afford one but then I remembered I had like £7 on an old EGC for HMV from a while ago. I also had £20 on one from the incentive at work (think of it like commission, at the moment for an unspecified time every time someone sells an accessory with an iPad2 you get £10 on a gift card) and a £10 one from the week prior. +30% Staff discount and my total bill to pay? A little over £20. Oh yes, I am a god.

Translation: I got Saints 3 and MW3.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-18-2011, 03:28 PM

Translation: I got Saints 3 and MW3.

Queue genital warts.

Psychotic
11-18-2011, 03:50 PM

Paul, remember I know the god-forsaken town where you live....re-name me and I get on a train tomorrow and terrorize you at work.Good luck with that JUT, I don't work Saturdays. :jess:

NeoCracker
11-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, just beat it. And all I can say is...

The Fuck?

Iceglow
11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
oh so clever, pity I have 2 days off next week and I aint telling you which ones bitch.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-18-2011, 04:33 PM
oh so clever, pity I have 2 days off next week and I aint telling you which ones bitch.

Haha, your name is Julian's Used Tissue! xD

Madame Adequate
11-18-2011, 10:29 PM
My GOD :eek:

NeoCracker
11-19-2011, 02:23 AM
Wow, they manage to reference My Little Ponies in regards to a bunch of bondaged men pulling Pony Carts. XD

Can't believe I didn't notice that the first time.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Wow, they manage to reference My Little Ponies in regards to a bunch of bondaged men pulling Pony Carts. XD

Can't believe I didn't notice that the first time.

Sounds like GTA satire.

Madame Adequate
11-20-2011, 05:24 AM
I have absolutely NO IDEA what is going on in the story half the time because, well, half the cutscenes seem to be outright missing.

It's still so awesome.

Psychotic
11-20-2011, 01:24 PM
I have absolutely NO IDEA what is going on in the story half the time because, well, half the cutscenes seem to be outright missing.Haha yeah man. I also don't know if I'm a fan of activities becoming missions, that is just lazy! But the missions and set pieces in them beforehand were so ridiculously amazing that I think I am willing to overlook that. I also don't think I like Steelport as much as I did Stilwater but I'm prepared to give it time. OH AND WHAT THE smurf IS THIS MUSIC PLAYING IN THE SHOP MENUS WHAT THE smurf REPLACE IT WITH KARMA CHAMELEON OR TAKE ON ME RIGHT NOW :argh:

Other than that, smurf yeah! The weapons are even more brutal and over the top, and I love it, particularly the new grenade system. The new animations, such as those with the awesome button and ball kicking button make me want to cry tears of joy and pain simultaneously, they are that brutally beautiful. Technically it is definitely a better game than Saints 2, which is to be expected, I haven't had any freezes at all yet and the game looks nicer. I did once get a motorbike stuck in the floor thoufh :shobon:

Madame Adequate
11-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Apparently once you reach the mission Ho Boat things get awesome and never stop. I guess they just tried to pad things out so they could say "FORTY SEVEN MISSIONS, BITCHES"? But yeah being forced to do activities strangely detracts from how much fun they are.

Also not sure about Steelport compared to Stilwater. Still got to give it time!

On the other hand the Decker specialists are amazing in every way, the Luchadore specialists have the best grenade launchers EVER, and the Morningstar specialist looks exactly like Maximillian Strauss, which is pretty smurfin balla

Also anytime Zimos says ANYTHING I am in stitches of laughter because holy tit autotuned "Mmmmwhat the smurf is that" is just :kakapo:

DK
11-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Also anytime Zimos says ANYTHING I am in stitches of laughter because holy tit autotuned "Mmmmwhat the smurf is that" is just :kakapo:

Yes. Just yes. He is the best character by far, I am pretty sure I've cracked up every time he speaks to us. I want him to come along on every mission just because.

Psychotic
11-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah it's picked the smurf up again so I dig it. Decker specialists... I want their hax power. And I want the smurfing demoman gun the Luchadores have!

