PDA

View Full Version : stillshrine of miriam

magemasher
03-14-2011, 10:28 PM
hey guys and girls. The first time I played this game this is where I got to and I gave in here. I have now decided to play again and I am stuck in the same place. I am on the boss (Mateus) and I can't beat him. At best I get him down to 25% and then he does his move which hits everyone.

What charecter levels should I be at. At the moment my charecters are

Vaan 21
Penelo 22
Fran 22
Ashe 22
Balthier 25
Basch 26

I spent about 7 hours today grinding and getting through the shrine.

Some tips on bringing in a decent bit of gil would be apreciated as well. I don't think I have had more than 7000 gil inthe whole game.

My armour is crap as well.

Anyone have any tips please:)

Sephiroth
03-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Do you have learned your Mist Knacks? That should solve the problem. Then your level and equipment is not that important.

magemasher
03-14-2011, 10:46 PM
No, what are mist knacks? Ashe, Basch and Penelo have 5 quickinings between them and 1 summon.

I just lack a little bit of fire power and grinding takes so long on ff12 compared to the others.

Remon
03-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Well grinding for a few more levels could definitely help. Mateus is at 30. So something close to that.
Mist knacks are the quickenings, try using them before he uses his attack. You could also try using electric spells.
Also there's too little gill making. Try chaining the monsters instead of just killing them.
EDIT
If you can get back to Bhujerba, do so and chain those skeletons at Shunia twinspan.
Or you can chain and steal from the coerls in Golmore. I'm surprised that you make such few gill.

magemasher
03-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Can't use spells unfortunately, he always has reflect on.

Thanks for the tips on on the chaining, I forget to mention I have no teleport stones either, so I am kind of stuck in the area. The Paranima rift is ok for loot but it takes like an hour to get 4000 gil, so it gets real tedios.

I have decided to go back to golmore jungle and chain the malboro's, I will try and steal some coerls pelts while i'm there, if they don't kick my arse that is.

The weapons/armour/spells are so expensive there just isn't enough gil in the game. Personally I blame the recession;)

Remon
03-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah going back to the jungle is the best thing to do. I think the undead monsters drop teleport stones but I'm not sure which ones. I'll look it up.

Remon
03-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Looks like the Dark Skeletons in the Paramina and the Dark Lords in the stillshrine can rarely drop teleport stones. So while you're chaining them you will probably gain few teleport stones :p

magemasher
03-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Aaah nice one. Thanks for that fella.

It's only taken 5 years but finaly I have beaten the stillshrine