PDA

View Full Version : It's not as much fun as you'd think, eating unborn babies

Aerith's Knight
03-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Couple weeks ago I had some fine cuisine Caviar.

...And it was disgusting. Tasted like that bad fish smell you smell in a fish market. It has been burned into my mind and the taste will never leave me again.

What haute cuisine food have you had that turned out to be a big disappointment?

Vyk
03-16-2011, 01:37 AM
I never had any faith that caviar would be anything but disgusting. I'm trying to think... I rarely eat expensive food. Obscure food on the other hand I do sometimes. I think squid might be my most obscure though. That wasn't terrible but its definitely an acquired taste. Same with sushi. I've tried it twice, and its very dry and unappetizing. Oh well

fire_of_avalon
03-16-2011, 02:02 AM
I had coq au vin once in high school. It's supposed to be fancy. Ugh.

Aerith's Knight
03-16-2011, 02:04 AM
. I think squid might be my most obscure though. That wasn't terrible but its definitely an acquired taste. Same with sushi. I've tried it twice, and its very dry and unappetizing. Oh well

I ordered that by mistake in a greek restaurant once. Bleh, it wasn't that bad, but the fact of knowing I was chewing on a suction cup of a squid, or at least that's what it looked like... *shudders*

Iceglow
03-16-2011, 02:24 AM
Squid and Octopus are lovely whats wrong with you freaks. Seriously, you'd think it's like someone asked you to eat a Grimer.

Caviar is really an aqcuired taste by far I've had black caviar once but I hear red is nicer. I don't trust my sources.

I've tried a lot of "fancy foods" over the years, kinda made it my objective to try a delicacy of most places. I'm going to say now theres only been 3 dishes I've outright refused to eat on principle, 1 was a lamb's head in Egypt. Another was Tata a Polish dish prepared from raw beef and raw eggs. The last was something silly, like a traditional Polish dish involving beetroot (nothing good can ever come of that purple fucking root veg)

I would say I found snails to be particulary unappetizing unsurprisingly (or not lol) the french eat many weird and sometimes wonderful things but regardless of what they claim, fish head soup, frogs legs and snails will never be on that list.

Ironically, giant African Ants covered in Chocolate are divine.

G13
03-16-2011, 02:49 AM
I've had Tentacool and Tentacruel before. The latter is the most awful thing I've ever eaten. Something about the evolution process just wreaks havoc on the animal.

NorthernChaosGod
03-16-2011, 04:08 AM
I've had Tentacool and Tentacruel before. The latter is the most awful thing I've ever eaten. Something about the evolution process just wreaks havoc on the animal.

Vegans will probably say it's cruelty to the animal that causes that. Or something retarded like that.

The only fancy food I eat is big ass steaks.

qwertysaur
03-16-2011, 04:11 AM
Are you insane? Those species are quite poisonous. You are lucky to be alive.

G13
03-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Oh you poor, pathetic fool. You have much to learn of us otherworlders. :smug:

qwertysaur
03-16-2011, 06:33 AM
So you are at least part steel type and enjoy eating water? :p

Jiro
03-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Caviar is not my favourite thing at all. AT ALL.

escobert
03-16-2011, 12:08 PM
I've liked almost all the fine cuisine I've had around the world.

Aerith's Knight
03-16-2011, 06:58 PM
I've liked almost all the fine cuisine I've had around the world.

Even snails? Or Caviar on snails?