Thirding the Zimos love. What a hero.

NeoCracker
11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
You know, I love all the new cast from Saints to Syndicate. But yes, Zemos is fucking awesome.

Madame Adequate
11-21-2011, 06:22 PM
... So yeah The Ho Boat is indeed when tit gets real.

Then Gang Bang happens.

Psychotic
11-21-2011, 06:26 PM
I am playing with the Russian voice. Idle comment: "I wonder what cousin Niko is up to. It has been ages since he called". :D

rofl what get out of here with your terrible games

I love SR but still, did they have to rip off the new A-team movie so blatantly where they just so happen to have an aerial battle where they're "flying" a tank against 2 Predator Drones? It's still an awesome premise but I can't help feel that they've been beaten to the punchline here.having just played this mission just wanted to say these are officially bad posts

Come on man. Come on. - J

Iceglow
11-21-2011, 11:02 PM
I've played around 9% of the game and managed to establish myself with a regular 3k or so every hour financially coming in. Mission wise, I've gotten nowhere really. I also have a couple of cars, some of which I believe are pretty decent though Paul will likely educate me in that.

I don't know what happened earlier tonight when we we're in the XBL party, my internet was partially being gay but it wasn't just that.

DK
11-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Well, me and Pauw just beat the game today, and apart from the stupid "activities = missions" bit in the middle I have to say overall it was a cracking game. Ridiculous amounts of fun to be had, great characters and weapons and I am pretty sure it will keep us entertained for a while with all the stupid tit you can do. One of our particular favourite features of the game is the screenshot feature, as we can finally share some of our spooty adventures with the world. With this in mind, in the storied tradition of da 'alo thread screenshot posts...time for a screenshot post!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844402565.jpg

DUN DUH-DUH-DUN DUH-DUH-DUN DUNANANAH!! Incidentally, that lady in the gimp suit behind us with the assault rifle is Victoria Beckham. Paul is very fond of her, and brings her along with us on quite a few of our random jaunts across Steelport.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844402621.jpg

These guys are very immature, which is probably why they suit us two quite well. Heheh, heh heh heh, eheheheh.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844408726.jpg

We don't like the filth. We have Dildo Bats. What do you think is going to happen?

B&B aren't the only guys we've rocked. Me and Pauw generally switch up our characters quite frequently during our games on Saints. He has some more screenies of us having a Dildo bat war on the edge of a sky scraper as B&B, and also a few of our adventures as Sly Stallone and Steven Segal. I don't have those though unfortunately so I'll have to wait until he can give them to me. What I do have though, are the adventures of Ronnie Coleman and Barack Obama!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844596323.jpg

They're dancing in a fountain. Outside of a Nuclear plant. I don't know why either, it just seemed like a cool photo op at the time. :shobon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844595699.jpg

We love pimping our rides in Saints. The blinged out golf buggy is an old favourite.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844596127.jpg

Just look at this monstrosity. How awesome is that?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844596187.jpg

Not as awesome as Paul's driving skills.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844596870.jpg

His piloting is even better. Seriously. Pauw is legendary for his inability to control planes in the Saints games. If you look closely, you can see that the A-10 is already mangled up and smoking before we've even properly taken off! But Pauw does not like it when I mock his flying. He was determined to fly brilliantly and pull off some slick moves and not give me any screenshot material.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844596938.jpg

Can you tell where this is going?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844596948.jpg

The best part is he didn't even do this on purpose, he really did want to fly like a Top Gun. :shobon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844597318.jpg

This is what happens when you hit people with the Fart in a Jar. They puke all over the place. :excited:

On an unrelated note, you know how you can get vehicles in the game that aren't customizable? For instance, that slick black and blue motorbike you get for doing the Tron trailblazing activities. Yeah well, that tit doesn't fly with me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844577382.jpg

YEEEEAAAAA BUDDY. You know you want it, but you can't have it. It's mine. :smug:

We also like to dress up as our friends in Saints, to bring them along on our wacky adventures with us. Stillwater was never the same after our Loony BoB and smittenkitten rolled into town. Of course we had to carry on this tradition over into Steelport! So without further ado...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844589158.jpg

We think he is the spitting image of the real Steve. He also has the same strange "tastes" as the real Steve as well:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844589238.jpg

Don't you dare judge him. Our little Steve can do whatever makes him happy and none of you can tell him any different. :colbert:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844589254.jpg

Not. A. Word. :doublecolbert:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844589285.jpg

A man's gotta eat, right? But then something startling happens. The lunchbox decides to escape!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844589345.jpg

"COME BACK WITH ME DINNER!!" Steve is not having this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844589431.jpg

Unfortunately the lunchbox was not quite the easy foe our man Lamb thought it would be, and it decided to fight back. Steve did not fare well, so he decided to let it go and find a new friend instead.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844589628.jpg

After this, me and Paul decided to recreate one of our favourite Steve staples, the fabled "girl on the train" story! You know the one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844591501.jpg

"yea yea I was on me way 'ome from da HMV today and I went to get on da train, and I saw dis gorgeous Chilean/Australian/German/American/Somalian girl and our eyes met"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844591530.jpg

"Den I gave her a good look at the merchandise and you know, you KNOW she was into me. Ended up getting her number didn't I?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844591734.jpg

"Den I called 'er to come round to me flat and as soon as she got through the door, she gave me a sexy show hehehehehe!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844591868.jpg

"So yeah, basically I shagged her just like I shagged Julian's mum. Just another day in me life really :smug:"

Never gets old, the train story. Just in case there are any of you out there who don't know him as well as we do, we made a translated version of the story as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844589945.jpg

"yea yea guys, I got on da train when I was coming back from da HMV and I caught the eye of dis gorgeous bird. Got her number didn't I? only a matter of time before she came round to me flat."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844592178.jpg

"Couldn't keep her 'ands off me could she? I shagged her just like I shagged Julian's mum."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844592202.jpg

"Just another day in me life really. :smug:"

And there you have it. Never change, buddy, we love ya and your stories. A true man amongst men.

So that is our first installment of Saints screenies. We'll definitely have more to come, probably would have more as it is but the server was being spooty as hell so we gave up taking them eventually. One thing that is a nightmare is actually getting the screenshots off the god damn website, one of the most convoluted and stupid systems ever. Ended up having to use a firefox add-on to hax them off, but it made it a lot easier and quicker. But yeah, good times all round. Love this game. <3

Madame Adequate
11-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Trufax: Steve is so vile that he repulses a thing designed as a receptacle for bodily waste

Also I like the golf cart but I've got a blinged out street cleaner and oh jesus it's the most beautiful thing

Depression Moon
11-23-2011, 01:07 AM
This game looks fun, but is it really?

Madame Adequate
11-23-2011, 03:34 AM
This game looks fun, but is it really?

No.

"Fun" is an incredible understatement. Saints Row is absolutely, unashamedly batshit insane and it is absolutely fucking awesome.

Psychotic
11-23-2011, 06:16 PM
I never want to play as a toilet again. You told me it would just be for decoration purposes :colbert:

NeoCracker
11-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I like how all the different voices seem to hit on different characters.

Female Voice one makes a lot of Lesbian comments about Mikinzee, (I forget the spelling already), and the Russian chick has a massive boner for pierce. Her line during Three Way is freaking awesome.

Madame Adequate
11-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Did you mean Kinzie? :eyebrow:

Also just did deckers.die last night and hahahahahahahahahhahahaha oh god also surprised to see that although in the cyber world he was an arrogant punk, Matt knew precisely when he was beaten and he was god damn smart enough to accept it, swallow his pride, and buy his life. Was really expecting him to be Shogo turned up to 11 tbh

NeoCracker
11-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes, yes I do. I'm terrible with names. :p

Iceglow
11-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Myself and Paul spent about 2.5 hours on co-op mode tonight where we basically just pissed off the cops and the gangs until they brought their best at us. This has actually resulted in some pretty cool additions to my garage: A Challenger tank, A hummer with the machine gun mounted (ahhh gotta love the army), a bear (I actually got this just prior to Paul joining me, and an Eagle (black hawk) chopper. It also ended up with much comedy whereby Paul kept strapping C4 explosives to me as I ran up to the soldiers, gangers and police and performed wrestling moves on them prior to Paul blowing me and them the fuck up. This has made me at around a quarter of the way through the game nigh on invincible.

