PDA

View Full Version : Parasite Eve tips, please!

Fynn
03-12-2011, 10:13 PM
I started Parasite Eve some time ago... And I don't like it. I dig the atmosphere, and all, but it's the battle system that hates me. I think I am to blame, 'cause I melded the abilities of all of Aya's guns into one, turning it into a slow handgun with five shots, so basically she gets killed in spaces smaller than those the size of a football pitch. Basically, I gave up at the part where you fight Sheeva.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to give this game a second chance. Once I'm done with Mother 3, I'll start over. Now, I want you guys to give me tips regarding, the battle system, weapons, etc. Anything you can think of that might be helpful and make me enjoy the game more. Thanks! ;)

Saber
03-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Well first I'll give a tip about surviving the battle system. Each monster works in its own way and all attacks are completely avoidable if you know them well enough. The system is to wait for the right time and then shoot at the enemy. Once you know the enemies well enough, you will learn to dodge all their attacks, even some bosses.

Another tip is that using tools to upgrade weapons you get during the story is a good idea. However, you will get stronger weapons and can upgrade them to have up to six or seven added abilities. So its a good idea to use a gun of your choice until you find a weapon that fits you best. As you progress you will find other weapons that are stronger and stronger. Once you take the stats from a old weapon and add it to a new weapon the old weapon becomes obsolete and the new weapon is most of the time better. You can only keep the weapons when you have a super tool. Armor can be found and like weapons can also be upgraded.

My best advice for weapon/armor upgrading is to not worry about add ons early on but the amount of times it can be upgraded (with a special effect) and focus only on stats. When you get to the point of no return (the T-rex) you will have many weapons with many effects. Now you can go ahead and make a good weapon worth keeping. One thing you don't want to do it use a weapon for stats when it has an add on you like. Its best to take the add on instead.

I managed to finish the game and have 1 of every weapon. Its also important to remember that each time you finish the game you can play a new game +. So all the weapons can be found infinite amount of times except those in the bonus building.

Vyk
03-13-2011, 12:53 AM
I need to replay these games. I made it to the end of the first one on a rental, and have yet to enjoy the second one. So happy to hear they're re-visiting the universe. But I'm pretty sure the second one was an RPG as well. Not sure why they're making the third an action game. Guess they didn't learn their lesson with Front Mission and Dirge of Cerberus

Fynn
03-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks, Sora! That sounds really helpful, I'll keep that in mind ;)

Vyk, I heard that the 3rd Birthday is still an action RPG. And even if that's not the case, it was named one of the three best games on the PSP (can't remember by whom, sorry ^_^'), along with God of War and KH: Birth by Sleep. So yeah, I doubt they made the wrong decision.

Vyk
03-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh, awesome. Hopefully that's true. All I saw was a preview on Game Trailers that only talked about switching bodies and gunning down baddies. But if its still a really well done action RPG I'll probably be happy

Saber
03-15-2011, 03:27 AM
Another tip that I forgot to add is if you collect enough junk and have wayne get rid of it, you can get an awesome weapon of your choice. There is a list and you will have to get on a faq to really see which one is best but if you want to take the quest, its there. It takes somewhere around 300 pieces of junk.

Another thing I will mention is to use you BP to weapon/armor stats. This is a game where you can play multiple times so when your at your last playthrough then it would be wise to work on how much items you can hold and what not. This game can have a lot of customizing but once you learn that weapons and armor are most important it makes up in the end... reason : Your chosen weapon and armor will be carried on after new game plus! so its undeniable that wasting BP on item holding and stuff isn't worth it as it will all get reseted after the final battle. The weapon and armor you get to name will not get reset and will have the exact stats as you did when you beat the game.

One more thing is ammo. You get a lot during battles but usually you will run out at some point. Make sure you empty any weapons ammo into the ammo box before you discard it or use a tool and lose it.

Ok, that's all I can think of right now. Hope I helped ^^

Fynn
03-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Very helpful, thank you :love: Once I start the game again, you'll be the person I'll turn to when I have any problems.