PDA

View Full Version : PSP hesitated to go to sleep.

Jessweeee♪
03-20-2011, 05:36 AM
When I tried to put my PSP 2000 to sleep, the screen turned black (but not off) and the power light started to blink. I just left it blinking like that and while I googled (turned up nothing relevant) it shut itself off. I'm guessing it blinked for about a minute or so. When I turned it on, it said the battery was at about 50%, so it was adequately charged.

It hasn't happened again, but I'm worried that this might mean my battery's gone bad or something :(

Vyk
03-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Did the memory light blink? Depending on how much is on the memory stick, and/or what game you may have been playing, sometimes it has to think for a bit and/or process a 'save state' kinda thing for when it comes back on it can go right back to whatever. Sometimes it does do this just periodically. My PSP has had its own problems with the power slider not working properly, or the charge light not making up its mind if it wants to blink or stay on constant (not sure what the difference between the two is) and sometimes it doesn't realize it's plugged in. But I don't associate any of this with sporadic shut-down times. The plug and the power button are right next to each other so I imagine I have a slight wiring problem. But otherwise it works fine. The delayed sleep doesn't always happen and hasn't led to anything bad so far. I think it just gets fickle sometimes. But I can't swear by it, plus mine's a 1000. Dunno if hardware makes a difference. Either way I wouldn't be too concerned unless it starts doing it every time and acting funny in other ways

Jessweeee♪
03-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I'm hoping I just held the power switch kind of funny and it got confused. The memory light didn't blink. After it was done being weird it just shut off instead of going to sleep like I meant for it to do, so nothing was saved.

Vyk
03-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Oh, it didn't even go to sleep. Well that explains the length anyway. When it gets hung up (for whatever reason) it takes a while and then just shuts off. Like if a game freezes it'll shut off on its own instead of making you pull the battery. And sometimes it'll freeze while trying to sleep. I've had it happen a few times, especially if I'm playing an emulator or a stand-alone game. I haven't experienced it much with PSP and PSX games. But yeah. That's normal for the most part. There's a chance whatever theme you're using or something minorly glitchy about your memory card might cause it (I can't edit my user name with my one memory card in, or it'll shut off, but it works fine without a card or with the other cards I have). Again, it's a finicky little bugger :] I'm sure there's more technical reasons that I'm unaware of, but for the most part, you'll eventually learn what upsets your PSP and just tend to avoid those situations and then you'll live a long happy life together :P