Madame Adequate
11-25-2011, 02:21 PM
I put on the "all peds are zombies" cheat and then annoyed a Morningstar gang operation until their buddies showed up.

Holy christ so much chaos :psyduck:

Psychotic
11-25-2011, 10:16 PM
I don't think the story had quite the impact that Saints 2's had. Saints 2 had so many powerful moments like Carlos, the revenge on Jessica, Aisha, "Get up", Julius whereas The Third only really had one comparable, and that was only if you make a specific choice in an ending. The one where you wreck an already broken Kilbane, Pierce phones and asks if letting Shaundi, Viola and Burt die was worth it, and the Boss doesn't say anything but lets their hand drop. I mean, there's a fucking obvious moment at the start that they could've made into a real "OH SHIT" moment but fucking hell, "See you in stil-BANGBANGBANG" "Johnny?" what the fuck man. Not a worthy or awesome death at all.

Iceglow
11-26-2011, 12:05 AM
What I like is that although I'm only 48% of the way through, the game rewards you for doing a second play through in achievements. Sometimes games with multiple choice story lines only reward you for 1 play through even though the options can result in a completely different story line. Looking forwards to my second play through on this already. Heck the game is excellent and as I said to Paul I definitely see me scouring the PPG at work for Saints Row 2 to go with this.

Madame Adequate
11-26-2011, 12:17 AM
I don't think the story had quite the impact that Saints 2's had. Saints 2 had so many powerful moments like Carlos, the revenge on Jessica, Aisha, "Get up", Julius whereas The Third only really had one comparable, and that was only if you make a specific choice in an ending. The one where you wreck an already broken Kilbane, Pierce phones and asks if letting Shaundi, Viola and Burt die was worth it, and the Boss doesn't say anything but lets their hand drop. I mean, there's a smurfing obvious moment at the start that they could've made into a real "OH tit" moment but smurfing hell, "See you in stil-BANGBANGBANG" "Johnny?" what the smurf man. Not a worthy or awesome death at all.

Yeah I'm honestly very disappointed by the SR3 story given how great 2's was. :( I didn't even go for the Killbane ending, it made no sense. I had already wrecked his shit in the ring and unmasked him, something Angel specifically said was "worse than death", and now he was buggering off out of town. Miller had quit, Viola was on my side, the entire Syndicate was pretty much leaderless. And in-game Killbane hadn't even DONE much to me, just talked shit in scenes the Boss would never have heard about and then got his ass kicked. So what the fuck do I care for? Even if I do I can track him down later with Viola and not-Shaundi, it's not like Kinzie couldn't find him!

Also Zimos just disappeared and that was a crime :(

Iceglow
12-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Ok so I'm 74% of the way completed now, and I understand there's 3 chapters to the game's main story? Well I'm loving it it's bat-shit insane x1000 in terms of game play, the styling and the writing though I've only just completed the first Oleg mission, where you recruit Veronica in to the Saints. Unleashing S.T.A.G. across Steelport.

Shiny
12-01-2011, 07:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/picture%20album%20roflofl/saints/126189308844589431.jpg
What in the hell is going on here?

Psychotic
12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Steve who the hell is Veronica?

Also it's a sentient toilet with fists punching Steve. What of it? :confused:

Madame Adequate
12-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Steve, who the hell is Veronica? :confused:

Iceglow
12-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Shit, sorry was shattered when I wrote that. Meant Viola xD.

Iceglow
12-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I completed the game last night. I got 97% completion so far guessing the 3% is upgrading my strongholds and stuff like that?