PDA

View Full Version : >> Youtube..

black orb
03-19-2011, 10:31 PM
>>> I cant login into my youtube account, they are asking me my phone number.. What the hell???
Is there any way to fix/avoid that anoying :bou::bou::bou::bou:?..:luca:

Or maybe another youtube-like site to upload videos?

thanks in advance..

Vyk
03-20-2011, 12:35 AM
As I recall that's just merely an option. The point is mainly to switch everyone over to a Google account. You should just be able to leave the phone number field blank, all they really care about is linking to your Google account

black orb
03-20-2011, 09:00 PM
>>> Is not just an option, the page says "You will no longer be able to sign in to YouTube without a Google Account. "

Seriously.. what the hell??.. :luca:

Vyk
03-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Yeah you're required to make a Google account, but I don't think you're required to give your phone number

black orb
03-20-2011, 09:34 PM
>>> I tried to make a google account and they are asking me my phone number.. and is not just an option it looks like you have to do it..:luca:

qwertysaur
03-20-2011, 11:08 PM
To activate a google account they text you a confirmation code now to make sure you are alive and not a bot.

Vyk
03-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Must be pretty new. I've had a Google account for about a year and don't recall that. Though you'd think they'd want users who don't have cell phones as well. There should be an e-mail activation option like every other site on the internet. But they do have my number (I went ahead and gave it while linking it to YouTube) and I can vouch that so far its not been used for nefarious means

Jiro
03-21-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm glad I got a Google Account before this phone number :bou::bou::bou::bou: