PDA

View Full Version : Elections Round 2

Election Booth
03-15-2011, 01:33 AM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd61/Seiken_Bushido/Personal/Random%20Locked%20Stuff/ForumElections.png
"Hang on, that banner is familiar...Yeah well stop your bitching."

Welcome to Round 2! I trust you are all enjoying yourselves so far, hmm? Freya and her princesses are looking quite divine, you should check them out if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately, not every party was able to garner the support they needed to advance into this next stage. Two parties have perished, their dreams vanished along with it. But never fear, the elections are not over yet, and anything could happen!

The remaining parties are (in no particular order):

The Newbie Party
The Princess Party
The Poké Party
The Cactuar/Hemp Taco Party
The Justice League of the Internet Unlimited
The 501st Legion

These six parties are all vying for your votes. But first, we need to give them a task so they can earn those votes.

Parties! You must designate the following positions to your members:

Minister for the Arts
Minister of Communication
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Treasurer

No member can have any more than one (1) of these portfolios. All parties have at least four members, so each party can easily meet this requirement.

In addition to this, the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister candidates must also be nominated. These members can also have one of the four (4) afore mentioned portfolios. If you guys mess this one up, I will flay you. It is important you have all these positions worked out quickly, because....

The Minister of the Arts for each of the parties have to tell us "Which Final Fantasy character is best and why?" There are no regulations for this. You may write an essay, a poem, record a video, do some art, whatever you think will win you the most votes. Make it interesting though, or I'll laugh at you!

The Minister for Communication of each party has an important job in this round too. Your role is to run an effective smear campaign against the other parties and party leaders and/or members. Note: Keep it within forum rules, you dolts. Otherwise, go wild. There is no limit on this, but the better you smear, the more votes you will get!

You will have 36 hours to perform all of these tasks. The Minister for the Arts should Mognet Message me their creation, while the Minister for Communication can start wailing on his/her opponents effective immediately.

All members are permitted to support their Ministers. Discuss your tactics in your party thread, preferably, that way we can all comment on how grand/stupid your ideas are in the nicest possible way.

Phew, see you in 36 hours! :kiss:

qwertysaur
03-15-2011, 01:36 AM
That banner is familiar. Still good though :p

Jiro
03-15-2011, 01:46 AM
I swear to god, you make one banner and it just gets exploited. It's the best thing I've ever made though.

G13
03-15-2011, 01:49 AM
Aw man, writing and fighting. My two favorite things in the world!

Madonna
03-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Whoa, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Treasurer get to do nothing? They sound like cushy jobs to me.

Glad to see most parties make it this far. It will make victory all the sweeter.

Yar
03-15-2011, 02:18 AM
I defected to the Star Wars party by the way.

Go go Team Enterprise!

Election Booth
03-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Whoa, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Treasurer get to do nothing? They sound like cushy jobs to me.

For now.

I defected to the Star Wars party by the way.

No. You informed Election Booth of your allegiance to the Princess Party. The first round is over, you must remain with your party or retire.

Madonna
03-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Burn.

G13
03-15-2011, 03:33 AM
Ugh. And he only joined to make sure her party would stay in the race. Someone change his name, he's not worthy of it! :mad:

Yar
03-15-2011, 06:11 AM
lol sorry eric! :monster: I'm a princess for now and forever~

Freya
03-15-2011, 06:53 AM
hehehe

NorthernChaosGod
03-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Princesses are worthless without the prince. :p

Loony BoB
03-15-2011, 10:52 AM
36 hours!? How are we meant to have a conversation with people around the world in that short a space of time? This will be awkward, particularly given that various positions must be allocated to people without knowing what kind of task they may receive going forward. Hmmm.

Election Booth
03-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Delegation is a key strength of any Prime Ministerial candidate. Pick your cabinet members and have them work; these tasks are not too strenuous! :jess:

But I suppose if two-thirds of the parties agree to an extended time frame, I will give an extra 12 hours. Democracy is fun!

Loony BoB
03-15-2011, 12:57 PM
At least 48 hours would be super-ideal. Honestly, I don't really mind that much, it's a challenge! I'm just hoping to give the newer members to EoFF more of a chance to sit back and understand what's going on before they are rushed into a position. Considering some of the members in my party are very new and are thus a little confused by some of the things going on with the elections, this would also make the election more newbie-friendly, something I think everyone should get behind!

On a sidenote, what happens if someone is unavailable during their task since we don't know when the future tasks are due to go ahead? Can we change the cabinet positions at that point if need be?

EDIT: I just realised that there is now 36 hours to not only get the positions sorted but also to get the articles in and for the smear campaign to go ahead. For some reason I was under the impression the original 36 hours was just for the positions to be decided. I think it would be better for something like this - 36 hours to get the positions sorted, then an additional 24 hours to get the other stuff done. This allows for more time, and subsequently, more creativity. Basically, I need to get enough time for people to let me know what they are interested in, for me to confirm who is what, and then for them to do their thing (should they have a task to do).

EDIT: I also just realised you posted this right after I went to bed so I'm already 12 hours behind and am thus limited to a mere 24 hours! Grr. >=(

Election Booth
03-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Here's my logic: the smear campaign will be constant throughout the remainder of the elections. I just thought it needed... encouraging. The Minister of Arts' task should be simple enough to complete in 36 hours, and the other ministers have nothing to do yet.

Cabinet reshuffles are allowed, I just didn't want the same person performing every task. That's just :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Loony BoB
03-15-2011, 01:26 PM
That's fair enough. And so long as we aren't getting judged on the smear campaign as a 'finished product' then it's all good. It can be an ongoing process. ;)

Psychotic
03-15-2011, 03:17 PM
And so long as we aren't getting judged on the smear campaignOh, you'd like that wouldn't you? I WONDER WHY...

That's right! It's time for another award-winning edition of:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/pokenews.gif

Psychotic F. Walrein here, bringing you a SHOCKING revelation about the leader of the so-called Newbie Party, an individual who refers to himself as "Loony BoB".

Allegations are flying around that because only BoB's oldbie friends want to join his supposed Newbie Party, he has been preying on and coercing newer members into joining. We vowed to uncover THE TRUTH!

A member of the The Poké Party went undercover wearing a wire, posing as new member sephirothdude95721, when he was approached by Loony BoB.

What you hear may disturb you.

TRANSCRIPT:

Undercover Reporter: Hey guys what's going on, this is sephirothdude95721, I'm new to this website and I hope to meet some really cool people.

Loony BoB: Hi hi, I'm Loony BoB, but you can call me Daniel, mate.

Undercover Reporter: Oh hey Daniel, what's up man?

Loony BoB: Oh, you know, just chopping my wood, heheheheh! So... what are you into mate?

Undercover Reporter: Oh you know, I just like movies, reading, and of course, Final Fantasy.

Loony BoB: Final Fantasy eh? Oh! Do you like chocobos mate?

Undercover Reporter: Sure, yeah, they're pretty cool.

Loony BoB: Yeah, yeah, they are. May seem like a funny question mate, but have you ever seen a chocobos' engorged penis?

Undercover Reporter: Uhhh...no?

Loony BoB: Ahhh perfect. Look, mate, I'm holding a get together for new members, called a newbie party. You can meet some really cool people there. And maybe, just maybe mate, you'll see what I've been talking about with those chocobos.

With his trademark sinister chuckle, Loony BoB invites a new member to look at a chocobo's engorged penis. Seems harmless enough, right? Sure, if you believe the lies of the LIBERAL MEDIA!

What parents might not know is that "looking at a chocobo's engorged penis" is actually street slang for DOING DRUGS! That's right, Loony BoB, alleged respected member of Eyes on Final Fantasy, is trying to lure YOUR newbies into a life of drugs and crime and gangs!

How can we protect our newbies from this horror? Look out for the following signs in your newbie:

Strange and unusual growths of hair on their chin.
A newfound love of statistics and pie charts.
Use of strange slang and phrases, such as "Bugger" and "Mate"
An inexplicable ability to acquire attractive girls.
Threats to shop their own grandmothers into the police.

If your newbie displays two or more of these symptoms, I am afraid you're going to have to shoot them to put them out of their misery. That or send them off to MILITARY SCHOOL!

This was a special report by Psychotic F. Walrein - the F stands for smurf YEAH!

Loony BoB
03-15-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm at work now, but what are the odds of that wav file including yet another attempt to sound like a New Zealander that in the end sounds much more like an Australian? :(

I disapprove of drugs and crime. Gangs are only acceptable when the gangs are named after Final Fantasy groups such as The Judges, The Turks and The Fat Chocobos. I most certainly disapprove of anyone outside of the veterinary industry investigating any kind of chocobo penis, and even then only for medical or scientific reasons, and even then only if it does not cause the chocobo any unneccessary pain. I've never even heard of any kind of drug associated with chocobos outside of greens. People, remember: Greens are for chocobos. Don't eat them.

Psychotic
03-15-2011, 03:52 PM
As a kid I watched every episode of The Tribe, man, I know what your sort sound like. :colbert:

Loony BoB
03-15-2011, 04:05 PM
The Tribe? Urgh, I never liked that show. =/ NZ is good at movies, not so much regular TV. Although I'm certain there was some NZ show about a lawyer that I enjoyed a bit. What was it... Street Legal? Something like that.

Aerith's Knight
03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Let the begging for my vote/membership begin.

p.s. I can be bought.

Agent Proto
03-15-2011, 10:55 PM
The Ultimate Warrior is the perfect fit for the Justice League of the Internet. We stand for the same things, justice, truth, and taking down evil, such as the HOAK HOGAN. You belong in our team, Ultimate Warrior!

Del Murder
03-15-2011, 11:09 PM
In fact, you wouldn't even have to change your name. The great power of the WARRIOR is more than enough to support the team against the evil Hogans that lie ahead.

Aerith's Knight
03-16-2011, 12:13 AM
You had me at WARRIOR.

It's the dedication of two mouse clicks that does it.

qwertysaur
03-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Just letting you know that you are supposed to send your work to Election Booth Privately. Click on jis username, then select Mognet message. :p

Christmas
03-16-2011, 12:24 AM
ou will have 36 hours to perform all of these tasks. The Minister for the Arts should Mognet Message me their creation,

Yuna, I think you are suppose to Mognet message election booth! Musn't let others see your masterpiece and copy it right? :bigsmile:

YunaTidus
03-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Whoops -.-

Guess I'm not a noob for nothing, am I :D

Christmas
03-16-2011, 03:23 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/Cute.gif

Hey everyone, I think I just got appointed as the Minister of Communication, I told BoB I will take any leftover position and apparently this is the position I am stuck with! So this is Christmas here with some deadly revelations! Christmas is here, so never fear! :bigsmile:

A DEADLY RAPIST IN THE ADMIST OF A CERTAIN PARTY!?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/Rapist.png

THE VICTIM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/rapee-1.png

THE WHOLE STORY

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/story.png?t=1300240701

A RARE PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN BY OUR SATELLITE OF THE ACTUAL SCENE

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/rape-1.png

The beast armed with lust and MORE LUST in action!

We're here to support everything Pokémon and to push for better racial harmony within the forums, .

IS THAT THE SOFT OF RACIAL HARMONY THAT THE PARTY IS PROMOTING!? WHERE ARE YOUR MORALS!? DO YOU THINK THAT THE POKEMONS ARE SAFE WITH HIM!? LOOK AT THE PICTURE BELOW!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/LUCKYBUNNIES.jpg

A picture drawn by the rapist himself

A RELEVATION FROM OUR BELOVED RYE ABOUT THE PICTURE!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/Rye.png

AND HERE WHERE HE REVEAL HIS DIRTY FETISH FOR BUTTHOLES! EVEN A CUTE ADORABLE INNOCENT BUNNY WAS NOT SPARE FROM HIS LUST!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/LUCKYBUNNIES-1.jpg

NOTICE THAT BUTT PLUG!!!???

Think of every buttholes of our beloved forum members and not forgetting the pokemons! Will the forums be safe if we allow such a party that accept such a member around!? I for one want my butthole free from that monster!!! :mymelbert:

Christmas - Minister of Communication of the Newbie party.

Madonna
03-16-2011, 04:17 AM
http://fools-gold.org/forum/images/smilies/rabite.giflearly you have never seen a rabite.

Christmas
03-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Lynx! Why are we in different parties!? :(

And to think you are in league with that dirty rapist! :(

Madonna
03-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Dearest Christmas, you have aligned with BoB. You know, the guy who has forever forbade me from getting another name change ever under all pains of every conceivable death imaginable. I have no idea why our blood has turned so bad unless it is all Little Manus's fault. He probably tried to tear us apart because our hatred of him was so strong together. The best solution, therefore, is to forget what Psychotic may have done to Little Manus, and give Little Manus a walloping he deserves. With a heavy rock.

Loony BoB
03-16-2011, 10:01 AM
I don't want your username to change because I love you. It's like when your kid wants to do drugs and you tell your kid "No, kid, don't do that. Stay clean. Have healthy food." Basically, when it comes to doing drugs, going to school and drinking milk, I side firmly with Mr. T - who, it should be noted, has informed me in recent times that Genius Lynx is an awesome name and he sends a personal message on to yourself: "Don't change your name, fool."

Christmas
03-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Dearest Christmas, you have aligned with BoB. You know, the guy who has forever forbade me from getting another name change ever under all pains of every conceivable death imaginable. I have no idea why our blood has turned so bad unless it is all Little Manus's fault. He probably tried to tear us apart because our hatred of him was so strong together. The best solution, therefore, is to forget what Psychotic may have done to Little Manus, and give Little Manus a walloping he deserves. With a heavy rock.

Dearest lovable :heart: :heart: Lynx, I aligned with his party, not him. Besides, I dun want to spend hours looking for you everytime I come back a few months later if your name is changed to something else.:bigsmile:

I want my Lynx tracked down easily so your name should stay the same! :bigsmile:

As for Psychotic and LITTLE MANUS, well I got news that you are Psychotic's next target so to prevent him for laying his claws on you....THE WORLD MUST KNOW THE TRUTH! :(

Election Booth
03-16-2011, 12:04 PM
I am waiting on four (4) submissions from the potential Ministers for the Arts. Deadlines are an important part of politics.

There is an hour and a half (1.5) remaining. If, in the next one (1) hour I do not receive at least two (2) more submissions, I will extend the deadline by 12 hours. However, this is not exactly fair to those parties who have already met the deadline.

Instead of punishing the slowpokes (looking at you, Poké Party), I will instead give a slight advantage to the fast parties. In the event of a time extension, any party who has made a submission may ask me, Election Booth, for a hint on what one of the other ministers tasks might be. I will tell them entirely what it entails.

Is this not clear? Let me summarise:

Submit Arts Minister's :bou::bou::bou::bou:
Get told one role's task
????
Profit!

GO

kotora
03-16-2011, 12:06 PM
This is an outrage! What's the point of a hint if our time gets extended anyway if we miss the deadline? I demand a far better compensation :colbert:

Loony BoB
03-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Wow, it's amazing that the Newbie Party was the only one calling for an extension to the time length yet we got ours done on time. The true mark of an organised party. :) Not only doing what they can to get things changed in the process but still working to the time given to them in the meantime! All this thanks to Christmas and YunaTidus in particular, I have to say.

Election Booth
03-16-2011, 12:10 PM
This is an outrage! What's the point of a hint if our time gets extended anyway if we miss the deadline? I demand a far better compensation :colbert:

A headstart on the task isn't good enough? Shall I point out that it isn't a 12 hour headstart, it is 12 hours plus voting time. If that isn't a good enough compensation, I also have some coupons to the EoFF giftshop and a date with ff babe to give away.

The Newbie Party's concern for not only their own party, but all parties, is what encouraged me to give a "reward" to the parties who have submitted their task. You are a shining beacon Loony BoB. This is not an official endorsement, you potentially-deviant chocobo.

Loony BoB
03-16-2011, 12:16 PM
You are a shining beacon Loony BoB.
And I only use shampoo and soapy water, too.

If the date with ffbabe isn't enough to get a certain member of the Poké party pulling some quick strings before the existing deadline, I don't know what is.

G13
03-16-2011, 12:28 PM
The 36 hours is almost up? Well :bou::bou::bou::bou:. I thought I had at least another 12.

Election Booth
03-16-2011, 12:33 PM
As a bonus prize you can look at this sweet website I made:

C:\Documents and Settings\katz\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\PubWebPagePreview\pub3 732.1\index_files\Page457.htm

Just copy paste duh! :jess:

YunaTidus
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM
I would just like to point out that I knew about the deadline, but I didn't read far enough back to see when it started. And time is just now almost up?

>.>

<.<

I could have taken a break forever and still made it on time! :jess:

Christmas
03-16-2011, 12:41 PM
I would just like to point out that I knew about the deadline, but I didn't read far enough back to see when it started. And time is just now almost up?

>.>

<.<

I could have taken a break forever and still made it on time! :jess:

This shows how efficient our members are! Way to go Yuna! :kaoclove:

YunaTidus
03-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Jesus...I should really read stuff more, huh?

*High-fives Christmas*

Election Booth
03-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Could a representative from the JLI please mognet message me with the position whose task you wish to know more about? I will also send back ff babe's contact details. Go wild.

Election Booth
03-16-2011, 01:28 PM
So I'll see you guys in 12 hours for the actual reveal, seeing as a few parties have been slack. It's not fun without everyone's submissions! Congratulations to the parties who made the deadline, I hope your hints are useful (Fun Fact: You each picked a different minister) and aid you in your quest for EoFF leadership.

As for the rest of you, well keep 'em coming because I want to see something awesome. Also I don't actually have ff babe's contact information, sorry folks!

PS the deadline is on the hour/ half hour of this post. So round up to the nearest 30 minute block, count forward 12 hours, hey presto. If you get this wrong, I will flay you.

qwertysaur
03-16-2011, 03:31 PM
My piece is submitted. My apologies for being late, an emergency came up, team Rocket attacked a group of picnickers outside of Cerulean City.

Old Manus
03-16-2011, 04:48 PM
He doesn't lie when he says he's 9 inches

Psychotic
03-16-2011, 06:44 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/pokenews.gif

MANDALORE AND JULBACCA: WE'RE RAISING OUR SON TO BE TREKKIE

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/ericandjulian.jpg

The married couple behind the 501st Legion, Mandalore the Guardian and Julbacca, seen here with their disturbingly contrasted faces* and their young son, Worf, have a dark secret.

PokéNews can exclusively reveal that they are actually Trekkies.

"Star Wars?" Mandalore laughed to an undercover PokéNews reporter dressed as a sheikh. "What a load of utter crap. I mean, seriously? Lightsabers?"
"Yeah" chimed in Julbacca, as he poured an entire bowl of gazpacho soup over the head of a small dog. "It's highly illogical. It just lacks the realism of Star Trek, you know? The Force? The smurf is that, man?"

This revelation will rock loyal 501st members to the core. As explained Mandalore-

"Look, nobody out there wants to vote for Star Trek. It's just not what the public want. So we dress up as Stormtroopers and parade around for the voters as they smile and cheer, but smurf them."
"Seriously" smirked Julbacca, placing his head between Mandalore's thighs and letting out a noise like a train whistle "We pretend to like Star Wars during the day, but when we come home at night, we throw off the mask. Trek until I die."

The two of them also plan to educate their son, Worf, (who publically is known as "Jango") in the ways of the USS Enterprise, as opposed to the Force. Quite how a hispanic street punk and a hairy caveman produced an asian child is anyone's guess, but I will leave that for my readers to decide for themselves.

I have been Psychotic F. Walrein, and you have all been amazing.

*hey eric you asshole how about you spend money on a proper camera so that when weirdos on the internet want to photoshop you into a gay Star Trek pose it doesn't look like ass? :colbert:

Aerith's Knight
03-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Ha!

G13
03-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Ha!

Hollycat
03-16-2011, 09:58 PM
In the dessert, you will meet
Plenty of tacos for you to eat.
Cause we're the cactuar taco party!
We've got tacos, and parties!
So if with us you wanna mess.
You'll end up with 1000 needles up your ass

Shiny
03-16-2011, 10:39 PM
You probably have already said this some where, but when is the deadline for the Minister of Communication thing?

qwertysaur
03-16-2011, 10:48 PM
I think the communications task is an ongoing task :p

Shiny
03-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah, but it inevitably has a deadline. :p

qwertysaur
03-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Then when the poképarty takes office polls are closed and the results are published.

escobert
03-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Newbie Part is the way of Winners! :bigsmile:

Election Booth
03-17-2011, 01:57 AM
Good night, Round 2.